Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/30/2013
Offline
2559 posts
 

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014
They should make another game like MAG.

Dang I miss that game lol
Message 71 of 132 (120 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/09/2012
Online
222 posts
 

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

They should make MAG 2 and have it 400 players. Is that "big" enough"?  :smileyvery-happy:


http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/a/a9/I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

 

To OP: Can MAG on the PS3 count as Sony's big MP game? :smileyhappy:

Message 72 of 132 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
8743 posts
 

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014

We used to have a big action packed multiplayer game, in fact I would have called it a massive action game.

 

 

 

 

Them were the days.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.


dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 73 of 132 (117 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/02/2007
Offline
3071 posts
 

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Someone doesn;t know what exclusive means.


Y'know, it's quite funny that you say that, because Titanfall is not an XBOX ONE exclusive. It is also coming out on PC and 360. There's a high chance that Titanfall 2 will be coming to PS4 and other platforms. Titanfall is currently stuck with XBO/360/PC because EA bet on the wrong pony for this race.

 

Also, if Titanfall is to be considered an "exclusive" for the XBO, then Planetside 2 and DC Universe Online are exclusives for the PS4. DCUO is quite big and doing well. It's likely that PS2 will be big on PS4. And then MAG F2P/MAG 2 will come and dominate everything. :smileyvery-happy:


Bring MAG to PS4!
Message 74 of 132 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/30/2013
Offline
2559 posts
 

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014
MAG 2 it is then
Message 75 of 132 (108 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
2360 posts
 

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014

LMAo sony is bleeding mmoney in every division except 1 or 2..its why they are selling their PC business, TV, and JUNK status Please.

Message 76 of 132 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
10856 posts
 

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014
Horrible spelling and grammar should lead to bans
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 77 of 132 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/10/2008
Online
1336 posts
 

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014

Interesting topic.  I'm going to state that the following my not be too popular here, but it's true to the best of my knowledge. 

 

I agree with the title that "Sony lacks a big MP game" if it is qualified with the game being 1) a shooter, and 2) 'big' meaning sales over 5 million per release.  There isn't any debate that Sony does not have a huge selling, exclusive shooter on par with their main competetor.  That is a fact.  Is it the end of the world?  Nope.  Is it an opportunity?  Yep.

 

For reference Halo 3 and 4 sell around 10 million units (give or take with 3 being higher and 4 being less).  Killzone sells at best 1/3 of that.  Uncharted 1/2 at best.  Resistance,  MAG, Socom, Warhawk (and I LOVED Warhawk), Dust, etc. just can't be considered on the same level as a Gears (sans Judgement) and nowhere close to a Halo.  You're kidding yourself if you don't think TitanFall with sell at least 5 million copies with ease.

 

So, I agree Sony needs an exclusive shooter that sells over 5 million per release (preferably ~10 million).  I would prefer it to be an FPS.   

 

 

 

 

 





BF3 Stats
Message 78 of 132 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/17/2008
Offline
3421 posts
 

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014

First of all there is nothing wrong with multiplayer itself, as some have stated it creates longevity of game play..

But there is a down fall to having multiplayer on games.

And that is since it is on the disc they shorten the single player story mode..

Which to me is ridiculous because games used to be 15-30 hours in story mode...

Its crazy how they added multiplayer and the story mode went to 4-9 hours...

 

More if you do side quests, but side quests aren't the game they are something the dev threw in because they were lazy...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 79 of 132 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/02/2007
Offline
3071 posts
 

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014

Diresins wrote:

Killzone and Resistance are awesome games, they just have to take those games to a whole new level now, they need to be made bigger, focus more on multi player then the campaign. As big as battlefield 4, for some reason the developers for those games refuse to believe that is the best option for the titles. But really, Killzone and Resistance on a battlefield scale, made and balanced right with tons of personalization, customization, and weapons! Who wouldn't enjoy that. Maybe Sony can buy the rights to make another Quake Wars (made by DICE)? or Tribes (Like Tribes 1 of course)?



GRIM__REAFER wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

They should make MAG 2 and have it 400 players. Is that "big" enough"?  :smileyvery-happy:


Zipper is no more, that game was going to be Socom, it was also going to be 3rd person. Who knows what it'd be like if they tried to make another, in my opinion it was sort of a accident. It was fun ( the first year) but I don't think 2 would be better. They'd have to do alot more to make it good, 3 maps got boring fast and not many weapons.


 

 

Resistance was already pretty big. R:FoM had 40p matches, R2 upped it to 60p clusterfrags, and then R3 happened and...well, we don't like to talk about R3. :smileysad:  Killzone 2 was 32p. So, FoM, R2, and KZ2 were already bigger than last-gen console BF. FoM and R2 had pretty good customization/personalization. 

 

 

Why do people seem to forget about quality over quantity? MAG maps were great, they had a lot of rereplayability. The maps for ACQ were essentially 2 maps in 1, and the maps for DOM were 4 maps in 1. Black Ops had more maps at launch than MAG did, but just about every single one was dull off the bat. Of course, that might be more to do with CoD's gameplay being boring...

 

Too many weapons makes it difficult to achieve proper balance. It's why BF and CoD lack good weapon balance nowadays. Don't get me wrong, weapon variety is nice, but not when it's just for the sake of having a higher quantity of them. R:FoM had good weapon balance overall; there were only 8 firearms and 3 grenades in the multiplayer. Each weapon was unique and useful for a certain situation. KISS principle, less is more, etc. 

 

I find it kinda funny how some of the best games [FoM and MAG] tend to be "accidental". :smileytongue:

 

Also, Quake Wars made by EA/DICE...

 


wycliff_12 wrote:

I agree Sony really needs that one huge MP game experience exclusive to Playstation. The closest they've come to accomplishing this was with Uncharted 2 & especially UC3 (which has remained extremely active going into it's 3rd year). Naughty Dog & Sony dropped the ball with how they handled the online though. 


Going free-to-play definitely helped keep UC3 active. 


Bring MAG to PS4!
Message 80 of 132 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes