Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black, I have to admire your ability to twist events to make sony look good.

Until 2 weeks before launch, everybody expected those features to be a part of the PS4.  No one even questioned it and sony never lead us to think any differently.

Sony dropped that on its customers, an announcement that no one expected.  Sony chose to keep its customers in the dark until the last minute to try and suck in as much preorder money as possible and keep its untarnished image (as compared to microsofts) in tact.  We were suckered.

Twist events? Sony did anounce it 2 weeks prior and any one who changed there mind could cancel there pre order. That money wasnt gaurenteed to sony till you picked up your system in the first place.  As stated. Sony from day one pointed it out as a gaming machine not a media machine.

So are you saying that because sony said that this was to be a "Gaming" console, it was implying that it would remove DNLA support, MP3 support, CD support, 3D Blu-ray support?

We (The consumer) should have expected sony to jip is?

Sony did not Jip you at all. They offered a machine that was made to play games  and it does that very well. Now if Sony said yeah were doing this or that with media and then canceled it. Thats one thing but Sony told us what it did and didnt do out of the box. If you didnt like it you had time still to cancel your pre order. They CLEARLY said it was a gaming machine not media.

Black, bro, I know you are smarter then this.  You completely ignore my point in an attempt to validate you're own.  You can't just cover you're eyes and pretend something didn't happen when it doesn't fit you're story.

Yes, Sony did say that the PS4 was a gaming machine, but they didn't say it wouldn't have media capibilities like the PS3.  And Black, you can fanboy out as much as you want, but not even you suspected otherwise until the announcement.  They left that little tidbit of info out until the last minute.  Thats the problem.  Since those media features were a part of the PS3, it was assumed that they would be a part of the PS4.  I mean seriously, why wouldn't you think that? And sony didn't say otherwise.

Sony left its customers assuming those features were to be included up until the last minute.  They took us for fools and they were "Shocked" when they made the announcement and had to deal with the backlash.

No offense, and I agree with you here, but thats why you should never assume anything (you know what they say about making assumptions?). Companies do this type of crap all the time, they never give you the full story on things. Its important in this day and age to do your own research and not go off the tid bits the actual company gives you.

Agreed, but the problem is there was no research to do.  Sony kept this to themselves until the last minute and then dropped this on us.  They basically lied to us.  Telling us at E3 would kill their momentum they had gained from M$ shooting itself in the foot, so they kept it from us until 2 weeks before launch.

And again Sony annouced it. Pure and simple. Clear as these words are they announced no media on the system. How hard is that to understand. If anyone asumes other wie. Well there issue. Again as said 3 or 4 times never asume anything. 

^^^^Right there as stated by many over and over again.

"We are focusing on getting BACK to gaming"

That says it all right there. It does not say we are continuing on creating a whole home media center. It does not say we are going to incorporated any feature set found in the PS3 (other than GAMES). It says they are more interested in a GAMING console!

Your TV can be your media center now. Your PHONE can be your media center now. Your tablet, laptop, PS3 (novel idea) can be your media center.

Oh wait that makes to much sense. Continue to whine about how you got ripped off because you cannot read or assume whatever your little mind can make up.

Dude are you sure your not black in another name... lol

You stated that sony is back to playing games for their console. If thats the case where are they? 7 years in console development and where are the games. Matter of fact where are the games with MP?

Lastly I like what you stated that your tv can be your media center, or phone etc.. Then my question to you is why sony offer as a reward, (sort of) indie games instead of AAA titles? All to entice gamers to pay for online. This is bull since you can play these same games on any other media device? SO where is the advantage to paying for online MP and psn +?

Message 81 of 116 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6968 posts

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 9, 2014

uh--oh wrote:

You stated that sony is back to playing games for their console. If thats the case where are they? 7 years in console development and where are the games. Matter of fact where are the games with MP?

Lastly I like what you stated that your tv can be your media center, or phone etc.. Then my question to you is why sony offer as a reward, (sort of) indie games instead of AAA titles? All to entice gamers to pay for online. This is bull since you can play these same games on any other media device? SO where is the advantage to paying for online MP and psn +?

I have 1 name, unlike you.  I don't hide under other names to "like" my other posts or act like someone is trying to defend me. ***cough cough***

6 months in to the life cycle and I have a few games that I like to play. It isn't all on Sony either to push out the games and games have a better turn around on the PS4 as opposed to having to code for the Cell CPU so we should start seeing more in the near future. But keep trying to create "issues" with the PS4 because I surely see MS pumping AAA titles every week now...oh wait no they have less or similar. ooops.

You think we pay for PS+ for Indies? That is just a perk of having PS+ and a nice one with a few of the games that are available.

I have ALWAYS stated I would gladly pay for online play IF it meant better performance and a policing system. Ever since Socom 1 I have ALWAYS wanted some sort of accountability for players who break/skirt the rules and if having to pay for PS+ gets me there I have NO issues! But again you cannot see the broader picture nor do you understand the costs that it takes to create, maintain and update systems as large as what it would take for the PSN.

What kills me is that you have ALL of these issues with Sony but no issues with Activision/EA or other devs that are micro transactioning the players for every little penny they can and each itteration of COD is basically a new map pack and perk pack but yet pay $60 for a "new game" and another $50 for the one year lifecycle of map packs and other DLC. But I bet you blame Sony for that too.

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 82 of 116 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jun 9, 2014

uh--oh wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black, I have to admire your ability to twist events to make sony look good.

Until 2 weeks before launch, everybody expected those features to be a part of the PS4.  No one even questioned it and sony never lead us to think any differently.

Sony dropped that on its customers, an announcement that no one expected.  Sony chose to keep its customers in the dark until the last minute to try and suck in as much preorder money as possible and keep its untarnished image (as compared to microsofts) in tact.  We were suckered.

Twist events? Sony did anounce it 2 weeks prior and any one who changed there mind could cancel there pre order. That money wasnt gaurenteed to sony till you picked up your system in the first place.  As stated. Sony from day one pointed it out as a gaming machine not a media machine.

So are you saying that because sony said that this was to be a "Gaming" console, it was implying that it would remove DNLA support, MP3 support, CD support, 3D Blu-ray support?

We (The consumer) should have expected sony to jip is?

Sony did not Jip you at all. They offered a machine that was made to play games  and it does that very well. Now if Sony said yeah were doing this or that with media and then canceled it. Thats one thing but Sony told us what it did and didnt do out of the box. If you didnt like it you had time still to cancel your pre order. They CLEARLY said it was a gaming machine not media.

Black, bro, I know you are smarter then this.  You completely ignore my point in an attempt to validate you're own.  You can't just cover you're eyes and pretend something didn't happen when it doesn't fit you're story.

Yes, Sony did say that the PS4 was a gaming machine, but they didn't say it wouldn't have media capibilities like the PS3.  And Black, you can fanboy out as much as you want, but not even you suspected otherwise until the announcement.  They left that little tidbit of info out until the last minute.  Thats the problem.  Since those media features were a part of the PS3, it was assumed that they would be a part of the PS4.  I mean seriously, why wouldn't you think that? And sony didn't say otherwise.

Sony left its customers assuming those features were to be included up until the last minute.  They took us for fools and they were "Shocked" when they made the announcement and had to deal with the backlash.

No offense, and I agree with you here, but thats why you should never assume anything (you know what they say about making assumptions?). Companies do this type of crap all the time, they never give you the full story on things. Its important in this day and age to do your own research and not go off the tid bits the actual company gives you.

Agreed, but the problem is there was no research to do.  Sony kept this to themselves until the last minute and then dropped this on us.  They basically lied to us.  Telling us at E3 would kill their momentum they had gained from M$ shooting itself in the foot, so they kept it from us until 2 weeks before launch.

And again Sony annouced it. Pure and simple. Clear as these words are they announced no media on the system. How hard is that to understand. If anyone asumes other wie. Well there issue. Again as said 3 or 4 times never asume anything. 

^^^^Right there as stated by many over and over again.

"We are focusing on getting BACK to gaming"

That says it all right there. It does not say we are continuing on creating a whole home media center. It does not say we are going to incorporated any feature set found in the PS3 (other than GAMES). It says they are more interested in a GAMING console!

Your TV can be your media center now. Your PHONE can be your media center now. Your tablet, laptop, PS3 (novel idea) can be your media center.

Oh wait that makes to much sense. Continue to whine about how you got ripped off because you cannot read or assume whatever your little mind can make up.

Yes Uh-Oh I dont need to make fake accounts to back up what I post and what I say. I dont need to use ALTS to make me look better or to agree with me at alll.As said before and again and again. Sony clearly in the launch videos said they were going after gaming not Media. Re watch the release video last winter/spring. Thn last E3 videos . Rewatch them they say it right in these videos where there going no questions asked. Thinking any other wise after seeing these vides or saying "Ohh it will have ths or that" after seeing these vidoes is pure asuming. You know  how that word work.

Message 83 of 116 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jun 9, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

I have 1 name, unlike you.  I don't hide under other names to "like" my other posts or act like someone is trying to defend me. ***cough cough***

6 months in to the life cycle and I have a few games that I like to play. It isn't all on Sony either to push out the games and games have a better turn around on the PS4 as opposed to having to code for the Cell CPU so we should start seeing more in the near future. But keep trying to create "issues" with the PS4 because I surely see MS pumping AAA titles every week now...oh wait no they have less or similar. ooops.

You think we pay for PS+ for Indies? That is just a perk of having PS+ and a nice one with a few of the games that are available.

I have ALWAYS stated I would gladly pay for online play IF it meant better performance and a policing system. Ever since Socom 1 I have ALWAYS wanted some sort of accountability for players who break/skirt the rules and if having to pay for PS+ gets me there I have NO issues! But again you cannot see the broader picture nor do you understand the costs that it takes to create, maintain and update systems as large as what it would take for the PSN.

What kills me is that you have ALL of these issues with Sony but no issues with Activision/EA or other devs that are micro transactioning the players for every little penny they can and each itteration of COD is basically a new map pack and perk pack but yet pay $60 for a "new game" and another $50 for the one year lifecycle of map packs and other DLC. But I bet you blame Sony for that too.

That i even agree 100% more. Devs with yearly relseases. Meeaning the game dont chage all that much. We let them nicke and dime us for every tinly little dlc. Want a cool looking gun $2. Ohh ya ned a pet next to  you $2 you want maps $9 want your guy to be orange 2$ I think i got the point across and yet no one complains about this. The people who are here trying to quote making gaming beter with there posts unquote dont even go down that road or go near the Devs. One here only blames Sony. Seeing this problem is on all Consoles and PC. He still says its Sonys fault nomatter what.

Message 84 of 116 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jun 9, 2014

Sony mis-led us.  In many ways.

Sony had established a precedent with the PlayStation line by making every new generation console have the same features and abilities of its predecessor at launch.  Three console generations of the precedent cemented this expectation in the minds of consumers.

Sony was very much aware of this, they choose to say nothing to dispel this known expectation, that they themselves established, in their product line until it was absolutely legally necessary.

In fact, they went even further to confuse and keep this expectation alive during the PS4 announcement Press Conference earlier last year.  When showing a picture of the various media services such as Netflix and the like, they stated in a very off the cuff, yet strategically nonspecific way that the PS4 would of course have all the media and content options that the PlayStation brand has become known for, or words to that effect.  Look it up.

Did it say that it had MP3 and DLNA specifically?  No.  Was the statement crafted to reinforce an expectation that their own console history had set?  Your dam skippy it was.

Then when it was legally imperative that they make some kind clarification, they announce that it didn’t have these features.  Hoping it wouldn’t halt the momentum they had built.  And when there was a larger than anticipated reaction, they quelled it by saying they would look into bringing those missing features in the future.  Thus saving precious pre orders from those who believed that Sony would make good on this statement.

Well, it’s been over half a year since that statement was made.  And those of us who kept their pre orders thinking Sony would be right on this are getting a little miffed.  Over Half a year, and no headway on any of these features.  Sony pulled the wool over our eyes at the announce press conference, and they just did it again two weeks before launch, and they did it intentionally, with full knowledge of what it would mean to prospective consumers.

So yes.  I think we have a right to be a little upset here.

Be One With The Game.

Message 85 of 116 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2014

The-Sarge wrote:

Sony mis-led us.  In many ways.

Sony had established a precedent with the PlayStation line by making every new generation console have the same features and abilities of its predecessor at launch.  Three console generations of the precedent cemented this expectation in the minds of consumers.

Sony was very much aware of this, they choose to say nothing to dispel this known expectation, that they themselves established, in their product line until it was absolutely legally necessary.

In fact, they went even further to confuse and keep this expectation alive during the PS4 announcement Press Conference earlier last year.  When showing a picture of the various media services such as Netflix and the like, they stated in a very off the cuff, yet strategically nonspecific way that the PS4 would of course have all the media and content options that the PlayStation brand has become known for, or words to that effect.  Look it up.

Did it say that it had MP3 and DLNA specifically?  No.  Was the statement crafted to reinforce an expectation that their own console history had set?  Your dam skippy it was.

Then when it was legally imperative that they make some kind clarification, they announce that it didn’t have these features.  Hoping it wouldn’t halt the momentum they had built.  And when there was a larger than anticipated reaction, they quelled it by saying they would look into bringing those missing features in the future.  Thus saving precious pre orders from those who believed that Sony would make good on this statement.

Well, it’s been over half a year since that statement was made.  And those of us who kept their pre orders thinking Sony would be right on this are getting a little miffed.  Over Half a year, and no headway on any of these features.  Sony pulled the wool over our eyes at the announce press conference, and they just did it again two weeks before launch, and they did it intentionally, with full knowledge of what it would mean to prospective consumers.

So yes.  I think we have a right to be a little upset here.

They  mislead no one. you asumed PS4 had this and had that when Sony never ever said it did. Go back to the inital video Last winter/Spring. Then E3 video. Nothing was said about media at all. Nothing. You just asumed the last console did this and that that this console would stay the same. I agree with you If Sony said we will try to add this before and launch and then didnt. But Sony never said that. They said they were focused on gaming this time and thats that. So they made a gaming machine as they did both tell us about and advertise. How hard is it to understand this. Sony didnt mislead anyone. No media 3D or nothing was even mentioned. Everyone asumed it just be there. 2 weeks before launch. Sony said it wouldnt be. If you asumed it would be after Sony said it wouldnt be. Is really your isue and no one else/ Sony said it wouldnt be in there.

Message 86 of 116 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:
Go back to the inital video Last winter/Spring. Then E3 video. Nothing was said about media at all.

Yes it was.  I just watched the the PS4 announcment video again.

David Perry said, "Of course the PlayStation Network, and the PS4 will provide access to a vast array of other forms of entertainment, beyond gaming.  PlayStation gamers love all forms of entertainment including watching movies, watching TV shows and listening to music."

He later went on to say that more specifics of which would be released later in the year.  Later in the year wound up being two weeks before launch and over 5 months after pre orders were made available.

This statement is non specific, and nebulous, yet was precisely worded this way to play into consumer expectations based on the precedent the company had set, without actually stating anything.

Corporate weasel words, designed to imply a result, without being legally responsible for delivering that result.

Be One With The Game.

Message 87 of 116 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6968 posts

Jun 9, 2014

The-Sarge wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:
Go back to the inital video Last winter/Spring. Then E3 video. Nothing was said about media at all.

David Perry said, "Of course the PlayStation Network, and the PS4 will provide access to a vast array of other forms of entertainment, beyond gaming.  PlayStation gamers love all forms of entertainment including watching movies, watching TV shows and listening to music."

He later went on to say that more specifics of which would be released later in the year.  Later in the year wound up being two weeks before launch and over 5 months after pre orders were made available.

This statement is non specific, and nebulous, yet was precisely worded this way to play into consumer expectations based on the precedent the company had set, without actually stating anything.

Corporate weasel words, designed to imply a result, without being legally responsible for delivering that result.

So I guess Netflix, Hulu, Music Unlimited, Redbox, Amazon, NBA, MLB, NHL, Vidzone, Video Unlimited, WWE, IGN, Epix, Crackle and a few others don't count?

From now on they should be 10000% specific so YOU don't get misled again. I will let them no to make a note of that.

Then why are you here? If that is what you think then leave, go to another console/form of entertainment that has nats **bleep** level of specific that will make you happy. For crying out loud that is beyond unreasonable!

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

Message 88 of 116 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jun 9, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

So I guess Netflix, Hulu, Music Unlimited, Redbox, Amazon, NBA, MLB, NHL, Vidzone, Video Unlimited, WWE, IGN, Epix, Crackle and a few others don't count?

From now on they should be 10000% specific so YOU don't get misled again. I will let them no to make a note of that.

Then why are you here? If that is what you think then leave, go to another console/form of entertainment that has nats **bleep** level of specific that will make you happy. For crying out loud that is beyond unreasonable!

I will dismiss any advice from someone who doesn't even know that firing someone for something they posted on a forum, unrelated to their employer or disparaging to their employers intersts, is legally actionable in any state.

And you're a supposed manager of a multi million dollar company huh?  You should know this then.

Nice try.

Be One With The Game.

Message 89 of 116 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6968 posts

Jun 9, 2014

The-Sarge wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

I will dismiss any advice from someone who doesn't even know that firing someone for something they posted on a forum, unrelated to their employer or disparaging to their employers intersts, is legally actionable in any state.

And you're a supposed manager of a multi million dollar company huh?  You should know this then.

Nice try.

Yeah and organizations don't use Facebook as a reference.

And your reading comprehension sucks so yeah maybe you should understand what you are talking about before making a comment.

Message 90 of 116 (128 Views)