Sackboy
476 posts

Re: Rumor: The PSP2 has a 720p 5" Screen and is Sony's Answer to the eyePad

Oct 31, 2010

The BB Playerbook and the Dill Slate are also competitors to the eyePad, and they are not the same size either.

It's not the screen size, it's what you can do with them. If the PSP2 can be used to read ebooks, browse the web, view videos and such, it will be competing with the eyePad, whether you want it to or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 231 of 237 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Oct 31, 2010

Wikiality wrote:

The BB Playerbook and the Dill Slate are also competitors to the eyePad, and they are not the same size either.

It's not the screen size, it's what you can do with them. If the PSP2 can be used to read ebooks, browse the web, view videos and such, it will be competing with the eyePad, whether you want it to or not.

And to browse the web, it better have a real web browser that's upgradeable and handles Flash (sorry Steve J. that's required).

Please use plain text.
Message 232 of 237 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1037 posts

Oct 31, 2010

Wikiality wrote:

I realize arguing with is pointless, and you're wrong. The playbook, and the Dell tablet are just that. TABLETS! I really can't go on much of a rant here, because if I really said how I feel, I would get banned.

I do not want this device you are spouting off about. The other devices are computers. The PSP is not a computer, nor should it be. I do not want to read ebooks on a 5" screen. It is too small. I have my phone for light web browsing. I have my iPad as pretty much my computer replacement (save for some things it cannot do). And I have my PSP for gaming.

The PSP is not a tablet, and never will be. I really wish you could be jailed for what you are saying. I can't go on with this, because I guarantee I will get violent, so I gotta leave, and plan on reporting your comments to Apple and Sony. If the moderation staff won't ban you, then maybe a nice cease and desist will calm you down.

The rules of this forum CLEARLY state that you cannot discuss other platforms here, and you blatantly put another platform in the title of your thread, and refuse to remove it....gah...I gotta go...
Boycotting Corrupt Moderators
PSPgo Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 233 of 237 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Oct 31, 2010

toasty_hoodie wrote:

Wikiality wrote:

I realize arguing with is pointless, and you're wrong. The playbook, and the Dell tablet are just that. TABLETS! I really can't go on much of a rant here, because if I really said how I feel, I would get banned.

I do not want this device you are spouting off about. The other devices are computers. The PSP is not a computer, nor should it be. I do not want to read ebooks on a 5" screen. It is too small. I have my phone for light web browsing. I have my iPad as pretty much my computer replacement (save for some things it cannot do). And I have my PSP for gaming.

The PSP is not a tablet, and never will be. I really wish you could be jailed for what you are saying. I can't go on with this, because I guarantee I will get violent, so I gotta leave, and plan on reporting your comments to Apple and Sony. If the moderation staff won't ban you, then maybe a nice cease and desist will calm you down.

The rules of this forum CLEARLY state that you cannot discuss other platforms here, and you blatantly put another platform in the title of your thread, and refuse to remove it....gah...I gotta go...

I have no problem reading things on the psp. Laptops and tablets like imaxipad are just to big to lug around as an everyday portable, fine for the home and office.

Please use plain text.
Message 234 of 237 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28533 posts

Oct 31, 2010

Other Platforms

This is first and foremost a PlayStation community. As such, discussions on our gaming forums should be PlayStation-oriented. Topics related to other gaming platforms may be deemed off-topic and removed at our discretion. Furthermore, platform vs. platform threads never end well, often resulting in a flame war. Please refrain from creating such threads on the forums.

Please use plain text.
Message 235 of 237 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Re: Sony, here is what we the gamers would love to see from the PSP2

Jan 31, 2011

Colbert - I CALLED IT!

Well everything except for the screen. Rather than offering up a 720p screen that ran games at 360p. They opted to use a 960x540 screen that is exactly half the resolution of 1080p, for both gaming and video playback. I think they made a wise choice. It's better to use one resolution for everything and what better resolution than the exact halfway point between 360p and 720p.

Please use plain text.
Message 236 of 237 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Re: Sony, here is what we the gamers would love to see from the PSP2

Feb 10, 2011

Zizzy477 wrote:

It's more likely that Sony will make their own Flash Carts, rather than supply everyone with encrypted SD cards.

------------------------------------------------

Good prediction. You proved to be right on the money about that.

Please use plain text.
Message 237 of 237 (13 Views)
0 Likes