Dec 21 2012
By: CWS_BattleFox721 Splicer 75 posts

Sony here is your winning stategy!!

17 replies 272 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

You need to start coming out with about 5-10 games every month for the Vita. Hopefully 10, because the Vita is a really good system and needs to be supported as such, especially if they want it to succeed. I think Sony, developers, & publishers are afraid it will be another failure & that is why they are dragging their feet here . I am a hardcore gamer between my 2 accounts with PSN I am a level 18 in trophies, I never have owned a portable gaming device. The 2 joysticks gave me hope for the portable world. Now I just think Sony needs to run with this hard. For the most part, people are just waiting to see if Sony will screw this up again or just waiting for the cash or the price to drop to be able to buy it. Sony for once Support the sh** out of something correctly. Ps3 started off slow for the same reason , Push those developers to make as many games as humanly possible and make them as good as possible. Turn the Vita into an portable device by bring a lot more apps as well. In today's world we love apps. Let developer's for android have a chance to produce apps for the Vita  (encourage them that they want to develop for the Vita. If u do this even at it's current price point the Vita will fly above the rest. There is other thing like making sure the basic apps work better with each other (obviously). But this is what people are waiting to see from you Sony.

Thank You for you time. Please Kudos if u agree!! Lets send a strong message.

P.S. Sony makes GREAT products but the world has yet to see them supported properly this is where every sees Sonys failure & I don't know if u (Sony) sees it too!

Message 1 of 18 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Re: Sony here is your winning stategy!!

Dec 21, 2012

We agree sure but those 5-10 games are the problem, development times and all that. I'm sure they'd love to release a ton of games every month too but the resources have to be there. As we are now we're at least getting a a few psn titles and around 3+ games for vita (or so?). Personally I've been buying the hell out of games lately and can't wait for EDF to come out in january even though I just bought DJ Max and Sonic Transformed. Also bought Dokuro and Escape plan on the cheap with the holiday sale. The Vita is getting great content for the holiday but people will always say "it doesn't have games" like I did a few months ago when all I cared to play was Gravity Rush.

Message 2 of 18 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Re: Sony here is your winning strategy!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

People really need to stop with these "Winning" strategies for the vita. 5-10 games is ridiculous, ps3 does not even get that many good games each month. If they released these many games each month it would actually ruin the vita because they will be all broken pieces of crap. If you knew what the process of developing a game and how it takes to develop you would change your mind completely on this 5-10 games a month shiz-it.

The only thing the vita needs to succeed is a price drop on memory cards, and a few more AAA games, such as Killzone, Soul Sacrifice, Bioshock etc. And then people will buy.

Message 3 of 18 (262 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Dec 22, 2012

it would be great if they started to make more games for the vita every month I agree with that .

CWS_BattleFox721 wrote:

Turn the Vita into an portable device by bring a lot more apps as well. In today's world we love apps. Let developer's for android have a chance to produce apps for the Vita  (encourage them that they want to develop for the Vita. If u do this even at it's current price point the Vita will fly above the rest. There is other thing like making sure the basic apps work better with each other (obviously). But this is what people are waiting to see from you Sony.

umm I don't like more apps on my vita but that not only me I'm sure there are others who don't like apps on vita. I don't want my vita to be like android I want it to stay a pure gaming playstation dunnu if anyone will agree with me or no but that's my opinion if they added more apps for it  the vita will be just like the Ipod and that's why I love vita as it is right now a pure gaming device.

Message 4 of 18 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 22, 2012
People who bought the PSV aren't waiting for apps. At least, I sure as hell ain't waiting for them, I bought a hardcore gaming handheld; for apps I have my smartphone~.

And as for games, it's unrealistic to ask a company to launch 5 ~ 10 games a month. Not even a powerhouse like Nintendo can do half of that. Third party support contributes to a notion like that, but even then, it's up to the third party companies, not to Sony itself~.
Message 5 of 18 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Dec 22, 2012
another note is that there are more games in japanes playstation store like gundam seed and another few games that they are not available in the us playstation store . I understand that these games are not available in english language but I wish they make it easy for us to buy these games even if they are not in english we can play them with some help with the language from the internet
Message 6 of 18 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 22, 2012
It's difficult to blame publishers for not taking the ristk to localize those games; they are niche games and thus nobody wants to invest the money. I understand your point, but short of importing (since the PSV isn't region locked) there's nothing that can be done due to the asinine separation between regions of the PSN~.
Message 7 of 18 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Re: Sony here is your winning strategy!!

Dec 22, 2012
The problem with what your saying is that game companies & investors see it as a failure when Sony doesn't have a good portfolio of games. Also, I'm not saying that they should rush through games but I'm saying that they need to line up more developers for the vita is all. I know 5-10 seems like alot of games but honestly that is the big issue being heard from every company along with customers. It can't be so untrue if there are alot of people saying the same thing.

Just saying & plz don't start a flame war we are simply discussing somethings as gentlemen.
Message 8 of 18 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Dec 22, 2012
I expect this one to be an issue for most (apps). But like it or not as markets evolve companies must adjust to changing times. Almost every analyst agrees that they must compete with other portables devices, such as android. Like I said before I am a hardcore gamer, but again it is not hard to make apps that would benefit Sony & it's consumers without causing draw backs from the gamiing side of everything.
Message 9 of 18 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Dec 22, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:
It's difficult to blame publishers for not taking the ristk to localize those games; they are niche games and thus nobody wants to invest the money. I understand your point, but short of importing (since the PSV isn't region locked) there's nothing that can be done due to the asinine separation between regions of the PSN~.

no one is blaming the publishers here and I understand that there is a risk to localize those games but at least maybe they can think of a way for us to enjoy those games even if they are not in english maybe they can think of somthing like linking us playstation store to the asian playstation store. I saw some videos about people explaining how to make an account in asain playstation store and how to buy asian prepaid cards to buy thos games and that need alot of work and keep switching between the accounts . for me I can't do that because it need alot of work and time just to get 1 game so it's not that easy that's why I wish they can think about somthing make it easy for us to play those games and I know this idea not easy at all but it's just a small wish for me ^^

Message 10 of 18 (209 Views)
0 Likes