Jan 07 2012
By: DiamondMX First Son 2 posts

Sony should allow region changes for PSN accounts

1 replies 72 views Edited Jan 7, 2012

I am one of no doubt many users who have moved from one country to another after creating a PSN account, and I have found that my old PSN account cannot be transferred to the new country because Sony policy does not allow this (there is also a technical limitation, but this was a design decision and could be rectified).

I am quite upset that the only option I am given is to manage two accounts now, one I must maintain as it is the only way I can keep the games I have bought previously, and a new one I must create to be able to access the store with my new address/credit card. It was a very poor decision for Sony to lock accounts to a single country on creation, and to make it so there is no way for a user to rectify an inaccurate address on file.

As is often the case, the people on the support desk were willing, but unable to help due to a higher level decision.

Message 1 of 2 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
39470 posts

Re: Sony should allow region changes for PSN accounts

Jan 7, 2012

For what it's worth I agree with you on this.

I have a feeling it has already been suggested, but if not it can be added here if you want to: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 2 (72 Views)
0 Likes