Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 12 2008
By: ssjTiamat Hekseville Citizen 219 posts

Sony, please fix the 80022d11 error - Games are unplayable

507 replies 886 views Edited Nov 12, 2008

This thread is aimed at bringing more attention to the now infamous 80022d11 error. For those who are not aware of this error, you may soon experience it first hand. Basically after having a few hours to a couple of days of uninterrupted gaming you go to load your save game for your next gaming session. When all of a sudden the error pops up stating that the save file was "created by another user" and you will have to either start over, or the system will alert you that a trophy sync is in need. However, upon attempting to sync your trophies you are again unable to complete this task as the system will return an error after getting anywhere from 2% to 25% done. This error tells you that the sync operation cannot be completed.

On the surface it may seem harmless enough. However, the issue here is that your game that you wanted to play is requiring you to start over from the very begining. Or in some cases you are unable to start the game entirely. Personaly, the only game I have that makes use of the trophy system is Resistance 2. And I can play it, however I need to start my game over (after I was about 3/4 of the way through single player). I do not want to even attempt this yet as I am afraid the same error will occur again, forcing me to repeat the process over and over again.

Some people out there have suggested that deleting and re-creating your user id will solve the problem. However, I believe this to be only a temporary fix. Because whatever has caused the error in the first place will most likely occur again. And how many times should we be forced to re-creat our user profile and lose ALL our saves in the process?

I firmly believe this error is directly related to the trophy system because all the posts I have read regarding this problem are centered around games that utilize the trophy system. And it all started after the most recent updates. Plus none of my other games (games that do not use the trophies) are affected. And it is the same for others as well.

So I am asking. First for some acknowledgement from someone at Sony that they are aware of the issue. Secondly for a forthcoming solution. Sony cannot and should not try to push this off on specific game developers as the games causing the issues (or whatever it is) are all sSony products. Therefore this is a Sony responsibility. Furthermore, because this error is causing games to become wholey unplayable I believe this error should be of top priority to get dealt with. Right up there with systems bricking and so forth. Why would I or anyone else want to shell out $60 for ANY game not knowing if it will even be playable. And even if I can "play" the game (like I can with Resistance 2) why would I even want to when everything I accomplish is single player will just be wiped out every time this error occurs?

This is utterly ridiculous. And it has been happening for about a week now as far as I can tell (maybe a bit longer). And we have not heard a word from anyone with any authority. You and I both know they have at least someone perusing the boards here and there. So lets hear it. Where is our response. I have touted the PS3 as the "holy grail" of gaming consoles for over a year now and I really do not want to satrt rethinking my devotion.

I would like to hear some comments from others. Even if you just to chime in and let us know you have the problem too. Anything to let Sony know how widespread this issue is. But please, no flamming. Lets all keep this mature. If you have critisism fine. But lets keep the maturity level in the thread intact. Please.

Thanks for listening. More to come.

ssjTiamat

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 508 (886 Views)
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Re: Sony, please fix the 80022d11 error - Games are unplayable

Nov 12, 2008
i didnt even read the whole thing but looking at the first paragraph get a new harddrive
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 508 (886 Views)
Fender Bender
3877 posts

Nov 12, 2008

KufiSmacker wrote:
i didnt even read the whole thing but looking at the first paragraph get a new harddrive

It has nothing to do with the HDD. I had the same problem with LBP.  I tried formatting the drive starting over new, putting in my original PS3 HDD and everything else I could think of and it still wouldn't work if I used the same PSN ID to play the game.  The only way to fix it and get it to work is to use a different PS3 or use a different PSN ID which is all BS. 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 508 (886 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
219 posts

Nov 12, 2008
HDD has nothing to do with it. Nor does re-formatting the current HDD as I have heard a couple people have done. It is corrupt code soemwhere in the trophy system for saving info from the game as a trophy is earned or something. Then that corrupted data seems to do the same to the save file. Trust me, this is a problem that will be infecting more users everyday until it is fixed.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 508 (886 Views)
First Son
28 posts

Nov 12, 2008
Im having this problem 2 ever since 4pm eastern time Nov 10th. i have 21 games that have trophies which wont work. i just got motorstorm pacific rift on the 9th and now i cant play it. this is insane i spent money on something i cant use. Please Sony let somebody know whats happening.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 508 (886 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
219 posts

Nov 12, 2008

Thanks to those who replied. But I find it hard to believe that there are only a handful of people with this issue. C'mon guys, lets hear your angst towards what is most definetely a fixable problem that should be being addressed.

Wow MILFmeister85....21 games that you cannot play.. that is an error worthy of fixing in anyones book. I sincerely hope these requests are not ignored. Sending Sony a well thought out, well written, professional letter (eh, email) tomorrow. Those interested to have a copy just send me a pm and I will shoot ya a copy.

ssj

Message Edited by ssjtiamat on 11-11-2008 08:37 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 508 (886 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Nov 12, 2008
I'll chime in......I got it too, LBP says i am usiing someone else's save data, which I am NOT, and Wipeout HD wont even load up! Keep it going guys, this needs to be heard!!!
TALONTSx
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 508 (886 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
219 posts

Nov 12, 2008

So I finally tried to play Resistance 2. First time since the error a few days ago. Of course single player is out (will have to start from the begining), so I played online. Now this is wierd. All my stats appeared to be gone. OK... kinda figured that would happen. However, after I played a round I looked at the leaderboard stats and my original stats were there, however my characters level still appeared to be starting from scratch. I understand that the stats are held on a server which loads the stats for me as I log in, but how come I can access those stats without fail, yet my system cannot register that I am myself when attempting to load the single player saved game?

And since the game thinks the saced game does not belong to me (due to the error), what happens should I just start a single player campaign all over again? I did not make a new PS3 user id...

Im just confusing myself. FIX IT SONY.

Still writing the letter tomorrow. See what happens.

Who else has gotten this error over the last week or so, Lets see a show of hands. Sony NEEDS to know.

(damn these late night half thought out posts)

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 508 (886 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
219 posts

Nov 12, 2008

Work has kept me pretty busy today, so needless to say I have yet to draft that letter to Sony. Not like I actually expect anything to come from it. But it will make me feel better. And judging from the lack of permiable interest in this thread, either there are only 5 people with this error (highly doubt that) or no-one cares how potentially damaging this error can be to all your hard work into completeing games not to mention being able to play them period.

Hopefully people will start to take notince...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 508 (886 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
440 posts

Nov 13, 2008

I called Sony on this error, more and more people are getting it and nothing is being done. I can no longer play certain trophy enabled games and I cannot acquire any more trophies under my main user account.

This is terrible.

In The End There Will Only Be ...Chaos.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 508 (886 Views)