Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: Sony's HORRIBLE servers

Jun 3, 2013
I don't feel like sifting through all of this but I'll just say the day I ever start paying to play online is the day steam starts charging for their service (free and eclipses both psn & live). There's no magical reason why MS charges for their online. They just do it because they can. It's a great way for them to make money and they know that hardly anyone will refuse to play online when that's the space all of their friends occupy.
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 41 of 46 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jun 3, 2013
I do know that the PSN downloading games and content can be very slow at times but im not the one to complain. I have Comcast 25mbs down/ 4.5mbs up so I dont have slow connection to or within the store compared to my Verizon DSL I had before Comcast. Its even slower on my PS Vita and alot slower on my PSP Go system in terms of download games and content but its cool, not that big of a deal to me. As long as the PSN for multi player games are not effected then im happy Smiley Happy
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 42 of 46 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 10, 2013

I have google fiber **bleep**.

Message 43 of 46 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 10, 2013

balmungfury wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

balmungfury wrote:

hjason1 wrote:

Lol, wow if you can't setup a network or get good enough internet over dial up speeds then you don't belong online gaming..

Also i hate to break it to you oh who am i kidding i would love to break it to you.

XBL uses the same servers as sony does..

It was outted in the news over a year ago by someone from ms..

All your paying for is the servers and adds...

We don't pay and we don't have adds lol...

So go back and play your **bleep** box full of adds....

Since we do consumers pay for ads lol Capitalism at its best should be the other way around.

We've always paid for ads..... you have TV (Cable/Sattelite) ? You get commercials. 
Not only does the viewer pay a monthly fee for the several hundred channels that they have access to, but advertisers sponsor (ie: pay the network money) many different shows and even networks to be able to be seen. In turn, the advertisers get a potential exposure of tens of millions of viewers which can make them hundreds of millions, if not BILLIONS in revenue.

Thats just ONE example of paying to see ads. And there are MANY more out there. 

Capitalism can either work FOR you, or AGAINST you. 

But there's also a disconnect with capitalism where logic and common sense have no part in how a business makes money. 

Thats why when you pay $60/year for Live, Microsoft sees about $1billion in profit, about half of that comes from the subscription, the other half comes from people buying stuff from the marketplace.
And then, with the new dashboard update, MS engineered it to be able to deliver ads. And if you learn how the ads work on the new dashboard, MS is making another few hundred million by selling ad space on the dashboard.
Which some would call "double-dipping" and while its not illegal in that sense, its simply wrong. 
Especially with how MS is again, trying to become a monopoly.

The definition of Capitalism, is not about that.

Capitalism is a term in which is supported by economic reasons. There is no black and white, only a grey area.

I never watch a commercial unless I get paid direclty and for more than 10 cent yes it is possible forgot website been to busy with college. Yes try telling someone to buy the Xbone here please I'd love to see the billion $$ revenue lol. Try telling that to every middle class household that isn't middle class anymore why a company goes bankrupt and give $10 million bonus to CEO is beyond my mortal comprehension. Can M$ be considered to have over 5 times profit on XBLG? http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY13/Q3/defa... ?

Yes to everything you said.

If you're wondering about Microsoft's profits and revenue associtated with Xbox Live.... you should take a MUCH closer look at their financials. 

Annual reports say that $600million comes from Xbox Live subscriptions. The rest of their profits come from selling ad-space and online purchases. 
I believe such a record is from 2009 IIC.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 44 of 46 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 10, 2013

The-Sarge wrote:

Sony needs to change the way they organize their free Network.

If the excuse is that because it is free, don't complain about the times we can't keep up with traffic, that is fine.

But when their load issues with their "free" network is affecting my ability to use a third party paid service like Netflix, we have a problem.

I pay Netflix for the privilege of watching at my convenience.  When I can't get on to Netflix, because I can't stay logged in to the PSN, then Sony is effectively interfering with that business arrangement.

There is no reason why we have to be signed into the PSN just to access our Netflix accounts.  I could give two craps what the PSN was doing on Friday night.  I just wanted to watch a Movie, but I couldn't.

Netflix was not having issues.  The PSN was.  Why must one affect the other?  Why has Sony made this the case?  And seeing as how they have decided to make it work this way, then they must adhere to a higher standard for their Network to not be bogged down by load.

Either that or separate the paid third party services from their Network.

Or refund me my Netflix fee.

You're right in every sense.

But you CAN watch netflix without being logged in to the PSN. Although, I do agree that it SHOULDN'T have to be dependent on another.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 45 of 46 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jun 10, 2013
PSN isn't bad because it's free & xbl isn't great because it costs money. Steam is proof of this in both arguments. When there's a lot of traffic, things can happen. It's not isolated to game servers.
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 46 of 46 (39 Views)
0 Likes