Treasure Hunter
5736 posts

Re: Sony lets us down again!

Jun 9, 2014

It sounds like this a lot of gamers first console launch.

Message 91 of 116 (279 Views)
Survivor
2504 posts

Jun 9, 2014
@StrikeKing023 "Another cry fest about 3d..... I do not think they included 3d because there are like 14 people who actually watch 3d movies. Enough with it already."

It's 13 now, you know, there's that one guy who gave up.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 92 of 116 (267 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jun 9, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:
Go back to the inital video Last winter/Spring. Then E3 video. Nothing was said about media at all.

Yes it was.  I just watched the the PS4 announcment video again.

David Perry said, "Of course the PlayStation Network, and the PS4 will provide access to a vast array of other forms of entertainment, beyond gaming.  PlayStation gamers love all forms of entertainment including watching movies, watching TV shows and listening to music."

He later went on to say that more specifics of which would be released later in the year.  Later in the year wound up being two weeks before launch and over 5 months after pre orders were made available.

This statement is non specific, and nebulous, yet was precisely worded this way to play into consumer expectations based on the precedent the company had set, without actually stating anything.

Corporate weasel words, designed to imply a result, without being legally responsible for delivering that result.

So I guess Netflix, Hulu, Music Unlimited, Redbox, Amazon, NBA, MLB, NHL, Vidzone, Video Unlimited, WWE, IGN, Epix, Crackle and a few others don't count?

From now on they should be 10000% specific so YOU don't get misled again. I will let them no to make a note of that.

Then why are you here? If that is what you think then leave, go to another console/form of entertainment that has nats **bleep** level of specific that will make you happy. For crying out loud that is beyond unreasonable!

I will dismiss any advice from someone who doesn't even know that firing someone for something they posted on a forum, unrelated to their employer or disparaging to their employers intersts, is legally actionable in any state.

And you're a supposed manager of a multi million dollar company huh?  You should know this then.

Nice try.

Yeah and organizations don't use Facebook as a reference.

And your reading comprehension sucks so yeah maybe you should understand what you are talking about before making a comment.

Said the man lining up for a wrongful dismissal lawsuit.

How is that manager position going there sparky?  Fire anyone today for posting on a Video game forum on their own time?

I will admit, its a little hard to comprehend what you write, when you keep using language that the filter keeps censoring.  I guess that is the mark of a successful manager as well.  Always swear to get your point across.

Be One With The Game.

Message 93 of 116 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7594 posts

Jun 9, 2014

The-Sarge wrote:

Said the man lining up for a wrongful dismissal lawsuit.

How is that manager position going there sparky?  Fire anyone today for posting on a Video game forum on their own time?

I will admit, its a little hard to comprehend what you write, when you keep using language that the filter keeps censoring.  I guess that is the mark of a successful manager as well.  Always swear to get your point across.

LOL

You really have no clue do you? Let me guess, that is how you make a living, trying to sue every company that fires you.

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 94 of 116 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jun 10, 2014
Sony is garbage. Literally got a movie announced at e3 and tv with more indies. Xbox takes the lead by the holiday while arrogant Sony does nothing for core gamers
Message 95 of 116 (217 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1029 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2014

o1inthechamber_ wrote:
Sony is garbage. Literally got a movie announced at e3 and tv with more indies. Xbox takes the lead by the holiday while arrogant Sony does nothing for core gamers

WAH I WANT AAA GAMES.

Half of the people that say that don't even know what Indie means. At all.

I think you're garbage. If you think non-indie is that important, go play Xbox One/360. You won't be missed. Meanwhile we'll be playing games that are good because they're good not pretty, like Jamestown Plus, Trine 2: Complete Story, UC4, the next Tales, and Persona 5.

Message 96 of 116 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 10, 2014
Maybe this will teach you to actually do some research before you go out and buy not one, but TWO expensive systems. Don't blame Sony for your own incompetence.
Message 97 of 116 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jun 10, 2014

The-Sarge wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:
Go back to the inital video Last winter/Spring. Then E3 video. Nothing was said about media at all.

David Perry said, "Of course the PlayStation Network, and the PS4 will provide access to a vast array of other forms of entertainment, beyond gaming.  PlayStation gamers love all forms of entertainment including watching movies, watching TV shows and listening to music."

He later went on to say that more specifics of which would be released later in the year.  Later in the year wound up being two weeks before launch and over 5 months after pre orders were made available.

This statement is non specific, and nebulous, yet was precisely worded this way to play into consumer expectations based on the precedent the company had set, without actually stating anything.

Corporate weasel words, designed to imply a result, without being legally responsible for delivering that result.

Correct implementment of both Sony video and music services. Telling the customers they yes it can do Netflix and a few others. No way did they say well we made this thing for your media use. They said ithave option for media and thaat it does have. Music unlimitied and various Video streaming aps such as Netflix.

Message 98 of 116 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jun 10, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

Correct implementment of both Sony video and music services. Telling the customers they yes it can do Netflix and a few others. No way did they say well we made this thing for your media use. They said ithave option for media and thaat it does have. Music unlimitied and various Video streaming aps such as Netflix.

So now you acknowledge that they did talk about it being more than just a gaming machine at the announcement press conference.

They said it was also made for media use.  They did very little to specify what media use.  And they said nothing to dissuade the expectation of previous media use features.

An expectation, Sony very carefully crafted with the PlayStation ecosystem over three console generations.  An ecosystem they, many times in the past, had touted, quite proudly, was very important to them.

Sony knew exactly what expectations their past performance had placed in the minds of the consumers, and they did nothing to alter that public perception.

They held on to that false public perception, and the benefits it yielded, until the last possible second.  Then they let the cat out of the bag.  Only to give a non specific glimmer of hope, in a twitter statement, to pacify the masses.

It is shady advertising, it is shady business.  Just because it skirted actually breaking the law, does not mean it is right.  And sticking up for them under the premise of, "technically, they didn't say this or that" is something a lawyer would do when weaselling out of something.

Be One With The Game.

Message 99 of 116 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
614 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2014

The-Sarge wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

So now you acknowledge that they did talk about it being more than just a gaming machine at the announcement press conference.

They said it was also made for media use.  They did very little to specify what media use.  And they said nothing to dissuade the expectation of previous media use features.

An expectation, Sony very carefully crafted with the PlayStation ecosystem over three console generations.  An ecosystem they, many times in the past, had touted, quite proudly, was very important to them.

Sony knew exactly what expectations their past performance had placed in the minds of the consumers, and they did nothing to alter that public perception.

They held on to that false public perception, and the benefits it yielded, until the last possible second.  Then they let the cat out of the bag.  Only to give a non specific glimmer of hope, in a twitter statement, to pacify the masses.

It is shady advertising, it is shady business.  Just because it skirted actually breaking the law, does not mean it is right.  And sticking up for them under the premise of, "technically, they didn't say this or that" is something a lawyer would do when weaselling out of something.

Why should anybody care about your expectations? They are yours, and nobody else can be held accountable for them. You can look up the feature list. If MP3 and DLNA support aren't mentioned in it, what does that mean?

Were you actually looking to PR events for Sony to start listing everything that the new system >couldn't< do? And if so, looking back, does that make you feel clever? Has any company, ever, in the history of ever, taken time in a PR event to say "and now a little bit about what our product doesn't do"?

If you were relying on these events to get a list of features that wouldn't be there at launch, I don't even know what to say. That's what a 10 second internet search is for. If the feature isn't listed, it doesn't exist. If it did it, it would be listed as a feature.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 100 of 116 (115 Views)