Dec 25 2012
By: Ex-Hale1 First Son 4 posts

Sony's constant issues

17 replies 293 views Edited Dec 25, 2012

I am the parent of a PS3 owning child. i am VERY PC literate, and deal with all of my sons PS3 "issues".

He wanted nothing more than to have Blops2 for x-mas. he couldnt care less for the rest of it. he now has it. when he opened it, he actually wanted to leave the rest of his presents for later, and go play his new game. well, when all was done, he went to play. 

3 guesses what happened, and the first 2 dont count. YUP, unable to connect to servers, try again later msg.  after several attemps by him and I, i decided to do a standard routine.

i first did a password reset.

second was a internet test. all successful.

third was an online check through Blops1 and a couple other games. all connected successfully.

fourth and last was a return to Blops2. NO DICE!

my system update is current. everything is as it should be.

now my question to you Sony (not likr it will be answered) is, what makes you think that i am going to go out and spend another 50.00 on a Season Pass for a game that my son cannot play online?

do you really believe that we, the parents and consumers are that ignorant? (i probably know the answer to that already)

there is a constant with you Sony; a multi-billion dollar company that cannot keep servers up, always have a constant/continuous update, and cant even keep your users information secure.

Sony WILL NOT recieve another red cent from my pocket until these issues ar resolved. there is also a very good possibility that the PS3 and all its games and accessories will be sold and replaced with an XBOX.

I have had it with ALL THE PROBLEMS!

and to anyone that reads this and has the power in the household, i would suggest that you think about this and refrain from giving this company anymore of you hard earned money.

they (Sony) will continue to treat the consumer as their personal cash cow until something is done by us. "WE" decide what company makes it or goes bust. Sony used to be a good company. they used to be on top of the pile, but now, they are nothing more than a greed hungry pig. feeding off the consumers that put them at the top.

Message 1 of 18 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

Re: Sony's constant issues

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

Posting an angry rant, at Christmas no less, won't actually entice forumers to read over and help you.

Anyway, look for my post here and post back if it works:
https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/My-PS3-won-t-download-game-updates/m-p/3915271...

Message 2 of 18 (283 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Ex-Hale1 wrote:

I am the parent of a PS3 owning child. i am VERY PC literate, and deal with all of my sons PS3 "issues".

He wanted nothing more than to have Blops2 for x-mas. he couldnt care less for the rest of it. he now has it. when he opened it, he actually wanted to leave the rest of his presents for later, and go play his new game. well, when all was done, he went to play. 

3 guesses what happened, and the first 2 dont count. YUP, unable to connect to servers, try again later msg.  after several attemps by him and I, i decided to do a standard routine.

i first did a password reset.

>Password reset totally got a connection to network issues.

second was a internet test. all successful.

third was an online check through Blops1 and a couple other games. all connected successfully.

Wait wait, so all the other games worked.

fourth and last was a return to Blops2. NO DICE!

So all the other games worked except one? Hm, yea we should blame the company of the console than the makers of the game. 

my system update is current. everything is as it should be.

now my question to you Sony (not likr it will be answered) is, what makes you think that i am going to go out and spend another 50.00 on a Season Pass for a game that my son cannot play online?

do you really believe that we, the parents and consumers are that ignorant? (i probably know the answer to that already)

Hm, I wonder how many many other people are playing Black Ops 2 and just you can't?
Oh Sony made the Season Pass on a treyarch game? 
Do I believe you are ignorant? Well um, Yea.

there is a constant with you Sony; a multi-billion dollar company that cannot keep servers up, always have a constant/continuous update, and cant even keep your users information secure.

Mkay, Sony runs Treyach servers. I have Black ops 2 on my 360 and the servers are down due to people swarming in.
http://www.examiner.com/article/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-gets-a-small-update-the-weekend-before-chri...

Sony WILL NOT recieve another red cent from my pocket until these issues ar resolved. there is also a very good possibility that the PS3 and all its games and accessories will be sold and replaced with an XBOX.

I have had it with ALL THE PROBLEMS!

Go get one, so then you can have connection issues while paying for it.

and to anyone that reads this and has the power in the household, i would suggest that you think about this and refrain from giving this company anymore of you hard earned money.

they (Sony) will continue to treat the consumer as their personal cash cow until something is done by us. "WE" decide what company makes it or goes bust. Sony used to be a good company. they used to be on top of the pile, but now, they are nothing more than a greed hungry pig. feeding off the consumers that put them at the top.

Mkay, enjoy paying $60 dollars and a portion to another company other than Microsoft. Oh while your having issues too. 

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 3 of 18 (276 Views)
Fender Bender
2672 posts

Dec 25, 2012

^ Points to everything Lazy said and double ditto!

I have built computers, repaired my PS2, the PS3 is basically a mini PC.... and for someone who says they're "VERY PC literate".... you sure don't know a god **bleep** thing about what you're doing.......... I suggest you pay real close attention to what Lazy said.

SONY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CALL OF DUTY II'S SERVERS THAT SONY DOESN'T RUN BEING DOWN. If you actually knew ANYTHING, first you'd know sony doesnt' run all the online servers in the world......  and COD runs their OWN. And the first thing you would've done was get online on the laptop or w/e and check their forums and see if their servers were down. The first thing you did was a PASSWORD RESET? What in the HELL does THAT have to do with a internet connection...... If the PS3's signed into the PSN thenthe connection's fine genius, and I'll assume it was since other games worked.

Message 4 of 18 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
647 posts

Dec 25, 2012

If you can't connect to a game, why would your first reaction be to reset the password? Oh the ignorance....

Message 5 of 18 (245 Views)
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

honestly hale i just got a system today. having issues. ive owned over 4 ps3 this is brand new one number 5 im having issues. If u wanna go xbox and pay for LIVE be out guest. PS3 people are dedicated due to coming from ps2 and ps1 xbox has it ups but figure this ps3 network has issues and is free. xbox is mainly issue free (but does have issues) but yet u pay. Thats ur choice u make it but dont bring ur so called "ignorance" on here bashing a company who makes something thats brings in money u couldnt even fatham making with 5 years at your job......

Message 6 of 18 (240 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Don't be angry at Sony for failing to run a poorly made game, be angry at the creators of the CoD series, for producing a half finished game in time for Christmas so they'd sell more, whoever owns the CoD games now, I've lost track what company is actually making them now.
Message 7 of 18 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Something tells me a combination of the following have to do with the issue your son experienced:

1. It's Christmas and Blops 2 is a very popular game + school children (obviously) not at school and playing the game = larger than usual amount of gamers 

2. The game is not owned or administered by Sony. It's on a Sony console. The complaint should be directed to Activision who actually owns and published the game

3. Complaining on a user forum =/= a valid method of expressing your disappointment or anger. 

Message 8 of 18 (213 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Dec 26, 2012

you all seem to completely miss the point. point is, if Sony stands behind a company, they are as at fault as Activiosion. when you buy your DLC, you do it through the PSN. one hand holds the other. when you buy a SEaon Pass, you buy through PSN. see what im getting at. i never said i expect perfection. what do expect is for a company to stand behind something they activly promote. i also expect the development company to stand behind their product. i do have many a problem with companys like EA and their practices on games like MOH Warfighter. (also the Teir 1 version) Valve Steam did show some competency agter promoting The WarZ on their store for DLC when the uproar from consumers was so great, and it was removed.

i am not going to get into a big PC vs. Console snafu, but there is rarely an issue with PC servers not running. dont you believe that Dev companies and Sony should have their finger on issues? they do know that it is x-mas, and lots of people are going to be on the servers. it just seems like a little than half the time my son gets on his PS3, he has some sort of connection issues to servers. my rant was at the constant issues. it was not pointed at "you", the console users. i kinda figure your pointed words at me have something to do with the fact that i said i am a PC user/gamer, and that never stands good between the genre of users. considering the words were slung at me from angry people, when i said nothing to attack "you", the users.

my main point was that i went through the basic steps to make sure that everything was fine on my end, and that it was a problem on the server side of things.he did, inevitably get on last night, and played for a few hrs.

so, point your frustrations at me or my words. thats fine. i only stated the obvious. who here can say that there hasnt been a plethora of issues with Sony and game Devs? the rushing of games to make a buck, and lax security problems are not an uncommon practice now, are they?

Message 9 of 18 (188 Views)
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

Obviously you don't get it. Place the blame where the blame should be placed!!!

Message 10 of 18 (182 Views)