Fender Bender
2565 posts

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014
If we are talking about numbers big then MAG has been out for 4 years and it could do 256 players on one map forever lol
To bad it's now been shut down.

Now we have to wait for the next massive FPS game for PS4.........

Planetside 2
Message 41 of 132 (184 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Feb 6, 2014

Pinktoe_ wrote:
If we are talking about numbers big then MAG has been out for 4 years and it could do 256 players on one map forever lol
To bad it's now been shut down.

Now we have to wait for the next massive FPS game for PS4.........

Planetside 2

I believe they are talking about marketability / highly recognized by professional gamers and have big numbers playing online as a whole.

and in that case I know for a fact since Uncharted 2 used to have a players online count that it did fit most of that criteria. only thing lacking was the professional thing.

Message 42 of 132 (178 Views)
Fender Bender
3181 posts

Feb 6, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Why has sony not been able to produce a big MP game..ever? MS has Halo, Gears and now titanfall, sony has...warhawk? Killzone? All below average, medicore selling games? Sony needs to geta  big FPS Mp exclusive, they simply have failed to deliver every gen.

Edit: Updated Labels. Learn more about Labels here. -HS

So, because Warhawk and Killzone didn't sell just as well as Halo they are below average? Well, I wonder what you think of Ico and Okami for not having Halo numbers. And Titanfall isn't a sure thing until it comes out. So far people are on the fence with only 6 vs 6 and everything else is an ai character.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 43 of 132 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
278 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2014

Killzone and Resistance are awesome games, they just have to take those games to a whole new level now, they need to be made bigger, focus more on multi player then the campaign. As big as battlefield 4, for some reason the developers for those games refuse to believe that is the best option for the titles. But really, Killzone and Resistance on a battlefield scale, made and balanced right with tons of personalization, customization, and weapons! Who wouldn't enjoy that. Maybe Sony can buy the rights to make another Quake Wars (made by DICE)? or Tribes (Like Tribes 1 of course)?

Message 44 of 132 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Feb 6, 2014
MAG sold over 1 million copies and was popular during it's prime. With the right advertising it could be a top selling game for PS4. 
Message 45 of 132 (145 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Feb 6, 2014

titanfall is going to be massive.......it is a game changer for FPS

-At barely above 30fps and 720p output, I seriously doubt its going to be a "game changer" for FPS. If it were on PS4, perhaps... But you can bet that no game released for the XBOX ONE will change the face of any game genre with its lackluster hardware. Oh and BTW, this is a PS forum, xbox fanboyism should be left on the respective forums of such.

Message 46 of 132 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1606 posts

Feb 6, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

They should make MAG 2 and have it 400 players. Is that "big" enough"?  Smiley Very Happy

Zipper is no more, that game was going to be Socom, it was also going to be 3rd person. Who knows what it'd be like if they tried to make another, in my opinion it was sort of a accident. It was fun ( the first year) but I don't think 2 would be better. They'd have to do alot more to make it good, 3 maps got boring fast and not many weapons.

Message 47 of 132 (133 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Feb 6, 2014
What because Warhawk didn't get copy and pasted and made into Warhawk 2,3,4,5,6 like halo makes it not big?
Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 48 of 132 (130 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10870 posts

Feb 6, 2014

How is anything on the XB1 going to be so much larger than anything on the PS4 when there are 3 times more PS4s out there than there are XB1s?  

...and the PS4 hasn't even released in Japan, yet?

Message 49 of 132 (121 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13062 posts

Feb 6, 2014
The fact that people think titanfall isn't going to do well because its 6vs6 and its at 720p and all this crap are extremely ignorant. If the game is advertised right and looks like fun, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BUY IT. Its a refreshing take on the fps genre and people are going to buy it. You people only hate on the game because its an xbox exclusive had they announced a ps3/ps4 version to you'd be lining up on launch day
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 50 of 132 (142 Views)