Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 01 2013
By: Beastingonu247 First Son 18 posts

Sony needs more exclusives with or near PS4 launch

[ Edited ]
31 replies 515 views Edited Apr 1, 2013

I don't think Killzone and Infamous are going to cut it, and with every new multiplat game this fall coming to PS3, people will not see a reason to buy PS4 unless you're a hardcore, I can guarantee you this. Even me a hardcore is contemplating squeezing another year out of my PS3.

I know eventually Sony will start releasing more exclusives like Gran Turismo, Uncharted, LBP, Socom, Rathcet and clank whatever..But when?

Does anyone see a potential Wii-u like problem here?

Message 1 of 32 (515 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12342 posts

Re: Sony needs more exclusives with or near launch

Apr 1, 2013

Beastingonu247 wrote:

I don't think Killzone and Infamous are going to cut it, and with every new multiplat game this fall coming to PS3, people will not see a reason to buy PS4 unless you're a hardcore, I can guarantee you this. Even me a hardcore is contemplating squeezing another year out of my PS3.

I know eventually Sony will start releasing more exclusives like Gran Turismo, Uncharted, LBP, Socom, Rathcet and clank whatever..But when?

Does anyone see a potential Wii-u like problem here?

Er, don't you mean a potential EVERY CONSOLE LAUNCH problem here?

You can't just put out all your exclusives ALL at once.

1. Games take time and money. Can't just shove titles out the door to "please the customers"

2. Doing the above results in very sub-par quality of games, which doesn't help either.

Every console starts off slow.

3DS had the same issue (didn't even launch with a Mario game)

PS Vita had same issue (And is still having the issue, at least stateside)

I believe the PS3 had a similar issue (though high price point also figured into it, plus its 1 year delay vs Xbox 360)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 32 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Re: Sony needs more exclusives with or near PS4 launch

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2013

People will still buy a PS4, they will simply just keep their PS3 and play the up coming games on that until the PS4 gets good releases in the future.

A lot of people are going to squeeze another year out of their PS3, even 2-3 years, not because the PS4 isn't going to be nice, but because they simply don't have the money for it. I had my PS2 up until 2011, when I finally got a PS3.

I don't see many exclusives until the PS4 hits, except for a few, like the Last of Us for example. No, I don't, the PS4 is much more advanced than anything done by Nintendo, including if you put the Wii-u and the Wii and Gamecube and mashed them together. We will just have to wait and see what Sony does.

I, on the other hand, see a good future for Sony, and, dare I say it on this forum, for Microsoft as well. Nintendo honeslty isn't impressing anyone anymore...they did, in the 90's, but they are heavily behind in technology compared to Sony and Microsoft.

Edit: Oh, thats what he meant...then yes, it will, PS3 has the same problem.  Everyone was buying the 360 off at first because it took time for the PS3 to get any worthwhile games, but then again, 600$ is a lot to spend on a system with barely any good games at all. The PS4 may sell better due to it being released before the next xbox, and it being much lower in price than the PS3 at launch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 32 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
507 posts

Apr 1, 2013
They haven't even announced a lot of the games yet. Give it more time before just assuming the games from the ps4 announcement are the only games releasing with the console. Have you even seen that list of devs/publishers already working on ps4 games?

Message 4 of 32 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Apr 1, 2013
actually they dont, 2 first party exclusives are fine. save them. look at the vita, it had 22 games, and there were so many, people bought few
Message 5 of 32 (469 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25205 posts

Apr 1, 2013

I know that the popular gamer idea is to release every single triple A title you have on launch day. However you don't push all your chips to the front of the table on the first hand.

Message 6 of 32 (458 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Of course not...it takes time to learn a new system, naughty dog said it themselves, its exciting, but it takes a lot of time to fully learn a new system, from top to bottom.

When they released Uncharted, they didn't use the PS3's full potential, because they didn't know how powerful the PS3 really was, and what could really be done. Then they released Uncharted 3 and saw what could be done on the system. Same with the PS4, it will take time for the devs to truly learn about the new system, for the REALLY good games to start coming in.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 32 (451 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25205 posts

Apr 1, 2013

More importantly, you don't want to release a killer game for a system that nobody has.

Message 8 of 32 (445 Views)
Welcoming Committee
11967 posts

Apr 1, 2013

I don't know if I'll get the PS4. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 will take me at least a month to complete and  two months until I get bored with it.  :smileytongue:

Isn't it early to discuss this? Last time I checked, we're in Spring. It's better to worry around Summer time.

Message 9 of 32 (438 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

I wouldn't worry one bit. Playstation 4 will be a blast. Just wait and see. Besides, I think having a new inFamous and Killzone is an awesome starter already, but there ARE other ones. Just look it up on the net, though I highly suggest using IGN. You know, there is more to the Playstation 4 than you might realize. Personally, I believe it will take the spot light for years to come. 

Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Edit
Message 10 of 32 (417 Views)