Mar 31 2014
By: grabthehoopka First Son 1 posts

Sony, can you please add Forbidden Siren 2 to PSN?

[ Edited ]
13 replies 1386 views Edited Mar 31, 2014

Dear Sony:

Please, oh please release Forbidden Siren 2 on PSN as a PS2 classic.  I don't know if anyone has asked you to do this before, but I'll try to present the best argument I can.  Siren is a survival horror game released on the PS2, and released on the PSN as a PS2 classic.  Project Siren made a sequel, Forbidden Siren 2, but it was only released in Japan and Europe.  It has not seen an official American release since then.  You can change that.  Allow me to present some arguments:

-You have released imported games on PSN before, so we know it's possible

-You released Siren, the first game, on PSN, so you must have some faith in the series

-Survival Horror games are starting to slowly make a comeback thanks to let's players on youtube

-Releasing a sequel to a slightly-obscure franchise with a cult following that was unreleased in the US would show that you're dedicated to pleasing all fanbases and be good PR

And lastly, I know that I would gladly pay for the privelage and convenience to play this on my PS3, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Right now, my options are to buy a TV that supports the PAL region, buy a copy of the game on the internet from a third party source, mod my PS2, or buy a PAL region PS2.  Or, I could download an emulator on the internet and just play it for free.  Basically, there's currently no option that isn't expensive or illegal for me, or that would result in you making a single cent off the transaction.  You can change that.

So, in conclusion, Forbidden Siren 2 would be a good, profitable choice to be added to the PS2 classics library.

Sincerely, 

Grabthehoopka

Long time loyal fan, dumb name

Mod Edit: Edited title for clarity. Click here for more information on labels, and here for information on our Rules of Conduct and Forum Guidelines

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Message 1 of 14 (1,386 Views)
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Re: Sony, can you please add Forbidden Siren 2 to PSN?

Mar 31, 2014

Indeed That was one of the most  frightening horror games ever, as It would be nice to see even the complete Fatal Frame series on EU store or retailed ver. as a collection trilogy. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 14 (1,366 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 26, 2014

I 2nd THIS!!! I've been waiting YEARS for Sony to bring Forbidden Siren 2 to PSN. Hope filled me when it was announced that the first game would be released. I figured that the sequel would shortly follow. But that was in the january of 2013. I don't understand what their reasoning is. The 2nd game was10x better than the first. So I don't understand why they would release the first and not the 2nd

Message 3 of 14 (1,203 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5698 posts

May 26, 2014

I would like to see Fatal Frame on PS4 on the USA store as well for PS4 remastered that would be epic

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 4 of 14 (1,199 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2599 posts

May 26, 2014

YES!

I would love this. I love Siren 1 and Siren Blood Curse. Thanks to sony not releasing Siren 2 in the US, I never got to play it! From what I seen and heard, its a fantastic and terrifying game!

Please import this sony! 

Message 5 of 14 (1,184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 21, 2014

I have been waiting to play Forbidden Siren 2 for a long long time Smiley Sad

I have only played the original Siren and Siren Blood Curse.  Siren 2 is not in the USA which is huge disappointment Smiley Sad

Hope they release it on PSN so I can buy and download it Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 14 (1,092 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2015

There is a porblem with this game when running in ps2_netemu (PS3's PS2 software emulator) , that's why it wasn't released along with Siren in PSN. 

However, it's easily fixable and it already has been fixed in PCSX2 (PC's PS2 emulator). Peculiar  thing is that ps2_netemu has the exactly same problem in this game as PCSX2 had until it had been fixed. The problem is so-called SPS (Spiky Polygon Syndrome): occasional graphical glitches when textures stretch across the screen ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie7O43vP6z8&feature=player_detailpage#t=166 ), otherwise, ps2_netemu emulates it perfectly. As far as I know, PCSX2 team fixed it quite easily with help of config file, the thread on pcsx2 forums:  http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-bug-report-Forbidden-Siren-2-Pal?page=6. It was something to do with COP2 flags which weren't emulated correcly.

I believe the problem can be fixed very easily on ps2_netemu too by analogy with how it was done on PCSX2. Now if only someone could forward this info to PS2 Classics team

FS2 is one of the absolutely best , hardcore and deepest surhors out there, mustplay for all surhor fans, my most favourite game too. It would be pity if it wasn't re-released as PS2 Classics and forgotten.

Message 7 of 14 (714 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2015

OK I have never heard of this game. But many say it is a good scary game. I googled it to see who sells it so I can try it out on my dusty ps2........the only copies available are over seas......why is that.....none here in the U.S.

and why are there two.....one is siren and siren 2

then also forbidden siren 2?

PROUD Owner:
PS 1-4
Xbox 1-3
PSN: LEGENDARY70
XBOX LIVE: LEGENDARY70
 photo mohberet_zpsaq2wqxd2.jpg

CARRY ON!!!!
Message 8 of 14 (678 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2015

LEGENDARY70 wrote:

OK I have never heard of this game. But many say it is a good scary game. I googled it to see who sells it so I can try it out on my dusty ps2........the only copies available are over seas......why is that.....none here in the U.S.

and why are there two.....one is siren and siren 2

then also forbidden siren 2?

The second game never has been released in Amarica, only in Japan and Europe. Also, Siren and Forbidden Siren are just different names of the same game, it was called Siren in Japan/NA, and Forbidden Siren in Europe. So, in NA only the first game was releaed: Siren, in Europe were released both classic games of the series: Forbidden Siren 1 and Forbidden Siren 2. I hope they'll fix the bug I described earlier and release the game also in NA.

However, beware. Along with Siren/FS1 it's the most difficult game I ever played, it requires almost inhuman attention to details (the series has TONS of these), lots of tries and patience to solve it without guides. There is a PS3 remake of the first game which is called Siren: Blood Curse,  you may try it before plunging into the classic games, it's much more accessible, understandable (in terms of the story) and shorter than original, but still the excellent surhor from the same team. If you like it, then you're ready for the much harder and  complex (F)S1/2.

Message 9 of 14 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

May 26, 2015

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

I would like to see Fatal Frame on PS4 on the USA store as well for PS4 remastered that would be epic

Nintendo actually owns the Fatal Frame IP (well co-owns) Tecom can re-release the PS2 games as they were, but all new entries or remakes will be on Nintendo platforms.

As for Siren 2 did it even english release?

Message 10 of 14 (654 Views)
0 Likes