Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 6, 2014
He has a point.

Sony has a crap load of good exclusives, but not one game with a consistent large base playing MP, such as Gears of War or Halo. (Titanfall will be the next one)

Planetside 2 is coming out and will probably change that, but I'd also like to see a first party exclusive title that is known solely for it's great MP.
Message 31 of 132 (196 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28544 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2014

Nobody has yet defined what a "big multiplayer game" exactly is. "Big" as in sales and sales alone? Or "big as in a quality game that is a mainstay in your library? Also what genre? Shooter? Racer? Action/Adventure? Gran Turismo 5 and the series itself is as big a game as you can get with a quite large and VERY active online community, certainly does that not qualify?

Disqualifying a game like Warhawk merely because "I could care less" (which is grammatically incorrect mind you) does not mean there isn't a "big multiplayer game".

The only explanation we have so far is only what amounts to "they just don't". If you're talking strictly multiplayer, then I feel that's far too narrow a criteria. So what is it then?

Message 32 of 132 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3602 posts

Feb 6, 2014

Isn't Titanfall 6 vs 6 I don't think that counts for much

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
My PS4 Games of 2016: Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4 SE, No Man's Sky SE. Also: PlayStation VR
Message 33 of 132 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Feb 6, 2014

Well, Planetside 2 is made by Sony and coming to PS4 for free so.......Yeah, OP should do a little bit more research.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 34 of 132 (165 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Feb 6, 2014
Wow johnkarnes that is funny geezers in arms.ishould have made that my profile name
Message 35 of 132 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Feb 6, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Why has sony not been able to produce a big MP game..ever? MS has Halo, Gears and now titanfall, sony has...warhawk? Killzone? All below average, medicore selling games? Sony needs to geta  big FPS Mp exclusive, they simply have failed to deliver every gen.

Edit: Updated Labels. Learn more about Labels here. -HS

Halo will sell millions but now it plays like COD. No thanks at all. Titan fall is said to be huge but we shall see. Gears of war was good in its time but now we shall see if it can still hold its own. We have Killzone that sold millions just alone on the PS4. Uncharted, Infamous and many other great games that will sell milllions. You say were missing great games yet I see tons of MS customers who switched to Sony for there reasons saying numerous that we had the better exclusives. Seein this I know it to be true. What you state above is your personal opinion only.

Message 36 of 132 (154 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

Feb 6, 2014
Sony should try to put out a moba. league of legends is the most popular game in the world no othrler game is even close to there user base.There needs to be a great moba for consoles.
Message 37 of 132 (146 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28544 posts

Feb 6, 2014

MaxGreen wrote:
Sony should try to put out a moba. league of legends is the most popular game in the world no othrler game is even close to there user base.There needs to be a great moba for consoles.

Consoles are a very different market, and honestly I'm not sure that type of game would sell on a the PS3/PS4.

Message 38 of 132 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1397 posts

Feb 6, 2014

Sony needs to put out a wrestling game or a fighting game. Why? Because both these genres are awesome and we need more games in each of them! And I'm not talking about their version of Super Teletubby brothers either.

At the end of the day, I'm chillin'. You should all do the same.
Message 39 of 132 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13014 posts

Feb 6, 2014
Pretty sure big multiplayer game means how popular it is. The last of us is a "big" game in terms of single player. It is well known for it. Multiplayer? Not so much. Battlefield is a big game in terms of multiplayer. Singleplayer? Not so much. Halo is a tweener I guess
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 40 of 132 (189 Views)
0 Likes