Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Sony lacks a big MP game

Feb 5, 2014

SONY =/= the studio's that make first party games.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 11 of 132 (2,371 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6110 posts

Feb 5, 2014
Op not sure what you're going for but nobody has a solid platform only game as of now. The multiplatform games have taken over and took the people from games like Halo and Gears. Gears never had the amount of people that Halo originally had and as of now Halo is a dead end game. I mean all of the COD have a bigger following than any platform only title. Hell, Minecraft has more players than Halo and Gears combined. I've been with Xbox for years and just switched over to the PS4 and COD has always had numerous titles above Halo and Gears. I'm pretty much counting on Titanfall to be the same. Sure people will buy it as they've done with all the Halo series, but are they going to stick with playing it? As of late I think COD is the dominate multiplayer game and BF is closing in on it rather quickly now with BF4. For the most part platform only games are for the campaign and not the multiplayer that's why they fall off the charts rather quick.
Message 12 of 132 (2,370 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Feb 5, 2014

DUH, captain obvious, don't care if it is first or third party, but you are dumb if yuo think sony who is funding some of these games and publishing them have no say.

Message 13 of 132 (2,368 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2014

Halo a dead end?? It will outsell all sony exclusives combined when it launches LOL. titanfall is going to be massive.......it is a game changer for FPS.

Comparing sales of COD and halo when 1 is onyl on one platform? grasp at straws much? COd is declining.

Message 14 of 132 (2,366 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6110 posts

Feb 5, 2014
Once again Op, you're going on sales alone. I never said COD is outselling anyone. I said it's being played more than any platform title alone on either console. Xbox always posted UU for monthly game activity and COD is always on top even at the launch for the most recent Halo COD had several titles above Halo. As for COD declining, I just pointed that out.. BF is catching on and gaining popularity. Reading and comprehension.
Message 15 of 132 (2,358 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Feb 5, 2014

People still play Halo?

Message 16 of 132 (2,357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Multiplaying games are annoying honestly I like single player story modes :-)

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 17 of 132 (2,349 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6110 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Here op, since you really don't seem to understand what I'm talking about. http://majornelson.com/2013/12/05/live-activity-for-week-of-november-25/  for that matter go to google and type in xbox live uu and you can see various months. Those are only on Xbox which is what you're refering to having the better MP games and you can see for yourself that people aren't playing the platform only games.

Message 18 of 132 (2,343 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Brink-2-Chaos wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Multiplaying games are annoying honestly I like single player story modes :-)

i generally am the same But a nice addicting fun MP is a nice change everyonce in a while Such as TLoU

The only game I am going to buy that is MP is Destiny it looks good I am in the beta for it so I hope it does not fail to the hype it is getting..

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 19 of 132 (2,338 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
430 posts

Feb 5, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Halo a dead end?? It will outsell all sony exclusives combined when it launches LOL. titanfall is going to be massive.......it is a game changer for FPS.

Comparing sales of COD and halo when 1 is onyl on one platform? grasp at straws much? COd is declining.

Difficult to say at this point. One of the reasons Halo 3 did as well as it did was because the people who bought it at first we XBOX fans, and they basically only had Halo1 and 2 on that system (generalization, but you get the point). Of course they were going to "Finish the Fight."

When the 360 really took off, I think it really spoke to a certain audience, namely, the shooter audience, especially in the States, which, I think is the only place left where the 360 has a larger install base than the PS3.

That's what I see as the prime difference: 360's audience of core gamers in a lot more homogenized than the PS3's. They like shooters, and the proof is those sales numbers for all the multiplayer shooters on XBOX platforms, primarily the 360.

The PS3 audience doesn't seem to all gravitate to one type of game, much less one game. So instead of jumbo shooter audiences like on Halo, you get smaller groups that like Uncharted MP or Warhawk or MAG, or The Last of Us MP, or CoD, or Battlefield.

So, as for Halo on XBOX One and TitanFall... it's hard to say how they'll do. XBOne will most likely have a smaller installed base this time around, but that installed base may still be shooter fans, resulting in high attach rate for TitanFall. Or maybe, those people only like military shooters and mecha / sci-fi won't interest them.

Personally, I think TitanFall is going to be like so many other MP games. Like The Last of Us or Uncharted, basically all of the first party MP games --- great game that wasn't "big."

Message 20 of 132 (298 Views)
0 Likes