Reply
First Son
Registered: 06/07/2014
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

Expectations are that when you create the NEXT GEN of something that is NOT behind the FIRST GEN.  Yes, you are right, it was foolish on my part to think SONY could deliver.  Enough said.

Message 31 of 116 (192 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

Sicarius-Magnus wrote:

Expectations are that when you create the NEXT GEN of something that is NOT behind the FIRST GEN.  Yes, you are right, it was foolish on my part to think SONY could deliver.  Enough said.


If you feel this way then move along. no one is stopping you. Sony heard there customers. We just havnt gotten the update to add those wanted features as of yet.

Message 32 of 116 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/07/2014
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

Here's one for ya... after all these years 'VAPORWARE' is still alive and well.  Yep, I screwed up, you're right, but you don't know even half of the history of this machine.  I love my hardware, and I went blindly into the purchase of the PS4 with expectations which I should have re-evaluated prior to the purchase.  The PS3 IS a great gaming machine having owned 4 in my day, with Blu Ray capabilities and a great processor.  You would however EXPECT that the next generation would eclipse the last, but for me it just didn't make the entire trip.  Let's hope that all the hype that we continue to be fed, because I have heard my share, eventually catches up with reality.

Message 33 of 116 (189 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/07/2014
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

First, let me say I appreciate the fact that you have approached this in a little more professional way than the others.  The irony of the situation is that I DID fail to do in depth research on the PS4 prior to purchase as I did before I bought my first PS3 years ago (1st gen by the way and still running great).  However SONY has traditionally been this way since the PS3 days, having failed to deliver on many of it's promised games.  I watched the E3-2013 Press Conference and noted that the ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE was to be out this SPRING... hmmmm.  Well now I am told that we will be lucky to see it by 2015 for the PS4.  I guess I am just very disappointed in having had such a miserable experience with software developers over the years (traditionally not delivering on time), just getting me all upset.  Just wish they would have the ducks in a row BEFORE launch.  And yes, they could but again we become the 'troubleshooters' anyway for just about every form of hardware ever released sinced the old 8086 pre-windows computer systems.  Again, thank you for your approach to this, it is appreciated, and yes I am going back to my SKYRIM and play it again for the 4th time waiting to see how long it is going to take them to get the ESO out.

Message 34 of 116 (188 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2004
Online
7611 posts
 

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

Sicarius-Magnus wrote:

I have owned 3 PS3 systems.  Thinking that the PS4 was going to be head and shoulders above the PS3, stupid me went out and purchased 2... yes 2 PS4's thinking that I was going to get a fabulous machine with all the 3D capabilities at an even higher resolution and sound rate.

 

Well, you can tell I screwed up!  I have been in the computer industry for many years, attending CES in Las Vegas for the past 25 years and this has to be the biggest disappointment I have ever experienced.  I ASSUMED the best and you can see what we all got.

 

They have by tradition always been VERY LATE in first of all even getting promised hardware out to the market, and then in limited supply.  I even experienced the 'developers' at the shows being wined and dined to see if they would write for the PS3 and others.  Well SONY you have really let me down this time.  I have a PS3 setting next to one of my PS4's and believe that the PS3 outperforms the PS4.  PS4 has no ability to hook up with my family to do video conferencing with like the PS3, and the PS4 has no capability to play 3D movies.

 

Time to either get it together or get out of the business.  I have been in consortiums that have been instrumental in totally destroying companies because of situations just like this in the computer industry.  What would it be like if we just finally stopped buying your products that you under promise, and don't deliver on time?  Oh, by the way, I have owned the PS4 version of ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE for OVER 6 months and you just continue to push back the release dates.  Par for the course with SONY.  Thanks... for nothing!

 

 

Mod Edit: Updated title for clarity. - lokis_grrl


I AM a Director of IT and do have a CIS degree and am a senior manager for a multi million dollar organization. IF I found out one of my employees ever posted something like this they would be fired on the spot!

 

And before you claim I cannot do that, YES, I can! The state I work in is a "right to work state" which means I do not have a "reason" to fire you and IF I had this type of post it would be enough proof that you do NOT belong in the IT industry!

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"


http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 35 of 116 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2012
Offline
1581 posts
 

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

Sicarius-Magnus wrote:

I have owned 3 PS3 systems.  Thinking that the PS4 was going to be head and shoulders above the PS3, stupid me went out and purchased 2... yes 2 PS4's thinking that I was going to get a fabulous machine with all the 3D capabilities at an even higher resolution and sound rate.

 

Well, you can tell I screwed up!  I have been in the computer industry for many years, attending CES in Las Vegas for the past 25 years and this has to be the biggest disappointment I have ever experienced.  I ASSUMED the best and you can see what we all got.

 

They have by tradition always been VERY LATE in first of all even getting promised hardware out to the market, and then in limited supply.  I even experienced the 'developers' at the shows being wined and dined to see if they would write for the PS3 and others.  Well SONY you have really let me down this time.  I have a PS3 setting next to one of my PS4's and believe that the PS3 outperforms the PS4.  PS4 has no ability to hook up with my family to do video conferencing with like the PS3, and the PS4 has no capability to play 3D movies.

 

Time to either get it together or get out of the business.  I have been in consortiums that have been instrumental in totally destroying companies because of situations just like this in the computer industry.  What would it be like if we just finally stopped buying your products that you under promise, and don't deliver on time?  Oh, by the way, I have owned the PS4 version of ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE for OVER 6 months and you just continue to push back the release dates.  Par for the course with SONY.  Thanks... for nothing!

 

 

Mod Edit: Updated title for clarity. - lokis_grrl


I AM a Director of IT and do have a CIS degree and am a senior manager for a multi million dollar organization. IF I found out one of my employees ever posted something like this they would be fired on the spot!

 

And before you claim I cannot do that, YES, I can! The state I work in is a "right to work state" which means I do not have a "reason" to fire you and IF I had this type of post it would be enough proof that you do NOT belong in the IT industry!


What does that have to do with anything discussed here?

doc shady signature
Message 36 of 116 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2004
Online
7611 posts
 

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

docshady wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

Sicarius-Magnus wrote:

I have owned 3 PS3 systems.  Thinking that the PS4 was going to be head and shoulders above the PS3, stupid me went out and purchased 2... yes 2 PS4's thinking that I was going to get a fabulous machine with all the 3D capabilities at an even higher resolution and sound rate.

 

Well, you can tell I screwed up!  I have been in the computer industry for many years, attending CES in Las Vegas for the past 25 years and this has to be the biggest disappointment I have ever experienced.  I ASSUMED the best and you can see what we all got.

 

They have by tradition always been VERY LATE in first of all even getting promised hardware out to the market, and then in limited supply.  I even experienced the 'developers' at the shows being wined and dined to see if they would write for the PS3 and others.  Well SONY you have really let me down this time.  I have a PS3 setting next to one of my PS4's and believe that the PS3 outperforms the PS4.  PS4 has no ability to hook up with my family to do video conferencing with like the PS3, and the PS4 has no capability to play 3D movies.

 

Time to either get it together or get out of the business.  I have been in consortiums that have been instrumental in totally destroying companies because of situations just like this in the computer industry.  What would it be like if we just finally stopped buying your products that you under promise, and don't deliver on time?  Oh, by the way, I have owned the PS4 version of ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE for OVER 6 months and you just continue to push back the release dates.  Par for the course with SONY.  Thanks... for nothing!

 

 

Mod Edit: Updated title for clarity. - lokis_grrl


I AM a Director of IT and do have a CIS degree and am a senior manager for a multi million dollar organization. IF I found out one of my employees ever posted something like this they would be fired on the spot!

 

And before you claim I cannot do that, YES, I can! The state I work in is a "right to work state" which means I do not have a "reason" to fire you and IF I had this type of post it would be enough proof that you do NOT belong in the IT industry!


What does that have to do with anything discussed here?


Because he is full of crap!

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"


http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 37 of 116 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2012
Offline
1581 posts
 

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

docshady wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

Sicarius-Magnus wrote:

I have owned 3 PS3 systems.  Thinking that the PS4 was going to be head and shoulders above the PS3, stupid me went out and purchased 2... yes 2 PS4's thinking that I was going to get a fabulous machine with all the 3D capabilities at an even higher resolution and sound rate.

 

Well, you can tell I screwed up!  I have been in the computer industry for many years, attending CES in Las Vegas for the past 25 years and this has to be the biggest disappointment I have ever experienced.  I ASSUMED the best and you can see what we all got.

 

They have by tradition always been VERY LATE in first of all even getting promised hardware out to the market, and then in limited supply.  I even experienced the 'developers' at the shows being wined and dined to see if they would write for the PS3 and others.  Well SONY you have really let me down this time.  I have a PS3 setting next to one of my PS4's and believe that the PS3 outperforms the PS4.  PS4 has no ability to hook up with my family to do video conferencing with like the PS3, and the PS4 has no capability to play 3D movies.

 

Time to either get it together or get out of the business.  I have been in consortiums that have been instrumental in totally destroying companies because of situations just like this in the computer industry.  What would it be like if we just finally stopped buying your products that you under promise, and don't deliver on time?  Oh, by the way, I have owned the PS4 version of ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE for OVER 6 months and you just continue to push back the release dates.  Par for the course with SONY.  Thanks... for nothing!

 

 

Mod Edit: Updated title for clarity. - lokis_grrl


I AM a Director of IT and do have a CIS degree and am a senior manager for a multi million dollar organization. IF I found out one of my employees ever posted something like this they would be fired on the spot!

 

And before you claim I cannot do that, YES, I can! The state I work in is a "right to work state" which means I do not have a "reason" to fire you and IF I had this type of post it would be enough proof that you do NOT belong in the IT industry!


What does that have to do with anything discussed here?


Because he is full of crap!


Thats you're argument?  Seriously?

doc shady signature
Message 38 of 116 (176 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2004
Online
7611 posts
 

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

docshady wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

docshady wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

Sicarius-Magnus wrote:

I have owned 3 PS3 systems.  Thinking that the PS4 was going to be head and shoulders above the PS3, stupid me went out and purchased 2... yes 2 PS4's thinking that I was going to get a fabulous machine with all the 3D capabilities at an even higher resolution and sound rate.

 

Well, you can tell I screwed up!  I have been in the computer industry for many years, attending CES in Las Vegas for the past 25 years and this has to be the biggest disappointment I have ever experienced.  I ASSUMED the best and you can see what we all got.

 

They have by tradition always been VERY LATE in first of all even getting promised hardware out to the market, and then in limited supply.  I even experienced the 'developers' at the shows being wined and dined to see if they would write for the PS3 and others.  Well SONY you have really let me down this time.  I have a PS3 setting next to one of my PS4's and believe that the PS3 outperforms the PS4.  PS4 has no ability to hook up with my family to do video conferencing with like the PS3, and the PS4 has no capability to play 3D movies.

 

Time to either get it together or get out of the business.  I have been in consortiums that have been instrumental in totally destroying companies because of situations just like this in the computer industry.  What would it be like if we just finally stopped buying your products that you under promise, and don't deliver on time?  Oh, by the way, I have owned the PS4 version of ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE for OVER 6 months and you just continue to push back the release dates.  Par for the course with SONY.  Thanks... for nothing!

 

 

Mod Edit: Updated title for clarity. - lokis_grrl


I AM a Director of IT and do have a CIS degree and am a senior manager for a multi million dollar organization. IF I found out one of my employees ever posted something like this they would be fired on the spot!

 

And before you claim I cannot do that, YES, I can! The state I work in is a "right to work state" which means I do not have a "reason" to fire you and IF I had this type of post it would be enough proof that you do NOT belong in the IT industry!


What does that have to do with anything discussed here?


Because he is full of crap!


Thats you're argument?  Seriously?


Do you believe him?

Since when would ANY IT Pro make a statement like this when a game has not been released?

"Oh, by the way, I have owned the PS4 version of ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE for OVER 6 months and you just continue to push back the release dates."

ANY IT person would know you don't own a license of a game if the game is not released. Ok he prepaid it off but that does NOT mean he owns the license and ANY IT Pro would know this. Sounds like a kid to me.

 

And really?

 

" I have been in consortiums that have been instrumental in totally destroying companies because of situations just like this in the computer industry."

 

Not to bright.

 

 

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"


http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 39 of 116 (170 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2012
Offline
1581 posts
 

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 8, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

docshady wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

docshady wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

Sicarius-Magnus wrote:

I have owned 3 PS3 systems.  Thinking that the PS4 was going to be head and shoulders above the PS3, stupid me went out and purchased 2... yes 2 PS4's thinking that I was going to get a fabulous machine with all the 3D capabilities at an even higher resolution and sound rate.

 

Well, you can tell I screwed up!  I have been in the computer industry for many years, attending CES in Las Vegas for the past 25 years and this has to be the biggest disappointment I have ever experienced.  I ASSUMED the best and you can see what we all got.

 

They have by tradition always been VERY LATE in first of all even getting promised hardware out to the market, and then in limited supply.  I even experienced the 'developers' at the shows being wined and dined to see if they would write for the PS3 and others.  Well SONY you have really let me down this time.  I have a PS3 setting next to one of my PS4's and believe that the PS3 outperforms the PS4.  PS4 has no ability to hook up with my family to do video conferencing with like the PS3, and the PS4 has no capability to play 3D movies.

 

Time to either get it together or get out of the business.  I have been in consortiums that have been instrumental in totally destroying companies because of situations just like this in the computer industry.  What would it be like if we just finally stopped buying your products that you under promise, and don't deliver on time?  Oh, by the way, I have owned the PS4 version of ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE for OVER 6 months and you just continue to push back the release dates.  Par for the course with SONY.  Thanks... for nothing!

 

 

Mod Edit: Updated title for clarity. - lokis_grrl


I AM a Director of IT and do have a CIS degree and am a senior manager for a multi million dollar organization. IF I found out one of my employees ever posted something like this they would be fired on the spot!

 

And before you claim I cannot do that, YES, I can! The state I work in is a "right to work state" which means I do not have a "reason" to fire you and IF I had this type of post it would be enough proof that you do NOT belong in the IT industry!


What does that have to do with anything discussed here?


Because he is full of crap!


Thats you're argument?  Seriously?


Do you believe him?

Since when would ANY IT Pro make a statement like this when a game has not been released?

"Oh, by the way, I have owned the PS4 version of ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE for OVER 6 months and you just continue to push back the release dates."

ANY IT person would know you don't own a license of a game if the game is not released. Ok he prepaid it off but that does NOT mean he owns the license and ANY IT Pro would know this. Sounds like a kid to me.

 

And really?

 

" I have been in consortiums that have been instrumental in totally destroying companies because of situations just like this in the computer industry."

 

Not to bright.

 

 


You never answered my initial question.  What does ANY of this have to do with the topic at hand?

doc shady signature
Message 40 of 116 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes