Feb 26 2009
By: Chezzik First Son 13 posts

Sony does not honor Sony Card promotion!

11 replies 93 views Edited Feb 26, 2009

Is anyone else having troubles with the Sony Card promotions?

I signed up for a Sony card for the express purpose of receiving the $150 back on my first sonystyle purchase.  The card didn't arrive for a while, and when it finally did arrive, I didn't see the promotion anymore at sonystyle.com.

Before making my sonystyle purchase that day (Jan 2, 2009), I called sonystyle to confirm that I was still able to get the $150 off, since I didn't see it being applied to my cart.  He forwarded me to Sony Rewards, who checked my card, and confirmed that the first purchase with my card at sonystyle.com would qualify for the $150 back promotion.  He said that it would appear as a credit on my first statement.

I have my statement in hand now, and no promotion was given.  I spent about 1.5 hours on the phone today with Sony Rewards, who say that my account was active since October 31, so my purchase was outside of the 45 day window for the promotion, even though there was no such window for this promotion.

It looks like I am now out $150 of my own money.  I would have never signed up for the card if I would have known that I wouldn't be able to get the promotion, and I would have never bought the PS3 if I thought that I might be charged a full $428.  

Anyone else having any issues?  Anyone else have any suggestions on how to fight this?

Message 1 of 12 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3737 posts

Re: Sony does not honor Sony Card promotion!

Feb 26, 2009

Dude, that promotion was from Chase, not Sony.  You need to be calling the credit card company and **bleep**ing up a storm with them.  Sony has no way to credit you the money.

Message 2 of 12 (93 Views)
Wastelander
884 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Dude, that is a total bummer...That is a great promo, I did the same thing and know a couple other people that took advantage of it as well. I would say to keep calling them and sending e-mails to everyone you can at the CC company.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil.  But those promos have so much fine print that you may just be outa luck. At least you got a nice shiny new PS3

Message 3 of 12 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Feb 26, 2009
the good thing about a credit card is that you can pay overtime... so what if you paid more than what you thought.... so you paid retail for it, now you have a PS3 so enjoy the gaming
Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 12 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 26, 2009

O_Town_Racer wrote:

Dude, that promotion was from Chase, not Sony.  You need to be calling the credit card company and **bleep**ing up a storm with them.  Sony has no way to credit you the money.

Well, it was definitely from "Sony Rewards", not Chase.  Chase just provides the credit card, but Sony Rewards created and advertised the promotion. 

If I get money credited to the card, it will be from Sony Rewards, not Chase.

Message 5 of 12 (93 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Feb 26, 2009
You make it sound like paying the full price for the PS3 is a terrible thing... $428 is a little steep but affordable.
Message 6 of 12 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2958 posts

Feb 26, 2009
I did this promotion and received my 150 dollar credit..You obviously didnt read the instructions on the website after you were approved for the card. You had to go back to the web page were it showed the deal, then enter your promo code that you received in an email and it was automatically credited to your account.
000albert_pujols
albert
Message 7 of 12 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 27, 2009

stlcardinal9 wrote:
I did this promotion and received my 150 dollar credit..You obviously didnt read the instructions on the website after you were approved for the card. You had to go back to the web page were it showed the deal, then enter your promo code that you received in an email and it was automatically credited to your account.

Well, like I said, I was not auto-approved when I signed up.  I didn't get any code, I was just told that I would receive my card if I was approved through the mail. I called to ask why my approval wasn't immediate, and they said that sometimes the system is behind and cannot do automatic approvals.

I have saved all my emails.  None of them have a promo code.  When I called on the phone to order, I was told that the promo was "enabled on my card", and it would happen automatically with the first purchase I made at sonystyle.com.

Message 8 of 12 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 2, 2009
I NEVER RECEIVED MY $150 back and it's been more than 16 weeks already! I applied for the $150 off $299 purchase or more Sony card before the deadline, and I was approved. After 45 days, I called to see if I was still eligible for the $150 off $299 or more (I spoke to 2 different sony card service representatives), and they both told me I was still eligible as long as I make the purchase from Sony Style. I made the purchase on November 17th, 2008 from a brick and mortar Sony Style retail store in Houston, TX, but I never received my $150 back (and it's been more than 16 weeks!). I've called over 10 times and they are giving me the run around and refusing to honor the $150 back to my account. Last week they claimed they had no promotion on file for me, and today they are saying that I didn't make the purchase within 45 days! Is anyone else having this problem of Sony not honoring the credit back!?
Message 9 of 12 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Apr 2, 2009

dresnightfire wrote:
I NEVER RECEIVED MY $150 back and it's been more than 16 weeks already! I applied for the $150 off $299 purchase or more Sony card before the deadline, and I was approved. After 45 days, I called to see if I was still eligible for the $150 off $299 or more (I spoke to 2 different sony card service representatives), and they both told me I was still eligible as long as I make the purchase from Sony Style. I made the purchase on November 17th, 2008 from a brick and mortar Sony Style retail store in Houston, TX, but I never received my $150 back (and it's been more than 16 weeks!). I've called over 10 times and they are giving me the run around and refusing to honor the $150 back to my account. Last week they claimed they had no promotion on file for me, and today they are saying that I didn't make the purchase within 45 days! Is anyone else having this problem of Sony not honoring the credit back!?

wow what a coincidence, did you just register today to say this??...sry but hard to believe

Message 10 of 12 (93 Views)
0 Likes