Re: Sony keeps firing developers

Mar 25, 2014

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

Right Sony need to put a statement out and tell us what the f*** is going on.

Key people are leaving and they can't keep making us think it's the "Oh well everyone leaves at one point" excuse.

Amy Henning
Brian Karis
Jaime Griesemer
Seth Killian
Stig Asmussen
Jack Trenton

Other lay offs at Sony Santa Monica/Superbot

Then we have Guerrilla Cambridge and SCE London

Now Col Rodgers

This really can't be ignored, they need to make a statment on this. Who else am I missing....anyone?

you're the only smart person here who noticed that is very unusual that a number of highly respected devlopers were "let go" in the last month. When was the last time that a considerable amount of people were fired in a month or so? Not last year or the previous one

It is noticeable, @fede01_8 , there is no arguing that.. But, Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog, not Sony; Brian Karis left Naughty Dog, not Sony (and went back to Epic); Jaime Griesemer left Bungie for Sucker Punch, then left SP -- not Sony. Seth Killian and Stig Asmussen worked for "Sony Santa Monica," but that does not mean Sony is the reason they left SM Studios. It may or may not have been something internally amongst their peers. Who knows -- not our business.

Now that leaves Jack Tretton. We don't know why he left Sony, but I could understand why some people would think this is a bad thing. But, the first thing that came to my mind was health issues, not "He's jumping ship!" Or, maybe it was conflict within the company -- again -- we do not know, nor, is it any of our business.

Now, for the people in your OP that Sony let go, as I already said, your answer why is in your OP. Smiley Happy

I hope this helped.

You don't work @ Sony or it's affiliates, you don't know diddly squat. Smiley Happy

potmeetskettle

LOL U SO CLEVER, CAN"T EXPRESS THOUGHTS MUST USE PICTURES LOOOOOOOOOL

I figured it was a great way to help you understand Smiley Wink I hope it helped. Smiley Happy

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 21 of 61 (219 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2014

HorrorGod wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

Key people are leaving and they can't keep making us think it's the "Oh well everyone leaves at one point" excuse.

Amy Henning
Brian Karis
Jaime Griesemer
Seth Killian
Stig Asmussen
Jack Trenton

Now Col Rodgers

This really can't be ignored, they need to make a statment on this. Who else am I missing....anyone?

you're the only smart person here who noticed that is very unusual that a number of highly respected devlopers were "let go" in the last month. When was the last time that a considerable amount of people were fired in a month or so? Not last year or the previous one

It is noticeable, @fede01_8 , there is no arguing that.. But, Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog, not Sony; Brian Karis left Naughty Dog, not Sony (and went back to Epic); Jaime Griesemer left Bungie for Sucker Punch, then left SP -- not Sony. Seth Killian and Stig Asmussen worked for "Sony Santa Monica," but that does not mean Sony is the reason they left SM Studios. It may or may not have been something internally amongst their peers. Who knows -- not our business.

Now that leaves Jack Tretton. We don't know why he left Sony, but I could understand why some people would think this is a bad thing. But, the first thing that came to my mind was health issues, not "He's jumping ship!" Or, maybe it was conflict within the company -- again -- we do not know, nor, is it any of our business.

Now, for the people in your OP that Sony let go, as I already said, your answer why is in your OP. Smiley Happy

I hope this helped.

You don't work @ Sony or it's affiliates, you don't know diddly squat. Smiley Happy

potmeetskettle

I figured it was a great way to help you understand Smiley Wink I hope it helped. Smiley Happy

LOL You're supposed to be an MVP and help people and all you do is troll the forums, gg, you proabably a spy for Xbox XD

GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY

edit: inappropriate content removed

Message 22 of 61 (211 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9308 posts

Mar 25, 2014

Spoiler
BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

Amy Henning
Brian Karis
Jaime Griesemer
Seth Killian
Stig Asmussen
Jack Trenton

Now Col Rodgers

I hope this helped.

potmeetskettle

LOL You're supposed to be an MVP and help people and all you do is troll the forums, gg, you proabably a spy for Xbox XD

GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY

I don't see any trolling in his posts he just posted that photo after explaining why some people left Sony and the response was nothing more than a 1 sentence provocatory one.Anyway lets try to keep on topic.

KANE-FIRE

Message 23 of 61 (199 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4810 posts

Mar 25, 2014

You kind of have to wonder with all the layoffs and people leaving Sony, it is sort of baffling. Yet Irrational Games just laid off a bunch of people or is in the  process of laying people off. The news that Jack Tretton is resigning at the end of this month mean "W.T.F" for the company? I mean seriously.

If you had a job that you loved. Why would you quit? Why would you leave the company that has supported you for so long? There is obviously something going on and this happens all the time when companies became too successful. They start really low and reach fame and then they think they can move people around because they are thinking more about profit than helping the ones that work for them.

In a sense Captitalism is self center and selfish.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

https://twitter.com/FreshRevenge
http://www.twitch.tv/thefreshrevengehaven

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 24 of 61 (193 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
56 posts

Mar 25, 2014

Keep the thread on topic and debate without offending one another please. Robot Happy

- Coldhandzz

Message 25 of 61 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 26, 2014

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

Amy Henning
Brian Karis
Jaime Griesemer
Seth Killian
Stig Asmussen
Jack Trenton

Now Col Rodgers

I hope this helped.

potmeetskettle

GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY

Dude, the only one trolling, is you.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 26 of 61 (175 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6208 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2014

HorrorGod gave you an explanation and tried to help, if that makes him a troll (there are those on this forum who better suit the title) then that's very odd (his picture was a means to be funny and ask if you had a better explanation from what I could interpret). Now I can at least give you some articles to show a sinister plot isn't unfolding and we should not try to not make something out of nothing.

BortLicensePlate wrote:

Amy Henning (left Naughty Dog, not forced out)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-07-naughty-dog-bosses-deny-uncharted-director-amy-hennig-w...

Brian Karis (left Naughty Dog, not forced out)

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13973-now-brian-karis-leaves-naughty-dog-and-returns-epic-says-studio-wa...

Jaime Griesemer (Left Sucker Punch to go back to the studio he liked, not forced out)

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/5525482/jaime-griesemer-departs-sucker-punch-infamous-second-son-le...

Seth Killian (Left Sony Santa Monica on good terms, not forced out)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/25/street-fighter-veteran-seth-killian-leaves-sony-santa-monica

Stig Asmussen (Wanted to see what else is out there in regards to jobs)

http://www.psu.com/a022814/God-of-War-IIIs-Stig-Asmussen-leaves-Sony-Santa-Monica

Jack Trenton (left on good terms apparently and left us a love letter, lol)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/06/a-message-from-jack-tretton/

Other lay offs at Sony Santa Monica/Superbot (like you said, economics 101, restructuring after a game is released/cancelled)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/02/27/sony-santa-monica-39-s-new-ip-canceled-alongsi...

Then we have Guerrilla Cambridge and SCE London (Yearly restructuring after releases/projects once again, normal).

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/evolution_studios_guerrilla_cambridge_and_sce_london_st...

Now Col Rodgers (went to create a new studio)
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/driveclub_game_director_leaves_evolution_studios.html

People leave companies all the time to see if they can find even better opportunities, Restructuring happens all the time, and some have their own reasons for leaving and do not have to give a reason because it's not required to be told to anyone not in the gaming industry or part of their personal life (friends/family). Not trying to be mean, so I hope I don't come across as such. Things happen for a reason, in all our lives, we may not know at the time frame why but often works itself out.

We should be hoping everything goes well for those who left or lost their jobs, not trying to find some sort of conspiracy theory to feel important....

Message 27 of 61 (165 Views)
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Mar 26, 2014

Hopefully they get some new ideas with new people in charge.  A few of those studios definately needed some change, in my opinion.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 28 of 61 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25346 posts

Mar 26, 2014

even the head hancho is gone. this honestly does not boad well for them imo. how can you be selling ps4's like hot cakes and making money hand over fist but fire everyone who helped make that possible or that is working on helping make it stronger? those people must have really been under producing and not meeting timelined goals to all be getting let go. this is like a massive restructuring tonight

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Message 29 of 61 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Mar 26, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

BortLicensePlate wrote:

Amy Henning
Brian Karis
Jaime Griesemer
Seth Killian
Stig Asmussen
Jack Trenton

Now Col Rodgers

I hope this helped.

potmeetskettle

GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY

Dude, the only one trolling, is you.

A WINNER IS YOU

Message 30 of 61 (173 Views)
0 Likes