Wastelander
945 posts

Re: Sony entertainment Joke is currently busy

Dec 27, 2013

butimirish wrote:
High network volume. Sure sounds good, except when you provide network and hosting services for a living and understand the concept of capacity planning. Ever hear any major service (besides PSN) continually blame high network volume over several outages? YouTube, Yahoo, Bing, Pandora, Microsoft, Xbox, etc never have issues like this, because they have teams of folks that understand capacity planning and growth potential. What you see here at Sony is cost benefit analysis, some exec is happy with the team and service PSN provides and allows these outages to continue, instead of investing the tune and money to fix the real problem. If you always allow them to simply weather the storm and never demand they live up to expectations, then you will continue to get this garbage.

The your full of shh-o-meter just went nuclear!

Message 71 of 126 (406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 27, 2013

You Sony fanboys are way irrational. Irish makes good points. This isn't about trolling. No one is here because of the microsoft console they own. We all own a Sony console. How does that makes us trolls... and how does desiring good sercvice mean we lack common sense?

Message 72 of 126 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Dec 27, 2013

I still like Sony, SEN.  It was a free for 7+ years.  It's the day after Xmas so please relax.  Let's simply blame this on EA.

Message 73 of 126 (353 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 27, 2013
Sony doesn't host their own servers like Microsoft or Google. They instead rent out other servers and rely on that output to satisfy the daily consumer or player, however you want to put that.

To be honest, this is the first time I have had trouble with my PS4, and I waited in line for mine opening day. Even though all I play is 2K, I still would like the chance to chat with my friends, or even chat with players on the game. This network problem is probably one of many to come, and likewise, saying you're a PS vet, I would take it that even you have complained many times about the various network problems that have occurred.

Either way, for PS Plus you paid the price and this is what you have received. SO FAR. It's going to get better, and it may hit some rough patches but we as consumers just have to push through. The thing I like about PS Plus is the influx of games Sony gives away for free only to PS Plus members. Those will add up! Of course, we didn't expect a perfect network, but many of us, obviously new owners didn't expect a laggy and frustrating network either.

But all in all I wanted to rant, sorry.
I still love my PS4.
Message 74 of 126 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Funny you never mentioned Facebook or Twitter, both of which have millions of users and have outages on occasion.

You can't estimate feelings. You can't determine exactly how many people will be buying the system. So what if they do it for a living? You can't expect an exact measure. They weren't ready. So what?

What do you suggest people do? Sit here and complain? As said, execs are happy with the money, why should they listen? You accepted the TOS. You accepted the fact this can happen.

Message 75 of 126 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 27, 2013
Plus, I was always an Xbox owner, but I decided to switch because I believe the Playstation has more to offer.
Message 76 of 126 (337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 27, 2013

You tell them Wayside !

Message 77 of 126 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 27, 2013
Just wanna say mine wasn't working either, I unplugged the ps4, unplugged therouter,waited 1 min,powered back on the router, waited for all lights to reappear, then plug back in ps4 and switched my network settings from cable to wireless, so it prob works vice versa, good luck!
Message 78 of 126 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6223 posts

Dec 27, 2013
I could deal with this when playing online was FREE, but now that we have to fork over 50 bucks a year to play online this is getting ridiculous lately. At least once a week, or every other week PSN tends to go down. Not that I did not expect it with all the people getting the system for Christmas, but I am still disappointed this is happening on a continuous basis.
Message 79 of 126 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
945 posts

Dec 27, 2013

and the troll kids keep on rolling.

Message 80 of 126 (374 Views)
0 Likes