I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Re: Sony's projected failure rate

Nov 15, 2013

The reason why a lot of people go with GameStop or Best Buy warranty is because they don't want to wait for the box Sony sends and then wait for them to receive it. It just decreases the amount of time for those not willing to wait 3+ weeks.

Message 21 of 27 (133 Views)
Limit Breaker
22834 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

BRB_Krew wrote:

The reason why a lot of people go with GameStop or Best Buy warranty is because they don't want to wait for the box Sony sends and then wait for them to receive it. It just decreases the amount of time for those not willing to wait 3+ weeks.

if that's the case then costco would be best..

once costco started to carry ps4..  if they decided to.. then get the ps4  from them..

no store can beat their service and warranty Smiley Happy 

PS3/PS4 is not being considered in the 90 days electronics category for some reason.. so you can return it anytime!!  extra warranty/insurance/protection purchase needed!

not only they give you the FULL REFUND  but also you can get the new system right on the spot.. (if they have them in stock or still carrying them)..

**when they started to carry PS3 500GB ACII bundle.. i returned the 320GB PS3 move bundle that i bought from 2-3 years ago back to them.. they gave me back $432 (full refund)  i used that to buy the 500GB bundle for $324  and the  left over money in my pocket Smiley Happy

if it's warranty.... no place can beat costco warranty..    but only if they have the products..

COSTCO used to carry apple ipod/itouch.. but apple didn't like their warranty policy so they decided not to have their products sold at costco anymore..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 27 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Yeah but I already pre-ordered it from GameStop. Not going to go through the trouble just to get in from CostCo. I got the warranty from GameStop so I can just go to them and have them deal with it. I don't want to have to call Sony, be put on hold, explain my situation, wait for a box, mail the box, wait for them to receive the box, wait for them to do what they have to do to make sure I didn't break warranty, then wait for the new PS4. Much easier to go to GameStop and say "It's defective." Then they do whatever they have to do, I don't have time to deal with Sony reps and mailing stuff.

Message 23 of 27 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Its a low number and that is what matters. We have to be in faith and be happy. I know most of us will get good working consoles. Hope to see you tomorrow playing PS4 with me.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 24 of 27 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Hey...better than the 360 numbers.

Message 25 of 27 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Article is misleading.

The 0.4% figure comes from current KNOWN PS4's that are defective/faulty, in relation to pre-launch and currently shipped consoles. Not JUST the ones WE know about and the 4400 units given away from the Taco Bell promotion.

We won't know the full extent of this issue until more PS4's get into peoples homes.

While it IS a great failure rate at the moment.... it COULD turn its ugly head very fast.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 26 of 27 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
22834 posts

Nov 15, 2013

some places reported problem with video output

http://kotaku.com/good-news-about-our-once-broken-ps4-1464813671

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE