Treasure Hunter
6544 posts

Re: Sony is listening, Vita Memory Card prices are beginning to drop

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

alexbhood wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

But how is in-house the way to go if it's not working? You're trying to explain it as a smart business decision even though it doesn't seem "nice" but the simple fact is that it's not. How is it a good business move when Sony is the only one forcing people to use proprietary memory  in gaming and they're last in sales? Sure I want them to allow competition to drive prices down by using some kind of third party memory because it's cheaper for me, but THEY should do it because nobody is buying their money pit of a handheld- alexhood

Well No one know if it working or not ,  I dont  know the  books of sony finances and spents and etc etc., and we may  never know  them, its not very important btw.. but i know the vita has picked up sales and is selling out just about everywhere. the  memeory card where dropped in priced and sold out  very quickly on a  limted sale.. I think the  marketing /sales team see all and know this.  Things  will get better, for them in this  area.If they feel they can  get  80-150% more revenue with that  a price drop range  they will  do so also if  it cover all  ends of expenses they may have.  They will try to do that  its their job  to find a way to maximize revenue. i cant say  they will or should, i dont the  know the book of sony nor do i have enough  liqour in my cabniets  and time to be  reading finance book of them. Im just fan like  everyone else, i care about there games and entertainment not the finance books.

In house is the  best way to  go in buisness though. Its not forcing anyone to buy  your  brand,   america is free market.  You  can only get a  new ford  from a ford dealer as well as the parts, a new  2013 benz  from a  benz dealer as well as the parts  and they will be  very  expensive!!..  , its not  forcing anyone to buy or nickling and diming folks.. its the best way to control  revenue and protection of the brand and   product to the comsumer.  It may seem that way ( evil and greedy)  but  big  buisness mean big revenue to stay afloat,

Like  said before 90 -100%  of  all buisness dream to  do in house for there brands. Its  the hardest way  but the best way. No one want a  buisness  to be owned by the bank for 80 Yrs. You cant really profit like that or expand.. Your ideas  are not yours  when owned by a  bunch of suits and banks. If  you  ever get into buisness and into  pushing  your own product line., you'll  look back see  what im saying.

You wont be nickling a diming  any one either when set your prices. Im not trying to  justify  what sony do, they can do much better, trail and error listening to customers  make for great  success not  telling and arrogance & (pride) ego. what sont is  doing  right now with psn   no- one  is doing.  I mean no one is  doing it.

You  can scroll every  buisness 500 in tech and  none of them are doing  what sony is doing for it customers,  they listen and build . I have to give credit where it due.  nintendo not doing  nor is  xbox  nor is  apple.

Jesus, man. That was like 45% gibberish. Proof read for Christ's sake. Use a dictionary or something. The only thing I was really able to gather from this is that you're a Sony fanboy and they can do no wrong in your eyes. I know no other company is doing what they're doing, not Apple nor Microsoft. That's probably why all of those companies are doing so much better than Sony. Apple is the most profitable company in history as of last fall and Microsoft currently has the best selling console of this generation. 

thCAVMIWJC.jpg

Every one knows  nintendo  has  sold the most console this generation.   aww your crying becuase you cant handle the truth..  aww porr thing.:smileysad:

thCA8CHDWK.jpg

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 41 of 63 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jan 1, 2013
So angry that not only did I miss this, but I purchased a 32 gb for $80 earlier this month.

I would have bought 10 Cards, kept 2, and sold the rest on ebay or amazon, like I'm sure some one else probably did.

Proud Owner of PS3, PS Vita, Nintendo Wii and 3DS.
O... I also have a 360.
Message 42 of 63 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Amazon gave me a 15.00 refund on my 16, the 32's are back up to 90.00 I still have 9 gigs left. I use my phone for music.

Message 43 of 63 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

But how is in-house the way to go if it's not working? You're trying to explain it as a smart business decision even though it doesn't seem "nice" but the simple fact is that it's not. How is it a good business move when Sony is the only one forcing people to use proprietary memory  in gaming and they're last in sales? Sure I want them to allow competition to drive prices down by using some kind of third party memory because it's cheaper for me, but THEY should do it because nobody is buying their money pit of a handheld- alexhood

Well No one know if it working or not ,  I dont  know the  books of sony finances and spents and etc etc., and we may  never know  them, its not very important btw.. but i know the vita has picked up sales and is selling out just about everywhere. the  memeory card where dropped in priced and sold out  very quickly on a  limted sale.. I think the  marketing /sales team see all and know this.  Things  will get better, for them in this  area.If they feel they can  get  80-150% more revenue with that  a price drop range  they will  do so also if  it cover all  ends of expenses they may have.  They will try to do that  its their job  to find a way to maximize revenue. i cant say  they will or should, i dont the  know the book of sony nor do i have enough  liqour in my cabniets  and time to be  reading finance book of them. Im just fan like  everyone else, i care about there games and entertainment not the finance books.

In house is the  best way to  go in buisness though. Its not forcing anyone to buy  your  brand,   america is free market.  You  can only get a  new ford  from a ford dealer as well as the parts, a new  2013 benz  from a  benz dealer as well as the parts  and they will be  very  expensive!!..  , its not  forcing anyone to buy or nickling and diming folks.. its the best way to control  revenue and protection of the brand and   product to the comsumer.  It may seem that way ( evil and greedy)  but  big  buisness mean big revenue to stay afloat,

Like  said before 90 -100%  of  all buisness dream to  do in house for there brands. Its  the hardest way  but the best way. No one want a  buisness  to be owned by the bank for 80 Yrs. You cant really profit like that or expand.. Your ideas  are not yours  when owned by a  bunch of suits and banks. If  you  ever get into buisness and into  pushing  your own product line., you'll  look back see  what im saying.

You wont be nickling a diming  any one either when set your prices. Im not trying to  justify  what sony do, they can do much better, trail and error listening to customers  make for great  success not  telling and arrogance & (pride) ego. what sont is  doing  right now with psn   no- one  is doing.  I mean no one is  doing it.

You  can scroll every  buisness 500 in tech and  none of them are doing  what sony is doing for it customers,  they listen and build . I have to give credit where it due.  nintendo not doing  nor is  xbox  nor is  apple.

Jesus, man. That was like 45% gibberish. Proof read for Christ's sake. Use a dictionary or something. The only thing I was really able to gather from this is that you're a Sony fanboy and they can do no wrong in your eyes. I know no other company is doing what they're doing, not Apple nor Microsoft. That's probably why all of those companies are doing so much better than Sony. Apple is the most profitable company in history as of last fall and Microsoft currently has the best selling console of this generation. 

thCAVMIWJC.jpg

Every one knows  nintendo  has  sold the most console this generation.   aww your crying becuase you cant handle the truth..  aww porr thing.:smileysad:

thCA8CHDWK.jpg

I know you dropped out of school in the second grade to become a West Virginian coal miner and as a result reading and spelling aren't your strong suits, but try really hard for me. I said Microsoft CURRENTLY has the best selling console of this generation. As in Nintendo abandoned their fans to cater to little kids and old people. And their foray into the world of casual gaming has turned out to be an endeavor of EXTREMELY limited returns. The Wii sold like crazy for a while, but none of the casuals were buying any games once they got sick of Wii Sports. So no one is buying any more Wiis and now Microsoft has had the best selling console for 20 straight months as of last September. Also *everyone *consoles *you're *can't *poor. Christ, man. You had all those spelling errors in 2 sentences. You're embarrassing yourself with those pictures. I really hope you're 8 years old. 

Message 44 of 63 (370 Views)
MVP Support
12758 posts

Jan 2, 2013
Well I wouldn't say no one is buying the Wii.

It still sells better than the Vita.

And are spelling mistakes really THAT important on an internet forum? Considering you corrected him, you obviously got what he was trying to say anyway, and the important thing in writing is to get your point across.

This isn't school. This isn't a formal place. It's a casual gaming forum.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 63 (364 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Jan 2, 2013

My friend who works for a Sony retailer got his 32 at like $20 and he is getting me one that price as well. Like I said the mark up on these things is **bleep**.

Message 46 of 63 (341 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 2, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:
Well I wouldn't say no one is buying the Wii.

It still sells better than the Vita.

And are spelling mistakes really THAT important on an internet forum? Considering you corrected him, you obviously got what he was trying to say anyway, and the important thing in writing is to get your point across.

This isn't school. This isn't a formal place. It's a casual gaming forum.

Well, yeah it sells better than the Vita...but that's a low bar. Everything sells better than the Vita. And it's even less now that the Wii U is out. And I'm aware that this is kind of an informal setting but like 30 percent of all of his previous posts made no sense. It's one thing to use the wrong "your're" or "its" and not capitalize but he was leaving words out of sentences to the point where I couldn't figure out what he was saying, and insulting me while doing it. 

Message 47 of 63 (337 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 3, 2013

alexbhood wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

thCAVMIWJC.jpg

thCA8CHDWK.jpg

I know you dropped out of school in the second grade to become a West Virginian coal miner and as a result reading and spelling aren't your strong suits, but try really hard for me. I said Microsoft CURRENTLY has the best selling console of this generation. As in Nintendo abandoned their fans to cater to little kids and old people. And their foray into the world of casual gaming has turned out to be an endeavor of EXTREMELY limited returns. The Wii sold like crazy for a while, but none of the casuals were buying any games once they got sick of Wii Sports. So no one is buying any more Wiis and now Microsoft has had the best selling console for 20 straight months as of last September. Also *everyone *consoles *you're *can't *poor. Christ, man. You had all those spelling errors in 2 sentences. You're embarrassing yourself with those pictures. I really hope you're 8 years old. 

Actually he claims to be a retired millitary veteran, old enough to have met JFK. He also claims to be a millionare and have 2 college degrees, finishing at the top 5% of his class. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 48 of 63 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2532 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Is his name Norris? As in, Chuck Norris? Maybe this is legit~.
Message 49 of 63 (303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

alexbhood wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

thCAVMIWJC.jpg

thCA8CHDWK.jpg

Actually he claims to be a retired millitary veteran, old enough to have met JFK. He also claims to be a millionare and have 2 college degrees, finishing at the top 5% of his class. :smileyvery-happy:

In other words, he's 8. lol

Message 50 of 63 (295 Views)