Jun 16 2012
By: diamondhat First Son 1 posts

Sony shouldn't disable used games for the future console(s)

9 replies 48 views Edited Jun 16, 2012

Sony, I really don't think it's necessary.

I understand you have to make money, but there are lots of people (me not being one of them) that really rely on used games, a large portion of the game market, and used games have already been bought once, why do you need them to be bought a second time? With whatever high price we can expect on the next system, I really don't think it will do the company or the system much good to try to do this....

Nobody knows much about the Orbis, but I think that the 'no-used-games' concept is really bad, it just hinders a large portion of the market and in general I think it will lead less people to buy the system, what do you think?

Message 1 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2240 posts

Re: Sony shouldn't disable used games for the future console(s)

Jun 16, 2012

I think so to, Brother.  You tell it how it is.

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 2 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 16, 2012

I doubt that sony will actually do this. You'll probably have to pay a fee to access used games, though. Disabling used games sounds like more of a microsoft move.

Message 3 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28520 posts

Jun 16, 2012

zantetsuken441 wrote:

I doubt that sony will actually do this. You'll probably have to pay a fee to access used games, though. Disabling used games sounds like more of a microsoft move.

Companies are already doing this with their online modes through the online pass system.

According to analyst Michael Pacther, Sony won't block used games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-wont-block-used-games-says-analyst-6369034

Like I always point out, many gamers are under the false impression that buying used saves you money, which is not always the case. Buying SMARTER saves you money.

Message 4 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Jun 16, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

zantetsuken441 wrote:

Companies are already doing this with their online modes through the online pass system.

Like I always point out, many gamers are under the false impression that buying used saves you money, which is not always the case. Buying SMARTER saves you money.

Now we're listening to what a analyst has to say? Nice to know that you are coming back with a tail between your legs.

Buying smarter saves you money? There is no way to buy smarter and save money.  A new product is 10 bucks and  the same product which is used is 15 bucks, 5 bucks more. Logic dictates that the 10 dollar new product is a better buy(smarter) as you are saving money and getting a new unused unit. Does that mean that you won't have any problems with the new unit? That it will work better? Does that mean it's a smarter buy? No it doesn't. One side of the coin is, that you saved 5 bucks for the time being. The other side of the coin, product is not working well, sent in for repairs, costs you S&H you are without the product for couple of days. So when it's all said and done. You spent 20 bucks repairing the product,shipping it, being without it for a few days and you have spent 30 bucks in total for the 10 dollar new unit. So your little smart buy is a money waster. It didn't save you money. You can't make the decision which is a smarter buy based on price. People buy used and new gaming systems all the time, they also buy all kinds of things. Price doesn't dictate which is a smarter or better buy. It's a crapshoot.

Message 5 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28520 posts

Jun 16, 2012

bronxz32 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

zantetsuken441 wrote:

Now we're listening to what a analyst has to say? Nice to know that you are coming back with a tail between your legs.

Buying smarter saves you money? There is no way to buy smarter and save money.  A new product is 10 bucks and  the same product which is used is 15 bucks, 5 bucks more. Logic dictates that the 10 dollar new product is a better buy(smarter) as you are saving money and getting a new unused unit. Does that mean that you won't have any problems with the new unit? That it will work better? Does that mean it's a smarter buy? No it doesn't. One side of the coin is, that you saved 5 bucks for the time being. The other side of the coin, product is not working well, sent in for repairs, costs you S&H you are without the product for couple of days. So when it's all said and done. You spent 20 bucks repairing the product,shipping it, being without it for a few days and you have spent 30 bucks in total for the 10 dollar new unit. So your little smart buy is a money waster. It didn't save you money. You can't make the decision which is a smarter buy based on price. People buy used and new gaming systems all the time, they also buy all kinds of things. Price doesn't dictate which is a smarter or better buy. It's a crapshoot.

Knock, knock?

Jack Tretton is reportedly against it to.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-exec-opposed-to-blocking-used-games-says-analyst-6376557

Don't bait me into an argument you can not win. I'm not in the mood for it, okay Sparky? Especially using convoluted "gamer logic" which is inherently flawed to begin with.

Message 6 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Jun 16, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

zantetsuken441 wrote:

Knock, knock?

Don't bait me into an argument you can not win. Especially using convoluted "gamer logic" which is inherently flawed to begin with.

If that helps you sleep better, by all means keep telling that to yourself.

Message 7 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Jun 16, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Knock, knock?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-exec-opposed-to-blocking-used-games-says-analyst-6376557

Don't bait me into an argument you can not win. I'm not in the mood for it, okay Sparky? Especially using convoluted "gamer logic" which is inherently flawed to begin with.

You threw sparky in there and a Jack article. You have never won a argument against me to begin with and you never will. You mostly end them with your lack of knowledge and it all comes out in your responses. MVP ranking and close to 18,000 posts you are nothing more than a average user(based on intelligence) on these forums at best. And if you believe that everything you post on here is right, then by all means tuck yourself in to those words and sleep well.

Message 8 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jun 17, 2012

I'ved wondered for months how much something like this would really hurt the sales of games that get mediocre or below average reviewer scores. I'd imagine people would be more afraid to take risks knowing they couldn't return a bad game if it has some form of one time only use. Not being able to rent games would suck too for the games that I don't want to buy.

Message 9 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Jun 18, 2012

bronxz32 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Knock, knock?

You threw sparky in there and a Jack article. You have never won a argument against me to begin with and you never will. You mostly end them with your lack of knowledge and it all comes out in your responses. MVP ranking and close to 18,000 posts you are nothing more than a average user(based on intelligence) on these forums at best. And if you believe that everything you post on here is right, then by all means tuck yourself in to those words and sleep well.

Just about everything he posts is right. Everything else that you think is "not right" is more of his own opinion. He does not pass off his opinion to others as truth or fact. If you think truth and fact are one in the same, you might want to take some college courses, perferably english and philosophy.

Its pretty sad that you're not even willing to do some homework of your own to see that all the links he provides is 100% factual.

Regardless of his source.

If you question the sources that he provides, if not down right DOUBT it, then you have the right to PROVE HIM WRONG.

Its fine if you dont believe everything you read, but its not fine to simply call BS when you dont even know the facts or did any homework.

But alas, you have nothing to prove that he was ever wrong except your own opinion. Almost everytime CaptainAlbator responds to a thread, or to you infact, you get so frustrated. Why is that?

BTW, if you think his forum title and post count matters to him, I can assure you it doesnt. He has always helped people and provided a fresh perspective on people issues with their PS3 and games. Have you? From all your posts you seem to only bicker with people instead of proving people wrong the correct way.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 10 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes