First Son
21 posts

Re: Sony ruins thousands of PSN accounts

Jun 14, 2011

Nowhere will it let you change your country? I mean, people "move", so they should let you update that. I'd hassle them until they did something to help you. Or they could change your country to a supported one. That sounds extremely lame and I am sorry for you that they're not helping. I just don't think it would be hard for Sony to go into their computer and it change for you. Tell them you moved and you're having trouble updating the new country. Worth a shot to keep 3 years worth of gaming. Man, I'd be SOOOOO mad. Good luck!

Message 21 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jun 14, 2011

MRSMCENTIRE wrote:

Nowhere will it let you change your country? I mean, people "move", so they should let you update that. I'd hassle them until they did something to help you. Or they could change your country to a supported one. That sounds extremely lame and I am sorry for you that they're not helping. I just don't think it would be hard for Sony to go into their computer and it change for you. Tell them you moved and you're having trouble updating the new country. Worth a shot to keep 3 years worth of gaming. Man, I'd be SOOOOO mad. Good luck!

No, you cannot change your region.  I understand people move, but with the way they restrict certain content to certain regions, if you changed your region then some of your content may have to stop working, the way Sony goes about things.

So, move regions, create new PSN Account with new region info.

Message 22 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Jun 15, 2011

Solar is 100% correct... while it sux, the underlying reason is they do NOT insist all items must be multi-region. If you license something ONLY to NA, Asian or European users have no access to it.

So it's more of a business policy than a technical one.

While it technically violates the ToS, MANY folks have accounts in various regions. And those who do travel around realize that there is an awful lot of "regionality" around... there are some amazing public Home spaces in Japan that we'll simply never see here in NA. Sony calls themselves a global company, but in fact seem to be one that keeps the regions it's operates in walled off from each other.

0 Likes