Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Re: Sony's HORRIBLE servers

Jun 1, 2013
few thousand? try a few million people at least , trying to all download the same demo ALL AT ONCE ..so yea expect a few problems when your trying to also download the same demo millions of others are at the same time
Message 21 of 46 (153 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jun 1, 2013

If Xbox ever offers a huge anticipated demo like TLOU, I'd expect problems as well. Smiley Tongue

Come to think of it... I remember when they debuted the "UFC" app. They offered a pay-per-view for free, to a limited number of Gold XBL members (first come first serve.)

I went to my brother's house to watch it.. It crashed. And nobody got to watch it. Even the people who paid.

They said they got overloaded. (under estimated the number of people that would use it.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 22 of 46 (147 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 1, 2013
**bleep** SONY?!? I have been trying to use psh for about 6 months now and it seems every hour an error occurs or it completely crashes. I get that millions of people are using it as well and it's a free service unless you buy things but crashing everyday, every hour without fail is **bleep**, your server needs the updates not psh areas. And what's with the crap you tell us when we ring up and explain we are having problems with the playstation I.E trying to redeem codes and it says an error has occurred or not letting us use our credit card on our account, you tell people it's their fault when it's not, millions of people all around the world are having the same problems so how can it be our fault. You guys need to take responsibility for when it's your stuff up and stop blaming it on everyone else. NEVER had these problems with microsoft and if something doesn't change I'll be tempted to take my services to them and let everyone else know if they can't decide between xbox or ps to go xbox
Message 23 of 46 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

Plus is optional and has nothing to do with the servers. It is free.

i believe his point was, that being a plus member didn't grant him immunity from overloaded servers....or something to that effect?

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 24 of 46 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Dovahkiin696 wrote:
**bleep** SONY?!? I have been trying to use psh for about 6 months now and it seems every hour an error occurs or it completely crashes. I get that millions of people are using it as well and it's a free service unless you buy things but crashing everyday, every hour without fail is **bleep**, your server needs the updates not psh areas. And what's with the crap you tell us when we ring up and explain we are having problems with the playstation I.E trying to redeem codes and it says an error has occurred or not letting us use our credit card on our account, you tell people it's their fault when it's not, millions of people all around the world are having the same problems so how can it be our fault. You guys need to take responsibility for when it's your stuff up and stop blaming it on everyone else. NEVER had these problems with microsoft and if something doesn't change I'll be tempted to take my services to them and let everyone else know if they can't decide between xbox or ps to go xbox

You are no Dragonborn Faas Ru Maar.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 25 of 46 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jun 1, 2013
It's because PS3's online is free. Sony kind of made a mistake by making it free, because it costs a TON of money to run something like that. The PSN will probably be better on PS4 if they charge a subscription fee, like what is rumored.
Message 26 of 46 (120 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Cascadien wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Plus is optional and has nothing to do with the servers. It is free.

i believe his point was, that being a plus member didn't grant him immunity from overloaded servers....or something to that effect?

They still have no point. Nowhere in the Plus service description does it say anything about having different or faster or exclusive servers. Why someone would think such a thing is beyond me.

Message 27 of 46 (115 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13834 posts

Jun 1, 2013

souporman wrote:
It's because PS3's online is free. Sony kind of made a mistake by making it free, because it costs a TON of money to run something like that. The PSN will probably be better on PS4 if they charge a subscription fee, like what is rumored.

Gotta disagree to a point. Nintendo's servers aren't perfect, but they generally run pretty good and are free for gamers to use. There's nothing wrong with a low subscription fee, but if it's one that's too expensive... then I gotta put my foot down. There would be a lot of gamers left out in the cold.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 28 of 46 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 1, 2013

We all have internet we all buy games. Games increased to $60 last gen so new features such as MP could be implemented without loss of profit. The same will happen this year a $10 increase in games to accommodate for inflation and new standard features. Now if the game is more server reliant then yes a sub fee for game can be added but if F2P has shown us anything is that micro-transactions are highly profitable. Look at League of Legend they mostly sell skins that do not even change gameplay for up to $10 (a scam yes). There are many thing that can be done to increase servers quality ads to a limit, a smal fee "PS!" and many other things I am not paid to discover.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 29 of 46 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 3, 2013
this is why i came back to PlayStation i got bored of xbox i dont care about online play along i can put a game on and play it im fine with it
Message 30 of 46 (69 Views)
0 Likes