Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 11 2012
By: LordZog1 First Son 17 posts

Sony screwed me out of content

18 replies 27 views Edited Mar 11, 2012

Just wanted to share my experience with Sony I had over the past week. Started March 3rd, I bought a copy of the Uncharted Dual Pack (UC 1 and UC2 GOTY). On the box it says it includes Uncharted 3 DLC. Opened both games and got a GOTY voucher, NOT the super voucher.

Called Sony PS3 CSR and spoke to someone who informed me to scan my voucher front and back and the store receipt and e-mail it to a department that deals with voucher problems. Told takes up to 48 hours for a reply and to not use the code. DONE.

2 hours later, got an automated reply stating they will look into it and should hear back within 12 hours. March 3rd was a Friday so, figured I would wait 48 hours from monday morning.

March 7th, no e-mail so, called to ask the status of it. Was told it wasn't done yet and that it can take 3-5 days so, wait till Friday. She also told me, cause the super voucher is 2 codes, to redeem the code I had. I told her I was told not to. She said it is OK due to the fact they issue me a code for the 2 missing DLC's. She even tried to walk me through it. Code redeemed.

March 9th, got an e-mail stating they will NOT issue me a new code due to the fact my code was redeemed!!!!!!!! WTF! Called Sony and spoke to a manager who contacted

the department and came back stating that is the final decision and are NOT willing to help me! And to contact my retailer. Well, my retailler says nothing can be done, the code is scratched and won't take the game back.. Can't blame them.

Is this how customer service works now? If a rep from SONY tells you to do something, another department at SONY tells you you shouldn't have?? So, cause I was told to use the code, they won't help me get the missing content that was supposed to be in the box.. Just wanted to share this with anyone who likes to read this stuff!! 

Message 1 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25144 posts

Re: Sony screwed me out of content

Mar 11, 2012

LordZog1 wrote:

Just wanted to share my experience with Sony I had over the past week. Started March 3rd, I bought a copy of the Uncharted Dual Pack (UC 1 and UC2 GOTY). On the box it says it includes Uncharted 3 DLC. Opened both games and got a GOTY voucher, NOT the super voucher.

Called Sony PS3 CSR and spoke to someone who informed me to scan my voucher front and back and the store receipt and e-mail it to a department that deals with voucher problems. Told takes up to 48 hours for a reply and to not use the code. DONE.

2 hours later, got an automated reply stating they will look into it and should hear back within 12 hours. March 3rd was a Friday so, figured I would wait 48 hours from monday morning.

March 7th, no e-mail so, called to ask the status of it. Was told it wasn't done yet and that it can take 3-5 days so, wait till Friday. She also told me, cause the super voucher is 2 codes, to redeem the code I had. I told her I was told not to. She said it is OK due to the fact they issue me a code for the 2 missing DLC's. She even tried to walk me through it. Code redeemed.

March 9th, got an e-mail stating they will NOT issue me a new code due to the fact my code was redeemed!!!!!!!! ***! Called Sony and spoke to a manager who contacted

the department and came back stating that is the final decision and are NOT willing to help me! And to contact my retailer. Well, my retailler says nothing can be done, the code is scratched and won't take the game back.. Can't blame them.

Is this how customer service works now? If a rep from SONY tells you to do something, another department at SONY tells you you shouldn't have?? So, cause I was told to use the code, they won't help me get the missing content that was supposed to be in the box.. Just wanted to share this with anyone who likes to read this stuff!! 

If you bought the game used and the voucher was redeemed, then you're out of luck. You should have asked when you bought the game initially if the code was valid. It's hardly Sony's fault that you bought a code that was already redeemed.

Message 2 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 11, 2012

If you read what I wrote, I redeemed the code. It was a new box and I was told to redeem it on March 7th by Sony. Then on the 9th, they told me they can't help me cause I redeemed the code..

Message 3 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25144 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Here's a question; where did you buy the game, and are you trying to redeem a code that's not from your region?

Message 4 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 11, 2012

The code was redeemed by myself on March 7th at the request of a Sony rep and worked fine. Purchased from Best Buy. The problem is, the super voucher I was supposed to get has 2 codes and I didn't get my super voucher, just the regular 1 code voucher that comes with Uncharted 2 GOTY.. They won't issue me the 2nd code for the Uncharted 3 DLC that the Dual Pack comes with due to the fact I redeemed the code I got and it didn't include the missing content (2 items) after being told by a Sony rep March 7th to do so. March 9th, told due to the fact I redeemed it, they won't issue me a code for the content that was missing.... I redeemed it March 7th as per Sony's request, then told they won't help me cause I redeemed it, even though its supposed to be a seperate code all together. If I DIDN'T redeem it, they would of helped....

Message 5 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15650 posts

Mar 12, 2012

You should have contaced Naughty Dog

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 6 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Mar 12, 2012

And you can't really blame all of Sony over some moron customer service agent who obviously has no idea what they're doing. Talk to a manager and report that agent for giving you bad advice that cost you.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 7 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

Mar 12, 2012

yea that is a good idea and should also teach you not to get things from best buy...

Message 8 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 12, 2012

I reported her to the manager I spoke with on march 9th. They claim nothing can be done.

Message 9 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 12, 2012

How does buying it from Best Buy make a difference? It was new and sealed...

Message 10 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes