Reply
First Son
Registered: 09/22/2012
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Sony games that lock up!!!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I have Infamous 1 and 2, God Of War Collection/Saga and not one of them has locked up.

 

Your insinuating ridiculous accusations to which you have no basis of factual information.

 

Stop trying to post misinformation to align with your own agenda.


None of those games locked up on your system so it is he who is posting misinformation.

Why not you?

As to "ridiculous accusations to which you have no basis of factual information." thats again describe more you than him.

In fact many people report freezes and lock ups with games like infamous and GoW-1-3
and in all cases those freezes and lock ups happen in same places for everyone but affect only certain systems (Check GoW3 forum since 2010 there are problems with GoW3 which are very speciffic and consistent but for some reason not affecting everyone)

And since those games are published by sony I dont think its so wrong to say "sony games that lock up" because, it is sony and those games do lock up.

 

And quite honestly even if the dude want to rant I can understand him, when multiple games lock up for many people in same places and no one fixes it for years it does seems  like something is wrong here.

Also what with that "He's lucky his posts aren't really reportable" I dont think he is lucky, he is probably just well balanced individual who will not post anything vulgar or indecent not because he is lucky but because he is not like this, whats with that assuming worst of people.


LazyShady wrote:
God of War 1 works flawless, thats a Sony game. So not all Sony games "lock up." Are you asking for help or just ranting?

 Thread title is "Sony games that lock up!!!!" English is not my native but I do believe word "that" suggest that topic concerns only those games that do that but not suggest that every sony game do that.

And in case you were wondering what the purpose of this topic I guess it is to discuss games that do that and maybe find a solution or at least some better understanding of the problem.

 

Whats with that lashing out, I know you guys could have a bad day but come on.

 

Anyway while this topic probably belong to tech help forum there is still something wrong with games which lock up on some systems in same places, some suggest its faulty HDD or weared out laser but in some cases lock ups occur even on brand new superslims which is weird and a bit worrying, especially that no one saying what causing this and no one fixing it.

And while I could swallow the fact that I bought bad game I am more worried that I bought bad PS3 and I am sure this is the ground for concern for many people whos PS3 have problem in certain games and there is no saying how many games we will not play because of this.

 

A friend of mine have slim cech25, God of War 3, Uncharted 3 (I think) and infamous are games that lock up for him in same places, except uncharted which just loop sound.

His PS3 out of warranty but seeing how MY 3 months old (At the time) CECH30xxB had problems with GoW3 which were very similar to everything that was reported by other people there no saying his wasnt like this  from the beginning.

So this is what worrying me especially, bad batch of games, ok I can bear that, bad batch of PS3's which wont play only certain games, that is a bit more worrying.

Message 11 of 28 (209 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2241 posts
 

Re: Sony games that lock up!!!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

There is no bad batch of Sony games, This is bad making of the games at hand.  God of war2 locked up only once in two playthrus. that i could turn the power off.  God of war 1 played flawless two playthrus.  Infamous1 one playthru both sides, 3 lockups that couldnt turn the power off without unplugging and two lockups that i could turn the power off.  Now Infamous 2 has started the same thing.   Thats bad coding, as they accuse others of on third party titles.  Heavy Rain, locked up once in two play thrus i could turn the power off.

 

More sony titles to be on the list, im sure.  Im not done playing them all.

 

They say unplugging will damage your system, its all you can do on them lockups that makes me mad.  Them types of lockups are only happening with sony games?  Whats really going on?

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 12 of 28 (188 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Sony games that lock up!!!!

Dec 6, 2012

TheDster wrote:

Your the only one thats saying it dont.  I wouldnt lie to you Grey or anyone else.  This isnt mine but theres issues with these Infamous games and im not lieing.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTBs_17P51Q


That still doesn't answer my question...

 

Once again... I have Infamous 1 and 2 and the GoW Saga.... none of them have frozen on me, they have all worked flawlessly.

 

WHAT IS YOUR POINT TO THIS THREAD?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 28 (139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2241 posts
 

Re: Sony games that lock up!!!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

My point is Sony games that lockup, so bad you have to unplug the system.  Its not so much they lockup, but when you have to unplug system thats what makes me mad.   I remember being a amatuer and putting around and not having a issue with sony games.  Now that im getting better it seems im having more worse issues with Sony games then any other developer.  Including Bethesda, atleast their games you can turn the power off without unplugging.

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 14 of 28 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Sony games that lock up!!!!

Dec 6, 2012

Reisen_84 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I have Infamous 1 and 2, God Of War Collection/Saga and not one of them has locked up.

 

Your insinuating ridiculous accusations to which you have no basis of factual information.

 

Stop trying to post misinformation to align with your own agenda.


None of those games locked up on your system so it is he who is posting misinformation.

Why not you?

As to "ridiculous accusations to which you have no basis of factual information." thats again describe more you than him.

In fact many people report freezes and lock ups with games like infamous and GoW-1-3
and in all cases those freezes and lock ups happen in same places for everyone but affect only certain systems (Check GoW3 forum since 2010 there are problems with GoW3 which are very speciffic and consistent but for some reason not affecting everyone)

And since those games are published by sony I dont think its so wrong to say "sony games that lock up" because, it is sony and those games do lock up.

If you've never seen TheDsters previous threads, you would understand why I am casting a shadow of doubt. Irregardless if he mentions that he would not lie. I take it as a grain of salt coming from him.

 

And quite honestly even if the dude want to rant I can understand him, when multiple games lock up for many people in same places and no one fixes it for years it does seems  like something is wrong here.

Also what with that "He's lucky his posts aren't really reportable" I dont think he is lucky, he is probably just well balanced individual who will not post anything vulgar or indecent not because he is lucky but because he is not like this, whats with that assuming worst of people.

You haven't seen his worst, thats the problem. It makes it a little hard to understand whatever motives he has. I TRY to give him the benefit of the doubt, I really do.... but, whats happened previously can't be ignored. By many of the most active members.
A rant thread is fine.... it just isn't going to go anywhere and usually its ignored. But this is not a rant thread.


LazyShady wrote:
God of War 1 works flawless, thats a Sony game. So not all Sony games "lock up." Are you asking for help or just ranting?

 Thread title is "Sony games that lock up!!!!" English is not my native but I do believe word "that" suggest that topic concerns only those games that do that but not suggest that every sony game do that.

And in case you were wondering what the purpose of this topic I guess it is to discuss games that do that and maybe find a solution or at least some better understanding of the problem.

 

Whats with that lashing out, I know you guys could have a bad day but come on.

 

Anyway while this topic probably belong to tech help forum there is still something wrong with games which lock up on some systems in same places, some suggest its faulty HDD or weared out laser but in some cases lock ups occur even on brand new superslims which is weird and a bit worrying, especially that no one saying what causing this and no one fixing it.

And while I could swallow the fact that I bought bad game I am more worried that I bought bad PS3 and I am sure this is the ground for concern for many people whos PS3 have problem in certain games and there is no saying how many games we will not play because of this.

 

A friend of mine have slim cech25, God of War 3, Uncharted 3 (I think) and infamous are games that lock up for him in same places, except uncharted which just loop sound.

His PS3 out of warranty but seeing how MY 3 months old (At the time) CECH30xxB had problems with GoW3 which were very similar to everything that was reported by other people there no saying his wasnt like this  from the beginning.

So this is what worrying me especially, bad batch of games, ok I can bear that, bad batch of PS3's which wont play only certain games, that is a bit more worrying.


You seem to have missed the point... Did you not read my question?

 

Sure, this thread is about a list of 1st party games that freeze.... BUT WHAT PURPOSE DOES IT HAVE?


There are MANY factors that go into a games possibility to freeze.... it could be a failing hdd, it could be a corrupted file/sector on the hdd, it could be the ps3 overheating, it could be a multitudeof factors that not even a developer/publisher can anticipate. 

Theres no exact science to solve any freezing issues. Usually, they are the hardest to sort out and often times they are never fixed because its usually never replicated in the same instance it froze previously...


I don't think you understand whats going on.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 15 of 28 (130 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2241 posts
 

Re: Sony games that lock up!!!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

I want it fixed thats what purpose i have with it.  I dont have a issue on a lockup i can shut off with power button.  Lockups i cant turn off with the power button is serious.  Its only happening on Sony games, why??

 

I was getting into being Cole, but i cant stand unplugging my system.  Dont worry im still Kratos till i get lockups like that though.

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 16 of 28 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/22/2012
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Sony games that lock up!!!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Is your PS3 on warranty?

If yes give call to sony, if no, you might try to change your HDD, some people reported it fixing an issue with some games which previously locked up in same places.

Even if those games are not installed on HDD  they are still cashing data there, if you stuck in one place, next time you get there you might want to check if you HDD indicator flashing and if yes wait till it stop before advancing.

 

@ gR3yGh051

I am not familiar with  TheDsters's post history, so to me it kinda looked like you guys leashed out on him as it happens in similar cases when user post issue and dissatisfaction only to get flatten by fanboys who would rather pretend there is no issue at all only because they dont have it.

Just a note I am not calling you a fanboy only trying to explain the point.


You seem to have missed the point... Did you not read my question?

 

Sure, this thread is about a list of 1st party games that freeze.... BUT WHAT PURPOSE DOES IT HAVE?


There are MANY factors that go into a games possibility to freeze.... it could be a failing hdd, it could be a corrupted file/sector on the hdd, it could be the ps3 overheating, it could be a multitudeof factors that not even a developer/publisher can anticipate. 

Theres no exact science to solve any freezing issues. Usually, they are the hardest to sort out and often times they are never fixed because its usually never replicated in the same instance it froze previously...


I don't think you understand whats going on.


 

So anyway lets get foot of the pedal and lower the gear Cat Wink so this thread wont turn unpleasant.

Sadly there are very consistent problems with particular games which are affecting only some systems and I am very interested in cause of this or a fix.

Check the link he posted, users will mention that they also have problem in same place and if you check forums you will notice that those balloon missions causing problem for some people.

He mentioned he have the same kind so I assumed he meant those very replicable freezes, like the one in GoW3 where people would always froze in same place with no exceptions or uncharted which freeze on some systems in same spot.

 

 

Message 17 of 28 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2241 posts
 

Re: Sony games that lock up!!!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

It dont suprise me.  Every since 4.0 and up- updates.  My system always goes thru the corruption test on a unplug or power outage.  The only games that seem to be causing lockups that i need to unplug is Sony games?  Go figure.  I sent this ps3 in after update 4.10 and they sent me one back?  New or used it has a sticker on bottom?  They have said this is a good system and the only games that do that lockup so bad you have to pull the plug is Sony games so, I dont know what else to tell them?

 

I did say two file systems on same hard drive is bad idea in past posts when thought i had to send the ps3 in.  Maybe it was just Infamous that was unacceptable?    However every since the 4.10 and above updates ive had issues.  Im not the only one either, i just find it unbelievable the worst of my issues are with 1st party games?  Infamous is by far the worst, God of wars hardly ever lockup, part1 didnt at all in two playthrus.  Im just saying what i experienced before and after the patchs.  Infamous is horrible if you get lockups you have to unplug to, as i do.  Just on that game.  The others i mentioned are acceptable.

 

However,  i was having problems with Infamous though around the time of that 4.10 update i was playing it.   My Psn.com dates for infamous will tell you that story.  Some months i dont play the games.  I play mmos online sometimes.  Feb 2012 is when i was playing Infamous.  it was after the updates of 4.10, so i figured 4.10 fried system considering i never had a issue with Sony games in past.  However im getting better at playing the games now?

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 18 of 28 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/22/2012
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Sony games that lock up!!!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

TheDster wrote:

It dont suprise me.  Every since 4.0 and up- updates.  My system always goes thru the corruption test on a unplug or power outage.&nbsp


Actually it supose to do so if you unplug it without turning off or experience power outages so I am sure that part works as intended.

There is not much to add to discussion I think, this forum purelly user driven, if you are dissatisfied with sony producs then best place to express it would be sony user feedback, its a known fact that sony higher ups dont read this forum so anything you say here goes into void.

Anyway wish you luck with the problem if you ever find out what is the problem is, I hope you post it here.

Message 19 of 28 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2241 posts
 

Re: Sony games that lock up!!!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Its Infamous's so far.  You have a good day.  No other game locks up system so bad i have to unplug.  I dont think i had a broken ps3, i think the problem was Infamous all along.

 

Sony higher ups should know theres issues with their games, by now if not? Nowonder they are getting whooped by the Wii

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 20 of 28 (80 Views)
Reply
0 Likes