Feb 13 2013
By: glaciusx25 MVP Support 13604 posts

Sony should have its own "Sony Direct"

16 replies 234 views Edited Feb 13, 2013
Nintendo just announced another Nintendo Direct for this February, to talk about upcoming 3DS and Wii U games. They usually talk about release dates and show gameplay videos.

Now THAT'S marketing. If Sony could make a video every month, reminding people what Vita games are coming out, I'm pretty sure it'd be a lot more enlightening
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 17 (234 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Re: Sony should have its own "Sony Direct"

Feb 13, 2013
The PSV Heaven events in Japan were supposed to be Sony's answer to Nintendo Direct. However, they only had one and then never again. One was supposed to happen in...July I think? Last year, then it got pushed back, and back, and back and the few opportunities for the PSV to get attention vanished with them~.
Message 2 of 17 (231 Views)
Last Guardian
11742 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Sony once had PlayStation Underground, serving to showcase demos and information about upcoming PlayStation games including behind-the-scenes content. This content would eventually be merged with the Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine, which of course is now defunct.

Message 3 of 17 (225 Views)
Wastelander
694 posts

Feb 13, 2013

yep, can agree to that.  for some reason i get this feeling that Feb 20th seems like it is being hyped up so much that Sony doesn't needs to do another info segment for the rest of the year.... err.. until E3 and the other major showcases. 

Having something seperate, intimate, and personal to announce things is a great marketing technique that N is using very well right now. 

Message 4 of 17 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

Feb 13, 2013

what? with all the power sony has in the entertainment industry i still dont understand how the heck they dont have their own tv channel in NA. A weekly/biweekly tv playstation show need to happen in the future lol

Message 5 of 17 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 13, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
The PSV Heaven events in Japan were supposed to be Sony's answer to Nintendo Direct. However, they only had one and then never again. One was supposed to happen in...July I think? Last year, then it got pushed back, and back, and back and the few opportunities for the PSV to get attention vanished with them~.

PSV Heaven?

On-topic i Agree we need something like nintendo direct.

Something like that to bring constant hype and announcements.

Suprised that with the resources sony has they haven't tried anything similar.

Message 6 of 17 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 13, 2013
I'm not surprised you don't know what it is as it's only happened once (despite claims these would be regular events). The purpose was to announce games in Japan and build hype for the system~.

The first PSV Heaven event was in March or April last year. You can see abit of what happened in here: http://www.sonypsvitablog.com/2012/03/welcome-playstation-vita-game-heaven-starts/ ~.

A second one was slated for June, then the date was left in the air and Sony never mentioned it again (which is one of the many things that contribute to my view that Sony doesn't support the PSV as much as it should)~.

The PSV Heaven event was Sony's version of Nintendo's Direct~.
Message 7 of 17 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 13, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
I'm not surprised you don't know what it is as it's only happened once (despite claims these would be regular events). The purpose was to announce games in Japan and build hype for the system~.

The first PSV Heaven event was in March or April last year. You can see abit of what happened in here: http://www.sonypsvitablog.com/2012/03/welcome-playstation-vita-game-heaven-starts/ ~.

A second one was slated for June, then the date was left in the air and Sony never mentioned it again (which is one of the many things that contribute to my view that Sony doesn't support the PSV as much as it should)~.

The PSV Heaven event was Sony's version of Nintendo's Direct~.

I had no idea that this had happen lol.

But wow they should keep doing it ffs...why did they stop T.T

Message 8 of 17 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

ColorlessMage wrote:
I had no idea that this had happen lol.

But wow they should keep doing it ffs...why did they stop T.T

Because Vita's aren't the hot item in Japan at the moment.

Message 9 of 17 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I certainly agree. I was wondering what happened to PlayStation Underground. I used to own a PSP 2000 but I got rid of it and bought the PSP 3000 back in 2009 and I was always scratching my head because of the fact that PS Underground had disappeared. I don't know anything about PlayStation Heaven but that first video was actually pretty cool.

I think that Sony should resurrect both PlayStation Underground and PlayStation Heaven in Japan and North America. The 3DS even has it's own shows on the system called "Nintendo Show 3D and Nintendo Video. It seriously confuddles me that Sony PlayStation doesn't offer similar services on the PS Vita. I do give Sony praise for the "Near" service which is similar to Street Pass on the 3DS. I love using Near. 

Message 10 of 17 (170 Views)
0 Likes