Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black, I have to admire your ability to twist events to make sony look good.

Until 2 weeks before launch, everybody expected those features to be a part of the PS4.  No one even questioned it and sony never lead us to think any differently.

Sony dropped that on its customers, an announcement that no one expected.  Sony chose to keep its customers in the dark until the last minute to try and suck in as much preorder money as possible and keep its untarnished image (as compared to microsofts) in tact.  We were suckered.

Twist events? Sony did anounce it 2 weeks prior and any one who changed there mind could cancel there pre order. That money wasnt gaurenteed to sony till you picked up your system in the first place.  As stated. Sony from day one pointed it out as a gaming machine not a media machine.

So are you saying that because sony said that this was to be a "Gaming" console, it was implying that it would remove DNLA support, MP3 support, CD support, 3D Blu-ray support?

We (The consumer) should have expected sony to jip is?

doc shady signature
Message 51 of 116 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jun 8, 2014

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Until 2 weeks before launch, everybody expected those features to be a part of the PS4.  No one even questioned it and sony never lead us to think any differently.

Sony dropped that on its customers, an announcement that no one expected.  Sony chose to keep its customers in the dark until the last minute to try and suck in as much preorder money as possible and keep its untarnished image (as compared to microsofts) in tact.  We were suckered.

Twist events? Sony did anounce it 2 weeks prior and any one who changed there mind could cancel there pre order. That money wasnt gaurenteed to sony till you picked up your system in the first place.  As stated. Sony from day one pointed it out as a gaming machine not a media machine.

So are you saying that because sony said that this was to be a "Gaming" console, it was implying that it would remove DNLA support, MP3 support, CD support, 3D Blu-ray support?

Sony did not Jip you at all. They offered a machine that was made to play games  and it does that very well. Now if Sony said yeah were doing this or that with media and then canceled it. Thats one thing but Sony told us what it did and didnt do out of the box. If you didnt like it you had time still to cancel your pre order. They CLEARLY said it was a gaming machine not media.

Message 52 of 116 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2014

Sicarius-Magnus wrote:

I have owned 3 PS3 systems.  Thinking that the PS4 was going to be head and shoulders above the PS3, stupid me went out and purchased 2... yes 2 PS4's thinking that I was going to get a fabulous machine with all the 3D capabilities at an even higher resolution and sound rate.

Well, you can tell   I have been in the computer industry for many years, attending CES in Las Vegas for the past 25 years and this has to be the biggest disappointment I have ever experienced.  I ASSUMED the best and you can see what we all got.

They have by tradition always been VERY LATE in first of all even getting promised hardware out to the market, and then in limited supply.  I even experienced the 'developers' at the shows being wined and dined to see if they would write for the PS3 and others.  Well SONY you have really let me down this time.  I have a PS3 setting next to one of my PS4's and believe that the PS3 outperforms the PS4.  PS4 has no ability to hook up with my family to do video conferencing with like the PS3, and the PS4 has no capability to play 3D movies.

Time to either get it together or get out of the business.  I have been in consortiums that have been instrumental in totally destroying companies because of situations just like this in the computer industry.  What would it be like if we just finally stopped buying your products that you under promise, and don't deliver on time?  Oh, by the way, I have owned the PS4 version of ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE for OVER 6 months and you just continue to push back the release dates.  Par for the course with SONY.  Thanks... for nothing!

Mod Edit: Updated title for clarity. - lokis_grrl

You practically told us only one thing. I highlighted it for everyone.

Message 53 of 116 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Jun 8, 2014
Soooo you're familiar with the industry and have been following trade shows and electronics related events but somehow weren't aware of the capabilities of the ps4 before you bought 2? Seems legit.
All PS4 information from Sony available here:

PS4 FAQ
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Everything you need to know about the PS4
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5102/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NzA2MDMzMy9zaWQvR1hqc3RRSGw%3D
Message 54 of 116 (180 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Jun 8, 2014

Well I bought a PS4 to play games.

I kept my PS3 and also added an XB1.

No issues here.   Maybe do some research next time bro...

Message 55 of 116 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Jun 8, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Sony did not Jip you at all. They offered a machine that was made to play games  and it does that very well. Now if Sony said yeah were doing this or that with media and then canceled it. Thats one thing but Sony told us what it did and didnt do out of the box. If you didnt like it you had time still to cancel your pre order. They CLEARLY said it was a gaming machine not media.

Black, bro, I know you are smarter then this.  You completely ignore my point in an attempt to validate you're own.  You can't just cover you're eyes and pretend something didn't happen when it doesn't fit you're story.

Yes, Sony did say that the PS4 was a gaming machine, but they didn't say it wouldn't have media capibilities like the PS3.  And Black, you can fanboy out as much as you want, but not even you suspected otherwise until the announcement.  They left that little tidbit of info out until the last minute.  Thats the problem.  Since those media features were a part of the PS3, it was assumed that they would be a part of the PS4.  I mean seriously, why wouldn't you think that? And sony didn't say otherwise.

Sony left its customers assuming those features were to be included up until the last minute.  They took us for fools and they were "Shocked" when they made the announcement and had to deal with the backlash.

doc shady signature
Message 56 of 116 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Dumbest thread ever.

Dumbest post ever.  

Someone's just trying to get their rank up, no..?

No. still the dumbest thread ever b/c its the same thing we see everytime. Someone complains about something that we all knew before hand and instead of looking into a product more they just buy it then complain about it after.

What makes you think my rank means anythng at all lol

Message 57 of 116 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Jun 8, 2014

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black, bro, I know you are smarter then this.  You completely ignore my point in an attempt to validate you're own.  You can't just cover you're eyes and pretend something didn't happen when it doesn't fit you're story.

Yes, Sony did say that the PS4 was a gaming machine, but they didn't say it wouldn't have media capibilities like the PS3.  And Black, you can fanboy out as much as you want, but not even you suspected otherwise until the announcement.  They left that little tidbit of info out until the last minute.  Thats the problem.  Since those media features were a part of the PS3, it was assumed that they would be a part of the PS4.  I mean seriously, why wouldn't you think that? And sony didn't say otherwise.

Sony left its customers assuming those features were to be included up until the last minute.  They took us for fools and they were "Shocked" when they made the announcement and had to deal with the backlash.

No offense, and I agree with you here, but thats why you should never assume anything (you know what they say about making assumptions?). Companies do this type of crap all the time, they never give you the full story on things. Its important in this day and age to do your own research and not go off the tid bits the actual company gives you.

Message 58 of 116 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
614 posts

Jun 8, 2014

Sicarius-Magnus wrote:

45 years in this business... is that enough technology savvy for ya?

You could have been in the industry for a billion years, doesn't change the fact that you look like a dope blaming Sony for the TESO release date and claiming to own the game already. You have displayed less than zero knowledge of anything even tangentially related to tech. 

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 59 of 116 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Jun 8, 2014

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

docshady wrote:

No offense, and I agree with you here, but thats why you should never assume anything (you know what they say about making assumptions?). Companies do this type of crap all the time, they never give you the full story on things. Its important in this day and age to do your own research and not go off the tid bits the actual company gives you.

Agreed, but the problem is there was no research to do.  Sony kept this to themselves until the last minute and then dropped this on us.  They basically lied to us.  Telling us at E3 would kill their momentum they had gained from M$ shooting itself in the foot, so they kept it from us until 2 weeks before launch.

doc shady signature
Message 60 of 116 (145 Views)
0 Likes