PlayStation MVP
25948 posts

Re: Sony's PSP games remade on PS3

Jul 3, 2012
Remake PSP games. Remake PS2 games... doesn't anyone want to play PS THREE games?
Message 11 of 20 (210 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Jul 3, 2012

i believe that sony will port best sellers from the psp or games that are part of a popular franchise to the ps3. i would make sense to capitalise on the ps3 market available. for instance, i played all the  GoW's that was available on the ps2 and ps3 and am anticipating a copy of GoW Origins for a clean sweep.  as for the rest of psp tiltles, i don't think sony will go that route. a press release will be provided if sony decide to go that route. however, business is about profits. so if it deemed profitable and there is a market, then it would be done.

Message 12 of 20 (209 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Jul 3, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:
Remake PSP games. Remake PS2 games... doesn't anyone want to play PS THREE games?

i love ps3 games but i would also like to play the games i wanted toplay that were ps2 and psp titles. for me it is having what you loved from the old (psp/ps2/ps games) and bringing it to the new (ps3). hence, enjoying the old (psp/ps2/ps games) and the new (ps3 games) on an awesome system.

Message 13 of 20 (206 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 3, 2012
Vita remakes are more likely to happen then PS3 remakes... that seems fairly legit.

Size Matters was one of the PSP's best games ever and also was s good reason to own a PSP for many. Hopefully Sony will remake it on Vita.

It would definitley sell a lot and as I said, one of the best games on PSP.
Message 14 of 20 (195 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 3, 2012
I don't think it makes sense in most instances to remake a PSP game for Vita when they can just make the original PSP code compatible with the Vita...
Message 15 of 20 (191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 3, 2012
Well honestly, it depends on what game you're talking about. When Size Matters came out in 2007 it was one of the games that made people want to own a PSP.

Not only that, but it's a Greatest Hits title and recieves generally positive reviews. The Infrastructure mode had hundreds of players online for it's first few years which is a lot for a PSP game.

Size Matters was taken off of PS Store recently for a reason. I believe an HD remake on PS3 or Vita is possible. If anything, Size Matters deserves the remake.
Message 16 of 20 (184 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 3, 2012
I never regarded (or read) that Size Matters as a reason to buy a PSP. I just thought of it being the first R&C game that Insomniac didn't make.

BTW this PSP game was also made into a PS2 game, which IMO makes it even less likely to get a remake in any form.

By your logic, if Size matters was removed from the PS Store to make way for a HD remake, then the same thing should have happened to the PSP GOW games before they got an HD remake...
Message 17 of 20 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 4, 2012
I was just assuming they do stuff like this because they are remaking the game. Size Matters recieved generally positive reviews as I stated and it was a PSP version of the series first 3 titles on PS2 which were huge successes that made Insomniac well known.

Size Matters is definitley a good reason to own a PSP. The PS2 port was rather unessacary and stupid. Size Matters was meant to be PSP exclusive and orginally came out on PSP. A remake of Size Matters on PS3 or Vita would definitley be the right decision considering the series popularity.

The game dissapearing off of PlayStation Store and the servers worlwide being shutdown hasn't been done for no reason. Maybe you should read some reviews on the game? Critics went crazy about it 5 years ago when it was released.
Message 18 of 20 (169 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 4, 2012
There are countless titles that get a good critical reviews and fail to perform commercially, and this may have been one of them. I am of the mind that if a PSP game is converted to the PS2, they thought it could sell better on the PS2 platform, because it has a wider audience.

Perhaps there is something to the game no longer being on the PSN store, or again perhaps not. Supposedly there is a surprise bonus for the North American version of the Ratchet and Clank collection for the PS3. Many people believed that the bonus might have something to do with Ratchet: Deadlocked, which wasn't part of the PS3 collection...
Message 19 of 20 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 4, 2012
Well they're also making a new R&C called Full Frontal Assault.

Size Matters did not perform commercially well as you said. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Message 20 of 20 (158 Views)
0 Likes