May 26 2012
By: YogurtStorm I Only Post Everything 993 posts

Sony patents tech that interrupts gameplay with ADS

2 replies 17 views Edited May 26, 2012

THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN.

http://www.qj.net/images/stories/PS3/LBP2/sonad2.jpg

That is already WHY i don't watch any television. I can't stand ads. I pay for Netflix so i can stay AD-FREE with my TV! How DARE they even THINK of implementing this into our games!?

Don't believe me? Here's what the patent reads:

“A method for use in advertising includes initiating playing of interactive content, suspending playing of the interactive content, displaying an advertisement, and resuming playing of the interactive content.”

If this happens in ANY form on ANY console, I will hop to another side. I don't need ads polluting my games.

Message 1 of 3 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Re: Sony patents tech that interrupts gameplay with ADS

May 26, 2012

I myself find it very doubtful I'll be purchasing the new Xbox or Wii. If this happens to the PS3, I know for a fact I will make the switch.

Message 2 of 3 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: Sony patents tech that interrupts gameplay with ADS

May 27, 2012

Just because there is a patent for it, does not mean its going to happen.

There are MANY patents Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft have created/filed and never implemented.

One to note is Sony's filing for an add-on device for backwards compatibility...... and that was 2-3 years ago.

This is a smart-ish move for Sony as they report losses and expect more losses.

If anyone else was going to implement such a thing, they would have to pay Sony millions upon millions to even have the license to use it.

Microsoft already puts ad's in their operating system GUI and its annoying.

scan for many many patents and you'll see lots of them that never even went past putting pen to paper. most of them simply made by people who expect to get rich quick by selling the patent.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 3 (17 Views)
0 Likes