Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2009
Offline
13184 posts
 

Re: Sony keeps firing developers

Mar 26, 2014

Ok. heck even non-Sony developers even leaving Smiley Tongue

 photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 31 of 61 (186 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28972 posts
 

Re: Sony keeps firing developers

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2014

MIA_Philly wrote:

even the head hancho is gone. this honestly does not boad well for them imo. how can you be selling ps4's like hot cakes and making money hand over fist but fire everyone who helped make that possible or that is working on helping make it stronger? those people must have really been under producing and not meeting timelined goals to all be getting let go. this is like a massive restructuring tonight


So nobody has ever heard of the term "going out on top"? What better time is there to leave then when you're on a hot streak, and you can write your own ticket? If the company is doing well, that makes you more valuable and you can demand a higher salary and more power because of it. I'd lay even money that if Tretton ends up with Ford, Paramount, or who ever, he'll make some serious bank now because of this turn around.

 

Here's the thing guys; they don't owe you an explanation why they left. Those reasons are between the employer and the employee, and nobody else. I know that the internet age as led you to believe that EVERYTHING has to be public knowledge, and everyone now says "Why aren't they saying anything? Why aren't they saying anything? If they cared they'd say something! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHY AREN'T THEY SAYING ANYTHING?!?!",  but there are still some things you want to remain private.

Message 32 of 61 (171 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/01/2010
Offline
95 posts
 

Re: Sony keeps firing developers

Mar 26, 2014

No...not really....we may be the playstation's fans...but sony', as a corporation only need to answer to its investors........

 

I am saying this with my objective cap on. Subjectively, obviously we want some answers, but objectively speaking, sony doesn't owe its fans any answers. Just saying.

Join the Children Of the Enlightened, PS4 Destiny Clan for Singapore!


Message 33 of 61 (165 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28972 posts
 

Re: Sony keeps firing developers

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2014

Regardless, this is still a PRIVATE MATTER between employer, and employee. They also most likely have a non-disclosure agreement as part of a severence package. The company pays you part of your salary for a specific amount of time based on the length of your tenure, and you promise not to bad mouth them or reveal any trade secrets. Most companies make you sign one if you leave, especially a company as large as this. And not, this is no "different because it's video games". Sorry, but your'e not going to get any answers. Just accept it and direct your energy elsewhere.

Message 34 of 61 (162 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/01/2009
Offline
114 posts
 

Re: Sony keeps firing developers

Mar 26, 2014

"Isn't Sony doing well with the PS4? Aren't they winning the next-gen war?"

 

Not for long.  It's funny how Sony claimed to be for the gamers but forgot what gamers do

 

What's the commercial slogan?  Experience more together?  "Together" as in online?  Funny Sony doesn't have any killer multiplayer online games since last time I booted up my PS4.  I guess we experience stuff together in a spiritual sense and since that's all it is I guess I'm sitting beside you right now....would you mind passing me the cheetos?

Message 35 of 61 (140 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28972 posts
 

Re: Sony keeps firing developers

Mar 26, 2014

so-knee wrote:

"Isn't Sony doing well with the PS4? Aren't they winning the next-gen war?"

 

Not for long.  It's funny how Sony claimed to be for the gamers but forgot what gamers do

 

What's the commercial slogan?  Experience more together?  "Together" as in online?  Funny Sony doesn't have any killer multiplayer online games since last time I booted up my PS4.  I guess we experience stuff together in a spiritual sense and since that's all it is I guess I'm sitting beside you right now....would you mind passing me the cheetos?


Oh, so that obviously means they will NEVER have any, with the only qualifying statement being "they just won't"? We're four months into the PS4's life cycle, and I see the cognoscenti is once again repeating the "no games" talking points. I know that four months is an eternity for the ADD generation, however it's a mere blink of an eye in the over all scheme of things.

 

Message 36 of 61 (124 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/01/2009
Online
3007 posts
 

Re: Sony keeps firing developers

Mar 26, 2014
@so-knee

"Sony forgot what gamers do."

Please elaborate on this.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but all I'm getting from this is "PS4 sucks because it doesn't have Titanfall."
Message 37 of 61 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/17/2008
Offline
803 posts
 

Re: Sony keeps firing developers

Mar 26, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

so-knee wrote:

"Isn't Sony doing well with the PS4? Aren't they winning the next-gen war?"

 

Not for long.  It's funny how Sony claimed to be for the gamers but forgot what gamers do

 

What's the commercial slogan?  Experience more together?  "Together" as in online?  Funny Sony doesn't have any killer multiplayer online games since last time I booted up my PS4.  I guess we experience stuff together in a spiritual sense and since that's all it is I guess I'm sitting beside you right now....would you mind passing me the cheetos?


Oh, so that obviously means they will NEVER have any, with the only qualifying statement being "they just won't"? We're four months into the PS4's life cycle, and I see the cognoscenti is once again repeating the "no games" talking points. I know that four months is an eternity for the ADD generation, however it's a mere blink of an eye in the over all scheme of things.

 


This, so very much. 

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 38 of 61 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Sony keeps firing developers

Mar 26, 2014

BortLicensePlate wrote:

A WINNER IS YOU


Lol U mad.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 39 of 61 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/02/2009
Offline
1396 posts
 

Re: Sony keeps firing developers

Mar 27, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

A WINNER IS YOU


Lol U mad.


Cool story bro.

 

lol

Message 40 of 61 (98 Views)
0 Likes