Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
15778 posts

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 5, 2014

Yet these "big" MP exclusives have one thing in common. 

They stagnate games sales for other games. 

When you have games like Gears or Halo, no one hardly bothers to buy other games because everyone spends more time playing the Gears or Halo, or even COD or BF for that matter

Not to detract from those games, but the reason why Killzone and Uncharted and other Sony exclusive titles with a MP component don't sell as well, but are still quite successful, is because there is simply a wider ranging selection of GREAT games to play. Not just a few EPIC games and then a sea of mediocrity like it is on Xbox. 

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 21 of 132 (288 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Sony has many titles to choose from not just fps games. I liked some aspects of Killzone Shadow Fall, but it doesnt beat Killzone 2's multi.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 22 of 132 (285 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11249 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Sony may not have reached numbers as high as some of their competitors, but they have done well enough for themselves in spreading their wings across the online realm over the years. Some of their strongest multiplayer-focused franchises has been everything from SOCOM, Uncharted, Killzone, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and of course LittleBigPlanet. This I wouldn't rate by sales figures alone, but more so by the popularity we've seen spilling out of the floodgates.

When people think of Xbox they usually think of Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, and Fable (things of that nature). When people think of PlayStation though there's a whole mess of franchises whether it's multiplayer-driven or not. Multiplayer isn't needed in every game, and some games like The Last of Us (which I'm sure did well enough for its sales last year) introduced gamers, Naughty Dog and Sony to yet another biggie in an on and offline community that needs upkeep. With all the Resistances, all the MAG-power and Gran Turismos out there already making a splash as far as the quality of these games go, or the amount they sell, or the number of people who continuously decide to tune in socially with one another, I think Sony has plenty of "big" multiplayer experiences. They'll bring more of them, no doubt. Just you wait and see. :smileywink:

Message 23 of 132 (281 Views)
Last Guardian
11269 posts

Feb 5, 2014
I don't agree with you op on...everything. But this I agree with. Sony should get a studio to focus on giving a in depth multiplayer experience. I'm all for single player experiences but I'm sure we can get at least of great multiplayer experience
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 24 of 132 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Feb 5, 2014
Sony has amazing SP games, but yeah definitely could use some work in the MP department. Last of us's multiplayer was pretty cool though, wasnt anything i was addicted to but it was decent but yeah i agree sony needs a real good multiplayer game asap.
Message 25 of 132 (269 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25497 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Picard Facepalm

Message 26 of 132 (258 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1688 posts

Feb 5, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Why has sony not been able to produce a big MP game..ever? MS has Halo, Gears and now titanfall, sony has...warhawk? Killzone? All below average, medicore selling games? Sony needs to geta  big FPS Mp exclusive, they simply have failed to deliver every gen.

Edit: Updated Labels. Learn more about Labels here. -HS

Here's the problem with this thread and that way of thinking as a whole, sony can produce a great selling game with an awesome online, killzone, socom, gran turismo, warhawk, and uncharted for example, but the average joe just sticks to the most mainstream titles; COD and BF. Even Halo has felt a tremendous decline in users over the years; as has Gears.

Sony not having a "big MP game" (I say this very loosely because the reality of online gaming is that no game across any home console or pc, not counting MMO's, sees the kind of numbers of players as COD and BF) has nothing to do with their seemingly (at least to you) inherent inability to produce a game with a solid online component.

Side note:

When did Titanfall suddenly become "the next big thing"? I missed that memo.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 27 of 132 (237 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1688 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

?? compared to what? Warhawk was a niche game that barely sold 1 million, Halo sells over 10 million alone, then yuo have gears and now titanfall is going to be huge sony has........nothing. Killzone is dead, guerilla ruined that franchise. Sony needs to start over.

Halo is one of the most mainstream titles in gaming. Comparing the sales of Halo and Warhawk would be like comparing the sales of  a summer superhero movie to an IFC film. Halo attracted casual gamers (the same group that now flocks to COD and BF and left only the hardcore gamers to play Halo) while warhawk, from the start, attracted a more hardcore userbase.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 28 of 132 (232 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1688 posts

Feb 5, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Not to detract from those games, but the reason why Killzone and Uncharted and other Sony exclusive titles with a MP component don't sell as well, but are still quite successful, is because there is simply a wider ranging selection of GREAT games to play. Not just a few EPIC games and then a sea of mediocrity like it is on Xbox. 

And this as well. As much as I find this user to be a **bleep**.

Message 29 of 132 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2120 posts

Feb 6, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Why has sony not been able to produce a big MP game..ever? MS has Halo, Gears and now titanfall, sony has...warhawk? Killzone? All below average, medicore selling games? Sony needs to geta  big FPS Mp exclusive, they simply have failed to deliver every gen.

Edit: Updated Labels. Learn more about Labels here. -HS

I do see his reason.  It does feel like Sony is lacking BIG exclusive titles now days.  MGS sold out to Microsoft, so now Metal Gear Solid is no longer a PlayStation exclusive.  You say we have Killzone, Uncharted, Warhawk personally I care less about all those games (Shadow fall was OK).  Now I loved Halo 1 (on PC that is, played it for hours) rest of the Halo series didn't really intrest me.  Never been a gears fan (tried it once).  I do feel Sony needs to step up to the plate and get some killer EXCLUSIVE games, weather its SP or MP.

I Love Don't Starve, (even though its for PC).  In all reality if EVERY game was a Multiplatform game (Halo, Fable, Uncharted, Gears, Titanfall, GT, Mario, Metroid) then the companies Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft would only have their system to worry about (which in my opinion would be the best way to go).  Then we could pick any games we want to play, and what System we want.  It would make them focus around the System and its features more, than dropping $$ into new IP and exclusives.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 30 of 132 (208 Views)
0 Likes