Keyblade Wielder
10079 posts

Re: Sony headsets compatible with PS4?

Feb 22, 2013
The problems with turtle beach are, at the high price, you are paying for a lot of things that otherwise could have been used to make the headset better. Turtle beach headphones tend to sound tinny vs Astro or better quality audio headphones. They also only have a frequency response of 20hz - 20000khz where the astro headphones are 15hz - 28000khz. Believe it or not though, this is only with the A30's and A40's. the much more expensive 300.00 Astro A50's are actually lower quality audio because extra money had to go into making them wireless. The audio suffers as a result.
Message 11 of 38 (3,397 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6593 posts

Feb 22, 2013

CovertClay wrote:
I spent $220 buck on a TB PX5 and while other people can argue all day that the Astros are the best and TB sucks, I have to say that I absolutely love the px5 and the dual Bluetooth capabilities. However, if the ps4 doesn't have Bluetooth then there goes my perfectly good headset. Please tell me that they sent going to abandon Bluetooth support and do what Microsoft did and made the headset work through the controller only.

well  i think since they didnt to say to much.  we can only  assume.. ther is head phone jack inthe controller but  we dont what  headset works with it...

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 12 of 38 (3,395 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10079 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013
It appears it us in fact a headphone jack which shouldnt be a problem for my mixamp. The 360 can also do chat without the controller cable but the only brand that can make use of it is Tritton because Mad Catz has exclusive rights. Just because the controller has a headphone hack though shouldn't mean its the only way you can communicate.
Message 13 of 38 (3,393 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16326 posts

Feb 22, 2013

CovertClay wrote:
I spent $220 buck on a TB PX5 and while other people can argue all day that the Astros are the best and TB sucks, I have to say that I absolutely love the px5 and the dual Bluetooth capabilities. However, if the ps4 doesn't have Bluetooth then there goes my perfectly good headset. Please tell me that they sent going to abandon Bluetooth support and do what Microsoft did and made the headset work through the controller only.

Read this... http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221a_e.pdf

now calm down

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 14 of 38 (3,388 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14299 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Bluetooth is NOT abandoned. Proof? The Move is bluetooth and is compatible. Voila! Smiley Tongue

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 15 of 38 (3,387 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16326 posts

Feb 22, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Bluetooth is NOT abandoned. Proof? The Move is bluetooth and is compatible. Voila! Smiley Tongue

Move? Bluetooth? No.

The controllers are, but not the CAMERA

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 16 of 38 (3,385 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14299 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Move? Bluetooth? No.

My point was not regarding cameras. My point is the console has bluetooth if it interacts with move. The camera has nothing to do with my point. Also, bluetooth was great on Ps3 considering almost all the products had it. Their earpiece, the move, the DualShock 3, etc... why fix what ain't broke?

Edit: Also, 4 usbs would have to dedicated to 4 controllers. That is simply bad design and would be realy naive of Sony to do that.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 17 of 38 (3,383 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16326 posts

Feb 22, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Move? Bluetooth? No.

My point was not regarding cameras. My point is the console has bluetooth if it interacts with move. The camera has nothing to do with my point. Also, bluetooth was great on Ps3 considering almost all the products had it. Their earpiece, the move, the DualShock 3, etc... why fix what ain't broke?

In order to use Move... you need the camera.... it has EVERYTHING to do with it. Do you even know how Move works?

Edit: Also, 4 usbs would have to dedicated to 4 controllers. That is simply bad design and would be realy naive of Sony to do that.
See now you're just being a little too obtuse... Everyone cried foul when the PS3 went from 4 USB ports to just 2....Sony solved that with the powered 4port USB hub.
Now you're crying foul because you think thats too much? The only one who is naive is you....
People will welcome, and see the need to have 4 USB ports.... one to use the headsets USB dongle, one for the Move camera, one to charge a controller or headset, and one for an external harddrive. I certainly do... 
And no... that doesn't mean they're going to be dedicated to controllers.... dubya-tee-eff mate.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 18 of 38 (3,377 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
The problems with turtle beach are, at the high price, you are paying for a lot of things that otherwise could have been used to make the headset better. Turtle beach headphones tend to sound tinny vs Astro or better quality audio headphones. They also only have a frequency response of 20hz - 20000khz where the astro headphones are 15hz - 28000khz. Believe it or not though, this is only with the A30's and A40's. the much more expensive 300.00 Astro A50's are actually lower quality audio because extra money had to go into making them wireless. The audio suffers as a result.

Murderstyle, Your probably right about the Astros being better, however you would not beleve what all I use bluetooth for. The Bluetooth in the px5 was a big selling point for me because I stream music to my headset, talk to my GF and friends on the phone, all while still being able to hear game audio and all I have to do is tap one button. Not to mention the px5 was cheaper. Can the a40 do all that?

Message 19 of 38 (3,364 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 12, 2013
Yes but they told no backwards compatibility go on youtube :/ i to bought the wireless sony headset and i am very sad about this
Message 20 of 38 (2,927 Views)
0 Likes