I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Re: Sony's 2013 E3 Press Conference finally timed and dated.

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2013
I'll be watching both conferences, but I have really high hopes for the Sony announcement. With the PS4 coming out this year, I'm not really looking for much focus on the PS3. Don't get me wrong, I love my PS3 and will not give it up when the PS4 comes out (far to many great games I still have to play on it), but I'm expecting a heavy emphasis on the PS4 especially and the Vita. I think since those two systems are supposed to be working together (like how the PS3 does with the PSP, only better) they will be the main spotlights of the conference. Of course, the new console will take precedence over the handheld and I think that it should. A brand new device should be given more attention than one that's already out. Also, the new console should most definitely take precedence over the current one.

After all, they want us to buy their new system, so it would be a very bad decision not to have that be their main focal point. I think all of the PS3 games that they show at E3 should also be coming out for the PS4 with a large majority of them being launch titles. I do not think that these launch titles should release on PS3 before the PS4 comes out. My reasoning behind this is simple: people aren't going to buy a new system for a game that they already own on their current system. With this very basic and very true method of thinking, I think that the PS3 versions of these games should either release at the same time as the PS4, or even better a couple of weeks after the PS4 versions are released. This will drive sales of the new system up because people are going to want to play the new games, and having them come out on PS3 after the PS4 versions will get the masses to jump on the PS4 early in order to play the game they want right when it comes out.

I think that this will help push sales of the console, while also showing the devs that the new console does and will make them money.

As for what I'm personally looking forward to, here's the list:

- more info on PS4
- the new Final Fantasy (favorite franchise)
- Destiny (Bungie won very easily my support with Halo 3, now I'm really looking forward to Destiny)
- Killzone Shadowfall (absolutely love Killzone and am currently hooked on it)
- Uncharted 4 (hoping for it)
- New plans for PSN (hoping that it stays free, but if not I will be expecting a discount on the service fee since I'm a PS+ member)
- a highly detailed viewing of the PS4 so that I can visually see how much cooling it has while keeping away from what MS did and having literally half of the system be a fan
- a lack of support for unneeded processes, such as multitasking with the browser
- very minor emphasis on Playstation Eye 2.0
- very minor emphasis on Move with PS4
- Some new fighting games
- Maybe a new Motorstorm that is similar to the original
- Action/adventure games that aren't God of War type
- The return of Crash Bandicoot (wishful thinking, but will probably always be a hope that I have)
- Some great platformers (I love a good platformer when I can find one. Trouble is that there aren't a whole lot of them since shooters got popular)
- a unique puzzle game or two (Catherine and Closure were epically good and gave me a good change up from the norm)
- some new indie games, but mostly AAA games
- no DRM and allowing me to take my games to my friend's to play for a little bit and then bring it back home with me (as in not blocking used/borrowed/rented games)
My PSN
Message 21 of 34 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Jun 10, 2013
let the console wars begin
Message 22 of 34 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Jun 10, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

At this point Sony needs to do more than show just some Vita love. The system is flopping bad sales wise~.

Agree here , some love will not help the vita, Sony need to do more then that .

Message 23 of 34 (81 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Will it be on a tv station?

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 24 of 34 (78 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31255 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2013

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:
Will it be on a tv station?

No. You can watch the stream from the blog though. 

You can also watch from PS Home or your Vita. 

Message 25 of 34 (75 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Where can i watch it on my vita?

Message 26 of 34 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15356 posts

Jun 10, 2013

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:

The Nico Nico App.

Use Bing next time.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 27 of 34 (65 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31255 posts

Jun 10, 2013

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:

The Nico Nico video app

Message 28 of 34 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jun 10, 2013
oh..that app...

Message 29 of 34 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jun 10, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:

The Nico Nico App.

Use Bing next time.

Dude, bing is a search engine. your real people. Sorry that I was on this site already and just felt like asking. my bad.

Message 30 of 34 (49 Views)
0 Likes