Uncharted Territory
1549 posts

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Res-R-Rex wrote:

Sicarius-Magnus wrote:

45 years in this business... is that enough technology savvy for ya?

OOObviously for you it still isn't enough. Soooooooo, "if" you have 45 years in this business, that makes you what, about 75, unless you are a prodigy, which I highly doubt.

That would make him 30 when he started, people start way earlier in life than 30 years old. More like 23-25...

I was born in '63 that makes me 50.  So for me to have 45 years in a buisness I would have had to start when I was 5, not possible. So for him to have 45 years in the buisness, and start between 23-25  he would have been born around 1946. Don't think this tech was around. Now it is possible he has 45 years in the business, but if he can't do some research to find out what the PS4 does, then he hasn't learned much. That was all I was saying. 

Message 71 of 116 (231 Views)
Gaming Beast
2039 posts

Jun 8, 2014

At 43 years you would add 18 to20 years for then because that would be collage age to start. which would make hem 63 to 65 years old. And with teck. back then it would take collage to get into it. 

If I remember right most computor work was punch key teck. then. I think that is what they called it or something like it.

Computor teck. was very primitive then. But upcoming.

Message 72 of 116 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
614 posts

Jun 8, 2014

docshady wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black, I have to admire your ability to twist events to make sony look good.

Until 2 weeks before launch, everybody expected those features to be a part of the PS4.  No one even questioned it and sony never lead us to think any differently.

Sony dropped that on its customers, an announcement that no one expected.  Sony chose to keep its customers in the dark until the last minute to try and suck in as much preorder money as possible and keep its untarnished image (as compared to microsofts) in tact.  We were suckered.

Twist events? Sony did anounce it 2 weeks prior and any one who changed there mind could cancel there pre order. That money wasnt gaurenteed to sony till you picked up your system in the first place.  As stated. Sony from day one pointed it out as a gaming machine not a media machine.

So are you saying that because sony said that this was to be a "Gaming" console, it was implying that it would remove DNLA support, MP3 support, CD support, 3D Blu-ray support?

We (The consumer) should have expected sony to jip is?

Sony did not Jip you at all. They offered a machine that was made to play games  and it does that very well. Now if Sony said yeah were doing this or that with media and then canceled it. Thats one thing but Sony told us what it did and didnt do out of the box. If you didnt like it you had time still to cancel your pre order. They CLEARLY said it was a gaming machine not media.

Black, bro, I know you are smarter then this.  You completely ignore my point in an attempt to validate you're own.  You can't just cover you're eyes and pretend something didn't happen when it doesn't fit you're story.

Yes, Sony did say that the PS4 was a gaming machine, but they didn't say it wouldn't have media capibilities like the PS3.  And Black, you can fanboy out as much as you want, but not even you suspected otherwise until the announcement.  They left that little tidbit of info out until the last minute.  Thats the problem.  Since those media features were a part of the PS3, it was assumed that they would be a part of the PS4.  I mean seriously, why wouldn't you think that? And sony didn't say otherwise.

Sony left its customers assuming those features were to be included up until the last minute.  They took us for fools and they were "Shocked" when they made the announcement and had to deal with the backlash.

No offense, and I agree with you here, but thats why you should never assume anything (you know what they say about making assumptions?). Companies do this type of crap all the time, they never give you the full story on things. Its important in this day and age to do your own research and not go off the tid bits the actual company gives you.

Agreed, but the problem is there was no research to do.  Sony kept this to themselves until the last minute and then dropped this on us.  They basically lied to us.  Telling us at E3 would kill their momentum they had gained from M$ shooting itself in the foot, so they kept it from us until 2 weeks before launch.

You're trying a bit hard here. If they don't say it does something, assume it doesn't do it. That simple. Doesn't matter what a previous iteration of the PlayStation brand did by the end of its life-cycle, technologies change and some features aren't going to be around forever.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 73 of 116 (204 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jun 8, 2014

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Until 2 weeks before launch, everybody expected those features to be a part of the PS4.  No one even questioned it and sony never lead us to think any differently.

Sony dropped that on its customers, an announcement that no one expected.  Sony chose to keep its customers in the dark until the last minute to try and suck in as much preorder money as possible and keep its untarnished image (as compared to microsofts) in tact.  We were suckered.

Twist events? Sony did anounce it 2 weeks prior and any one who changed there mind could cancel there pre order. That money wasnt gaurenteed to sony till you picked up your system in the first place.  As stated. Sony from day one pointed it out as a gaming machine not a media machine.

So are you saying that because sony said that this was to be a "Gaming" console, it was implying that it would remove DNLA support, MP3 support, CD support, 3D Blu-ray support?

Sony did not Jip you at all. They offered a machine that was made to play games  and it does that very well. Now if Sony said yeah were doing this or that with media and then canceled it. Thats one thing but Sony told us what it did and didnt do out of the box. If you didnt like it you had time still to cancel your pre order. They CLEARLY said it was a gaming machine not media.

Black, bro, I know you are smarter then this.  You completely ignore my point in an attempt to validate you're own.  You can't just cover you're eyes and pretend something didn't happen when it doesn't fit you're story.

Yes, Sony did say that the PS4 was a gaming machine, but they didn't say it wouldn't have media capibilities like the PS3.  And Black, you can fanboy out as much as you want, but not even you suspected otherwise until the announcement.  They left that little tidbit of info out until the last minute.  Thats the problem.  Since those media features were a part of the PS3, it was assumed that they would be a part of the PS4.  I mean seriously, why wouldn't you think that? And sony didn't say otherwise.

Sony left its customers assuming those features were to be included up until the last minute.  They took us for fools and they were "Shocked" when they made the announcement and had to deal with the backlash.

What happened? People questioned PS4 features including me. 2 weeks before launch Sony anounced what features were and wernt avaliable. Again if I wanted to cancel my preorder I could off.  Dayt one the first video we saw last winter/spring. They showed it was a gaming macine off  the bat and that they were clearly after gaming this console. I guess you didnt watch that vide cause they didnt talk media at all. How is it a problem It takes what 5 minutes to go to the store and say I dont want it or call Amazon or best buy or even some place just hit the cancel button. How hard iss that? The only people who asumeed were fans that did no research or did not follwo the system as it came to release. Bash me all you want. Getting tired of this acting like you know everything when clearly different things are true. I purchased my PS4 to play games understand that its a gaming console. It was clearly said it was not a media hub last minute or not. If you assumed otherwise even after Sony telling us so. You got this issues not me. I knew that I bought. I gues you didnt know what you bought.

Message 74 of 116 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jun 8, 2014

docshady wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

No offense, and I agree with you here, but thats why you should never assume anything (you know what they say about making assumptions?). Companies do this type of crap all the time, they never give you the full story on things. Its important in this day and age to do your own research and not go off the tid bits the actual company gives you.

Agreed, but the problem is there was no research to do.  Sony kept this to themselves until the last minute and then dropped this on us.  They basically lied to us.  Telling us at E3 would kill their momentum they had gained from M$ shooting itself in the foot, so they kept it from us until 2 weeks before launch.

And again Sony annouced it. Pure and simple. Clear as these words are they announced no media on the system. How hard is that to understand. If anyone asumes other wie. Well there issue. Again as said 3 or 4 times never asume anything. 

Message 75 of 116 (195 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 9, 2014

laughter.gif

Furiously Chaosing
Message 76 of 116 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Jun 9, 2014

Excatly on most of my threads and posts I have pointed out how the PS4 has so much power and can do what todays avg PC can. Sony needs to unleash the power on what it can really do on the awesome system. AMD with 8 gigs of ram. Nice mix if you ask me, and more power then ever before. Come on Sony, don't hold back, unleash that power, you have a bad A console. Smiley Happy

Message 77 of 116 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jun 9, 2014

Another cry fest about 3d..... I do not think they included 3d because there are like 14 people who actually watch 3d movies.  Enough with it already.

Message 78 of 116 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2014

Sicarius-Magnus wrote:

Oh, by the way, I have owned the PS4 version of ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE for OVER 6 months and you just continue to push back the release dates.  Par for the course with SONY.  Thanks... for nothing!

Mod Edit: Updated title for clarity. - lokis_grrl

Sony has nothing to do with the release date of ESO on the PS4.

Message 79 of 116 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7092 posts

Jun 9, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

And again Sony annouced it. Pure and simple. Clear as these words are they announced no media on the system. How hard is that to understand. If anyone asumes other wie. Well there issue. Again as said 3 or 4 times never asume anything. 

^^^^Right there as stated by many over and over again.

"We are focusing on getting BACK to gaming"

That says it all right there. It does not say we are continuing on creating a whole home media center. It does not say we are going to incorporated any feature set found in the PS3 (other than GAMES). It says they are more interested in a GAMING console!

Your TV can be your media center now. Your PHONE can be your media center now. Your tablet, laptop, PS3 (novel idea) can be your media center.

Oh wait that makes to much sense. Continue to whine about how you got ripped off because you cannot read or assume whatever your little mind can make up.

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 80 of 116 (174 Views)
0 Likes