First Son
4 posts

Re: Sony's AVS, and the frustrations that follow...

Sep 11, 2010

Can we all agree to call Sony customer service and complain every 24 hours?  The number is 800-345-7669.  Press 0 and you'll go to a live person.  We should continue to explain to them that you've followed all their instruction and ask if it could be a problem on their side.  Also, does anyone have a contact at a newspaper, gaming review web site, tv station?  We need to get the word out that this is a 2-year-old problem and that Sony won't even admit it, let alone fix it.

Message 11 of 24 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Sep 11, 2010

Sadly I can see alot of newspapers and the like saying, well if they don't have a good payment system and you can't give them your money.  Then don't, screw em.  Their lose.  Of course, those people don't care that maybe, we want something off the PSN.  I'd figure thats why people usually buy things off it.  

There is a supposed 48 hour lockout that people talk about....24 and 48 hours.  I'm not sure which I got, so I'll guess the 48 hours just to be extra careful.  I'm already half way through it.  I'll call monday if it doesn't get resolved.  It may not get me anywhere, but who knows, maybe it will.  Worth a shot.  Until then, I'm not even going on the PSN store.  I'm not messing with billing addresses or trying to add funds to my wallet.  Just gonna wait it out and hope that I don't turn into one of those people who can NEVER add funds, no matter what, ever again.  Cause there are some people on here who claim that. 

Message 12 of 24 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 11, 2010

That's the weird part. Sony accepts my card but when I try to add funds it says:

"Could not add funds to your wallet."

If the card can't be used to add funds, why accept it, as a valid billing source, in the first place?

Message 13 of 24 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Sep 11, 2010

well thats my problem as well, my card is immediately accepted, so that means they were able to charge $1 (that will basically disappear in a couple days) to prove my card actually works.  yet when I try to add money, I get the funds cannot be added to wallet.  legit situations would be something such as my card's credit limit being reached.  Say I have $20 left on my credit card and I try to add $50 worth of funds, obviously I can't cover that, the card will reject it and thus I'll get the funds cannot be added to my wallet.  That would be normal.  But my card has plenty of credit and works fine everywhere else.  So that tells me there is some issue on the Playstation Network's end. 

Message 14 of 24 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 18, 2010

The worst part is the issue is completely random. At 1pm you can purchase something just fine. Then at 1:05pm, go to make another transaction, and it's completely hosed. Nothing's changed, but the wallet system just decides it doesn't want to function anymore.

Message 15 of 24 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 5, 2010

I just want to thank PCTechNerd (and thank again!) and reiterate how unbelievably stupid Sony is for doing this. And by stupid, I mean pissing of thousands (trillions?) of potential customers AND still losing millions (bajillions?) of dollars. Also: Bump, and obviously my lone MasterCard still won't work.

Edit: My banks says MasterCard is to blame (see my other posts for details). Maybe I owe Sony an apology... MasterCard defintely does.

Message 16 of 24 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2010

Hi,

I've tried 2 master cards and 1 american express. Neither of them work, so the problem is not just at the master card side of things.

And I have succesfully used the first mastercard to add €20 or €30 several times. It has just stopped working now. Last succesful add was in June 2010.

Message 17 of 24 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 2, 2011

Well time to bring this post back to life.................As of the April 1 TOS update none of my credit cards will work anymore.....

Sony is offering nothing more than a generic email for support which does not work.  They only recommend PSN Cards...

I for one am not driving across town to buy a PSN card whenever I get ready to make a PSN purchase.  My card has worked fine for years......Now nothing works.......

I guess corporate greed will backfire on them in this case........They will miss out on the $200 a week I usually spend on PSN.

Message 18 of 24 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Sep 30, 2012

I am  having this problem as well.

Message 19 of 24 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 19, 2014
  • 4 year's later , still the same issue
Message 20 of 24 (157 Views)
0 Likes