Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Nov 21 2012
By: Kali_boiz_4life Sackboy 489 posts
Offline

Sony should make 2 PS4 models for launch.

11 replies 454 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

Sorry no ps4 forum so post in here. I think Sony should release 2 different ps4 models when they launch the ps4. Like the ps vita did,  cheaper model without 3g, more expensive one with 4g. But with the ps4, cheaper model without BC, and more expensive model with BC with all PS titles. People who dont care about BC can get the cheaper model while those who care about BC can get the more expensive. When i say more expensive, it should be around $50-100 more expensive.

Message 1 of 12 (454 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
30304 posts
 

Re: Sony should make 2 PS4 models for launch.

Nov 21, 2012

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

Sorry no ps4 forum so post in here. I think Sony should release 2 different ps4 models when they launch the ps4. Like the ps vita did,  cheaper model without 3g, more expensive one with 4g. But with the ps4, cheaper model without BC, and more expensive model with BC with all PS titles. People who dont care about BC can get the cheaper model while those who care about BC can get the more expensive. When i say more expensive, it should be around $50-100 more expensive.


Sorry but I doubt any PS3 is going to come with 3G or 4G, connection will be available either wirelessly or wired.

 

As for B/C, I know some pwole want this, but I don't think the vast majority do, so i doubt again that any "PS4" will come with B/C, but I suppose anything's possible.

Message 2 of 12 (445 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/28/2012
Offline
489 posts
 

Re: Sony should make 2 PS4 models for launch.

Nov 21, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

Sorry no ps4 forum so post in here. I think Sony should release 2 different ps4 models when they launch the ps4. Like the ps vita did,  cheaper model without 3g, more expensive one with 4g. But with the ps4, cheaper model without BC, and more expensive model with BC with all PS titles. People who dont care about BC can get the cheaper model while those who care about BC can get the more expensive. When i say more expensive, it should be around $50-100 more expensive.


Sorry but I doubt any PS3 is going to come with 3G or 4G, connection will be available either wirelessly or wired.

 

As for B/C, I know some pwole want this, but I don't think the vast majority do, so i doubt again that any "PS4" will come with B/C, but I suppose anything's possible.


whos talking about ps3 with 3/4g? I was just using the ps vita as an example. When the ps vita release there was 2 models, one with 3g, one without. I was suggesting, sony do the same with the ps3, instead of the 3g, one have BC and the other dont. Those who dont want it can simply get the model without it. No one is forcing them to get one with BC if they dont care about BC(if sony does make it with BC)

 

Message 3 of 12 (441 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: Sony should make 2 PS4 models for launch.

Nov 21, 2012
Most likely the PS4 (Orbis) won't have BC anyway. It is rumored to use a completely different architecture that the PS3, and when you do that it can only be made compatible through software emulation...
Message 4 of 12 (439 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
30304 posts
 

Re: Sony should make 2 PS4 models for launch.

Nov 21, 2012

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

Sorry no ps4 forum so post in here. I think Sony should release 2 different ps4 models when they launch the ps4. Like the ps vita did,  cheaper model without 3g, more expensive one with 4g. But with the ps4, cheaper model without BC, and more expensive model with BC with all PS titles. People who dont care about BC can get the cheaper model while those who care about BC can get the more expensive. When i say more expensive, it should be around $50-100 more expensive.


Sorry but I doubt any PS3 is going to come with 3G or 4G, connection will be available either wirelessly or wired.

 

As for B/C, I know some pwole want this, but I don't think the vast majority do, so i doubt again that any "PS4" will come with B/C, but I suppose anything's possible.


whos talking about ps3 with 3/4g? I was just using the ps vita as an example. When the ps vita release there was 2 models, one with 3g, one without. I was suggesting, sony do the same with the ps3, instead of the 3g, one have BC and the other dont. Those who dont want it can simply get the model without it. No one is forcing them to get one with BC if they dont care about BC(if sony does make it with BC)

 


I just re-read your post, looks like I miss-read what you said, I actually found it a little difficult to read or perhaps I read it too fast in the first place, anyway I still doubt B/C will come.

 

Message 5 of 12 (435 Views)
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: Sony should make 2 PS4 models for launch.

Nov 21, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

Sorry no ps4 forum so post in here. I think Sony should release 2 different ps4 models when they launch the ps4. Like the ps vita did,  cheaper model without 3g, more expensive one with 4g. But with the ps4, cheaper model without BC, and more expensive model with BC with all PS titles. People who dont care about BC can get the cheaper model while those who care about BC can get the more expensive. When i say more expensive, it should be around $50-100 more expensive.


Sorry but I doubt any PS3 is going to come with 3G or 4G, connection will be available either wirelessly or wired.

 

As for B/C, I know some pwole want this, but I don't think the vast majority do, so i doubt again that any "PS4" will come with B/C, but I suppose anything's possible.


whos talking about ps3 with 3/4g? I was just using the ps vita as an example. When the ps vita release there was 2 models, one with 3g, one without. I was suggesting, sony do the same with the ps3, instead of the 3g, one have BC and the other dont. Those who dont want it can simply get the model without it. No one is forcing them to get one with BC if they dont care about BC(if sony does make it with BC)

 


I just re-read your post, looks like I miss-read what you said, I actually found it a little difficult to read or perhaps I read it too fast in the first place, anyway I still doubt B/C will come.

 


Brit, I read it the same way at first. The way the OP wrote that paragraph IMO makes it easy to make that mistake. It would have been clearer to state someting like different SKUs with different HDD sizes or something like that...

Message 6 of 12 (420 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/07/2012
Online
1102 posts
 

Re: Sony should make 2 PS4 models for launch.

Nov 21, 2012

Here is an article on the possibility of BC and how it might be achieved for the PS4:

 

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/92.html

 

But Logical Dolphin is correct at this point in time its not looking good. So don't trade in your PS3 for a PS4. Keep your PS3 and buy the PS4 straight out, or you might be sorry.

Message 7 of 12 (416 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2195 posts
 

Re: Sony should make 2 PS4 models for launch.

Nov 21, 2012

They all should be BC, with everything playstation.  Atleast with ps3 and if they arent atleast BC with ps3 then i probably wont get one.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 8 of 12 (394 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15650 posts
 

Re: Sony should make 2 PS4 models for launch.

Nov 21, 2012

For that to happen the programming and technical challenges for a console to do that would price a console well above what anyone would be willing to pay

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 9 of 12 (391 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2195 posts
 

Re: Sony should make 2 PS4 models for launch.

Dec 17, 2012

You are crazy Grey, if they can take a chunk of our hard drive and convert it to Vito format.  The chunks they would have to take to make BC work are pie.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 10 of 12 (327 Views)
Reply
0 Likes