First Son
13 posts

Re: Sony's HORRIBLE servers

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

if you all stop "Rooting" your **** ps3's then you have bad  **** happen to your systems!! i don't experience half the issues you all are talkin about with the crashing and freezing and all that.....yall trippin!!

[Edited for profanity.]

Message 31 of 46 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

Mineyurn wrote:

if you all stop "Rooting" your **** ps3's then you have bad **** happen to your systems!! i don't experience half the issues you all are talkin about with the crashing and freezing and all that.....yall trippin!!

Edit: removed profanity

U--J

None of what you said has anything to do with what is in this thread

Furiously Chaosing
Message 32 of 46 (106 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

balmungfury wrote:

hjason1 wrote:

Lol, wow if you can't setup a network or get good enough internet over dial up speeds then you don't belong online gaming..

Also i hate to break it to you oh who am i kidding i would love to break it to you.

XBL uses the same servers as sony does..

It was outted in the news over a year ago by someone from ms..

All your paying for is the servers and adds...

We don't pay and we don't have adds lol...

So go back and play your **bleep** box full of adds....

Since we do consumers pay for ads lol Capitalism at its best should be the other way around.

We've always paid for ads..... you have TV (Cable/Sattelite) ? You get commercials. 
Not only does the viewer pay a monthly fee for the several hundred channels that they have access to, but advertisers sponsor (ie: pay the network money) many different shows and even networks to be able to be seen. In turn, the advertisers get a potential exposure of tens of millions of viewers which can make them hundreds of millions, if not BILLIONS in revenue.

Thats just ONE example of paying to see ads. And there are MANY more out there. 

Capitalism can either work FOR you, or AGAINST you. 

But there's also a disconnect with capitalism where logic and common sense have no part in how a business makes money. 

Thats why when you pay $60/year for Live, Microsoft sees about $1billion in profit, about half of that comes from the subscription, the other half comes from people buying stuff from the marketplace.
And then, with the new dashboard update, MS engineered it to be able to deliver ads. And if you learn how the ads work on the new dashboard, MS is making another few hundred million by selling ad space on the dashboard.
Which some would call "double-dipping" and while its not illegal in that sense, its simply wrong. 
Especially with how MS is again, trying to become a monopoly.

The definition of Capitalism, is not about that.

Capitalism is a term in which is supported by economic reasons. There is no black and white, only a grey area.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 33 of 46 (105 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 3, 2013

spartanwarrior2 wrote:

This is exactly what Xbox players are talking about when they say their online is stable and better. Sony, get your **bleep** together because this is **bleep** ridiculous. The entire system crashes when we try to download a demo that was supposed to be available months ago. **bleep** you and your **bleep** **bleep** servers that cant handle a few thousand people at a time. I fear for the PS4 and Gaikai if this is what you think is acceptable now.

No, it isnt about that at all.

Its about the fact that, once in a blue moon, sometimes, the servers can get overloaded. You can have a multi-billion dollar mainframe and it will still be able to succumb to overloading, with enough people asking for the same amount of data.

BUT, it can also be the fact that you have a crappy connection due to your ISP.

I can assure you that if you're talking about "The Last of Us" demo.... there are a few million people trying to download it all at the same time, not "a few thousand"

So take your little forum rage-fit, have a coke and a smile, and download it at a later time. Go outside and walk your dog.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 34 of 46 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

balmungfury wrote:

hjason1 wrote:

Lol, wow if you can't setup a network or get good enough internet over dial up speeds then you don't belong online gaming..

Also i hate to break it to you oh who am i kidding i would love to break it to you.

XBL uses the same servers as sony does..

It was outted in the news over a year ago by someone from ms..

All your paying for is the servers and adds...

We don't pay and we don't have adds lol...

So go back and play your **bleep** box full of adds....

Since we do consumers pay for ads lol Capitalism at its best should be the other way around.

We've always paid for ads..... you have TV (Cable/Sattelite) ? You get commercials. 
Not only does the viewer pay a monthly fee for the several hundred channels that they have access to, but advertisers sponsor (ie: pay the network money) many different shows and even networks to be able to be seen. In turn, the advertisers get a potential exposure of tens of millions of viewers which can make them hundreds of millions, if not BILLIONS in revenue.

Thats just ONE example of paying to see ads. And there are MANY more out there. 

Capitalism can either work FOR you, or AGAINST you. 

But there's also a disconnect with capitalism where logic and common sense have no part in how a business makes money. 

Thats why when you pay $60/year for Live, Microsoft sees about $1billion in profit, about half of that comes from the subscription, the other half comes from people buying stuff from the marketplace.
And then, with the new dashboard update, MS engineered it to be able to deliver ads. And if you learn how the ads work on the new dashboard, MS is making another few hundred million by selling ad space on the dashboard.
Which some would call "double-dipping" and while its not illegal in that sense, its simply wrong. 
Especially with how MS is again, trying to become a monopoly.

The definition of Capitalism, is not about that.

Capitalism is a term in which is supported by economic reasons. There is no black and white, only a grey area.

I never watch a commercial unless I get paid direclty and for more than 10 cent yes it is possible forgot website been to busy with college. Yes try telling someone to buy the Xbone here please I'd love to see the billion $$ revenue lol. Try telling that to every middle class household that isn't middle class anymore why a company goes bankrupt and give $10 million bonus to CEO is beyond my mortal comprehension. Can M$ be considered to have over 5 times profit on XBLG? http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY13/Q3/defa... ?

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 35 of 46 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I'm glad some people brought up that the OP's internet conenction may have had something to do with it. It most likely does.  I will say thought that at "peak times" the PSN can be slow.  But it is rare for me and usually when I am trying to dowload something like a movie. I never have trouble otherwise.

Again as it was brought up you are also not charged for online services. PS+ grants you access to exlusive content and discounts. NOT special sped up servers or anything.  I experience minimal issues when suing PSN online feautres. When I do it's usually becuase there are a massive amount of people trying to do the exact same thing I am. Some slow down is gonna happen.

Message 36 of 46 (96 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jun 3, 2013

spartanwarrior2 wrote:

This is exactly what Xbox players are talking about when they say their online is stable and better. Sony, get your **bleep** together because this is **bleep** ridiculous. The entire system crashes when we try to download a demo that was supposed to be available months ago. **bleep** you and your **bleep** **bleep** servers that cant handle a few thousand people at a time. I fear for the PS4 and Gaikai if this is what you think is acceptable now.

Dont make me use this

Troll_Spary_max192w.JPG

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 37 of 46 (90 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Sony needs to change the way they organize their free Network.

If the excuse is that because it is free, don't complain about the times we can't keep up with traffic, that is fine.

But when their load issues with their "free" network is affecting my ability to use a third party paid service like Netflix, we have a problem.

I pay Netflix for the privilege of watching at my convenience.  When I can't get on to Netflix, because I can't stay logged in to the PSN, then Sony is effectively interfering with that business arrangement.

There is no reason why we have to be signed into the PSN just to access our Netflix accounts.  I could give two craps what the PSN was doing on Friday night.  I just wanted to watch a Movie, but I couldn't.

Netflix was not having issues.  The PSN was.  Why must one affect the other?  Why has Sony made this the case?  And seeing as how they have decided to make it work this way, then they must adhere to a higher standard for their Network to not be bogged down by load.

Either that or separate the paid third party services from their Network.

Or refund me my Netflix fee.

Be One With The Game.

Message 38 of 46 (77 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jun 3, 2013
If you don't like it then don't buy the console. No need for the complaining.
FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 39 of 46 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 3, 2013

The-Sarge wrote:

Sony needs to change the way they organize their free Network.

If the excuse is that because it is free, don't complain about the times we can't keep up with traffic, that is fine.

But when their load issues with their "free" network is affecting my ability to use a third party paid service like Netflix, we have a problem.

I pay Netflix for the privilege of watching at my convenience.  When I can't get on to Netflix, because I can't stay logged in to the PSN, then Sony is effectively interfering with that business arrangement.

There is no reason why we have to be signed into the PSN just to access our Netflix accounts.  I could give two craps what the PSN was doing on Friday night.  I just wanted to watch a Movie, but I couldn't.

Netflix was not having issues.  The PSN was.  Why must one affect the other?  Why has Sony made this the case?  And seeing as how they have decided to make it work this way, then they must adhere to a higher standard for their Network to not be bogged down by load.

Either that or separate the paid third party services from their Network.

Or refund me my Netflix fee.

Smiley SurprisedSony goes to hide in corner beacuse you said kinku(taboo).

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 40 of 46 (73 Views)
0 Likes