Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 5, 2011

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

So we are really only allowed to use one PSN account on the Vita? Really? Why??? How are me and my brother going to share the Vita?

How do you share the PSP? The PSP also has only 1 account limit.

-Doppel D.
_______________________________________________________
TROPHIES ~ YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET ~ DRAGON CAVE

I did not. I had my own PSP at one point and he had his own. I of course no longer have mine but rather than getting a new PSP I decided to wait for the Vita.  Since the Vita is at $250 dollars, we were planning on sharing it, at least for now.

Message 41 of 61 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/30/2005
Offline
2966 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 5, 2011

Icestar10 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

So we are really only allowed to use one PSN account on the Vita? Really? Why??? How are me and my brother going to share the Vita?

How do you share the PSP? The PSP also has only 1 account limit.

-Doppel D.
_______________________________________________________
TROPHIES ~ YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET ~ DRAGON CAVE

I did not. I had my own PSP at one point and he had his own. I of course no longer has mine but rather than getting a new PSP I decided to wait for the Vita.  Since the Vita is at $250 dollars, we were planning on sharing it, at least for now.

out of the 2 psp's i have (psp 2000 and psp go) im able to use my game downloads on both psp's since they are registered to the same account. Soon i will give away my psp 2000 to a friend that recently had a stroke, so i can have my psp go and new vita as my 2 handhelds on my account to share game downloads. Sony treats vita's and older psp's as handhelds and will count them as the same and not different. So this might help depending on what acount you link them to. Maybe you should chose the account that has the most downloadable content you or your brother has already purchased. If you brother has the account with the most downloads then i would say chose his so that he can keep his psp registered and your vita. but this might cause problems down the road when he gets his own vita. When that happens you might want to switch permissions from his old psp to his new vita. Sony allows device switching only once every 6 months so chose wisly. Sony now has a way to remove old psp's and ps3's from an account and a way to set permissions per device on sonys site(or a sister site).

Just look at what you got and chose what is more conveniant.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 42 of 61 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 6, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

So we are really only allowed to use one PSN account on the Vita? Really? Why??? How are me and my brother going to share the Vita?

How do you share the PSP? The PSP also has only 1 account limit.

-Doppel D.
_______________________________________________________
TROPHIES ~ YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET ~ DRAGON CAVE

I did not. I had my own PSP at one point and he had his own. I of course no longer has mine but rather than getting a new PSP I decided to wait for the Vita.  Since the Vita is at $250 dollars, we were planning on sharing it, at least for now.

out of the 2 psp's i have (psp 2000 and psp go) im able to use my game downloads on both psp's since they are registered to the same account. Soon i will give away my psp 2000 to a friend that recently had a stroke, so i can have my psp go and new vita as my 2 handhelds on my account to share game downloads. Sony treats vita's and older psp's as handhelds and will count them as the same and not different. So this might help depending on what acount you link them to. Maybe you should chose the account that has the most downloadable content you or your brother has already purchased. If you brother has the account with the most downloads then i would say chose his so that he can keep his psp registered and your vita. but this might cause problems down the road when he gets his own vita. When that happens you might want to switch permissions from his old psp to his new vita. Sony allows device switching only once every 6 months so chose wisly. Sony now has a way to remove old psp's and ps3's from an account and a way to set permissions per device on sonys site(or a sister site).

Just look at what you got and chose what is more conveniant.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

I am sorry to hear your friend had a stroke.

Yeah, we'll just have to choose the account with the most downloads. Although there could still be some problems with the trophy thing. lol

Message 43 of 61 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/22/2004
Offline
3460 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 6, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

Same can be said for anyone that refuses to see things from a different point of view no matter what side of the fence your on. It effects everyone and not just a select few...dont you agree. Ether way we have to live with Sony's choices, not yours or mine but Sony's.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

That's not how the consumer market works though. If there is enough outrage, companies must adapt to it. For example, enough people complained about 3DS's lack of a second stick, and now it's getting one.  We're in power here cause Sony wants our money. Just like how Nintendo was forced to lower the price of the 3DS cause it has so many flaws people didn't find it's price worth it.

So again its Sony's choices that we the customer have to live with.

Sony disagrees however. Hence why they set up the share.blog site. So we can tell them how to change.

Sony wouldn't have set up that site if they didnt want our suggestions. The whole point of it was so we didn't have to live with their choices.

BTW i still havent seen any proof your claiming to have.
_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

But my point is, you're not giving proof. So if you want any, you must provide some. It's a 2 way street.

And what proof did I claim to have? The Tapwave Zodiac? Alright, what do you want to know about it. I own one and it's in the cabinet next to me.

And if you keep going down this road again i will inturpret your posts the same way.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

By all means do it in the SAME WAY. Simply to shorten posts. But don't deliberatly alter the meaning as you have before.

Sorry to say but old psp system hardware is not what we are refering here.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Then you're not being specific enough, all my claims were backed up.

Still you have not given any proof that says sony made the game cards seperate because they didnt think of it,

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

You havent given any proof sony did it for piracy. You havent given any proof Sony did think of it.

The fact that you cant find proof they did think about it, is evidence they didn't.

That's kind of the only proof of not thinking about something you can get.

So unless you want to drop the claim that its for piracy, you cant use that a reason for my to drop my claim. Cause the logic works on your point. Though Sony has talked quite a bit about piracy and never once mentioned the cards SHAPE was to prevent it. So evidence isnt on your side here.

So if sony is making prioritized memory cards/sticks and making the games cards different for profit and security reasons says sony did think of the game cards and memory sticks along with all the other hardware in the Vita

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Thats not how it works. Sony has talked quite a bit about piracy and never once mentioned the cards SHAPE was to prevent it. So evidence isnt on your side here.

The links imply you're wrong, not vice versa

Message 44 of 61 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/30/2005
Offline
2966 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 6, 2011

So let me ask. Did you even read the artical in the link you provided?

Techni wrote:

BTW i still havent seen any proof your claiming to have.
_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

But my point is, you're not giving proof. So if you want any, you must provide some. It's a 2 way street.

Well, you where nice to give me all the proof i needed and since its proof you provided means it must be a creditable source.

Techni wrote:

Still you have not given any proof that says sony made the game cards seperate because they didnt think of it,

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

You havent given any proof sony did it for piracy. You havent given any proof Sony did think of it.

The fact that you cant find proof they did think about it, is evidence they didn't.

That's kind of the only proof of not thinking about something you can get.

So unless you want to drop the claim that its for piracy, you cant use that a reason for my to drop my claim. Cause the logic works on your point. Though Sony has talked quite a bit about piracy and never once mentioned the cards SHAPE was to prevent it. So evidence isnt on your side here.

The proof is right in front of your face and your refusing to see it. Its in the pictures from many websites, its in many articals that you probably have read. and you still dont see it. The pictures sony provided that show the game cards and the memory sticks/cards show the cards to be different from each other as in the game cards are not shaped  the same as the memory sticks. Sony didnt need a news confrence to say why, they show it in a nice big picture for ppl to see and study. the only next thing that we the customer should ask that most news companies dont is WHY is the game card shaped differently from the memory stick/card.

See you can go on and on why sony dont just make them the same or just say sony made them different because they didnt think about it. But clearly from the link YOU provided tells all and proves you WRONG with your claims that sony didnt think about it. Case in point. The artical points out many things from Why the memory cards are proprietary.

List goes:

1. to have the cards work equaly, as in work pretty much the same in all vita's.

2. Sony was concerned with security, as in with any type of hacking or pirating issues.

3.And be more secure for data and more.

See what your not getting is sony thought of these security concerns from the get go. Looking at the problems from the psp's long history of hacks and other problems. So before anything started in production, sony and the engineers worked out everything on paper first before moving to the parts and trying to fit them together, and in that process they put in the physical and software form of drm. What your still not seeing is the games cards are different for a reason and i seen this a mile away. This is the same thinking of why they went with the umd in the original psp. They wanted a format that would not be easily accessed by any after market reader. Basicly the games cards are made in a way so ppl cannot easily toss in a after market reader just like the umd or into the memory slot that will be on the vita. The game cards are made different then the memory cards to keep ppl from ACCIDENTLY putting them in the memory card slot to accidently currupt the game or, haven forbid, try to hack the card.

Sorry but the game card slot will not have direct access to PC like the memory card will and sony wanted to make this clear in the shape of the game cards and the memory cards, they dont want the memory cards in the game card slots on the chance it can cause security issues.

So again the cards are different and will be for the life time of the vita, The cards will not be changed due to the fact ppl would get made if a new version of vita came out that would not use the older game cards or memory sticks. Which btw you pointed out many times with how the psp go was handled.

Sony did think of the game cards and memory cards from the get go. So this says your claims that sony didnt think of it is totaly and unrefutably WRONG and i have to thank you for the wonderfull artical link that you provided as proof.

Here is the link btw http://psp.ign.com/articles/121/1213857p1.html

I would suggest you go back and re-read the artical.

Techni wrote:

So if sony is making prioritized memory cards/sticks and making the games cards different for profit and security reasons says sony did think of the game cards and memory sticks along with all the other hardware in the Vita

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Thats not how it works. Sony has talked quite a bit about piracy and never once mentioned the cards SHAPE was to prevent it. So evidence isnt on your side here. The links imply you're wrong.

Again sony doesnt have to talk about the shape unless some news grp asks about it, but its clear from the many pictures sony has given showing the game cards that they are different for a reason and since the memory cards are proprietary for performance and security reasons means the game cards are made the way they are for a reason wich says you claim they didnt think about it all WRONG.

And to be more on topic: Ya the memory cards being proprietary does suck. It will make some customers angry. But the thing is, its a entertainment device that is an optional product that ppl can purchase if they chose to. If you dont like the conditions, then dont buy it. If you accept what is offered, then spend the money. Its the same with any device you buy now days, you buy it because you accept the conditions the device comes with. Granted you can yell and scream that you dont like some of the conditions or features of the product, but its still down to what the company choses to put in the product at a later date and not everyone will like those changes. So agian its down to what the customer accepts. Even if its because of security and performace issues.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 45 of 61 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/22/2004
Offline
3460 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 6, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

So let me ask. Did you even read the artical in the link you provided?

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Yes, it does not say what you claimed. It does not say they considered my idea.

The proof is right in front of your face and your refusing to see it. Its in the pictures from many websites, its in many articals that you probably have read. and you still dont see it. The pictures sony provided that show the game cards and the memory sticks/cards show the cards to be different from each other as in the game cards are not shaped  the same as the memory sticks

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

I never denied that they weren't the same shape. So saying "I don't see it", doesn't apply.

Sony didnt need a news confrence to say why,

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

You said they did. You said Sony had to say something for it to be proof of my claims, therefore they have to say something for it to be proof of yours. You can't make up rules that only apply to me.

The artical points out many things from Why the memory cards are proprietary.

List goes:

1. to have the cards work equaly, as in work pretty much the same in all vita's.

2. Sony was concerned with security, as in with any type of hacking or pirating issues.

3.And be more secure for data and more.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Yes, and shaping them the same as the game cards would still meet those requirements. It would still be proprietary. The game cards are proprietary. Therefor none of that conflicts with my claim. But you knew this already since I've said it repeatedly over many months. Ive even said it in this thread


Basicly the games cards are made in a way so ppl cannot easily toss in a after market reader just like the umd.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

1) Being the same shape as the game card would still meet that requirement. There is no after market reader for the game card.

2) WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN AN AFTERMARKET UMD READER?

The game cards are made different then the memory cards to keep ppl from ACCIDENTLY putting them in the memory card slot to accidently currupt the game or hevan forbid try to hack the card.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Um, you're ignoring the Tapwave Zodiac again. Being shaped the same would mean the slots aren't for one kind of card. Either card can go in either slot. And as previous people told you, hacking has nothing to do with this.

Again, in the Tapwave you can put 2 SD cards, or 2 game cards, or 1 of each. It doesnt matter what slot it goes in.

You need to actually know what my idea is before you can speak against it.

I don't understand how you don't know this. We've literally talked about this for MONTHS. The reason I suggested it was so you could put 2 memory cards in Vita. Meaning it wouldnt matter what slot they go in. You KNEW that! I even said it in this thread!

You've got critical things wrong that I've told you TODAY, that tells me you don't know what you're arguing against. Just the who,

Sorry but the game card slot will not have direct access to PC like the memory card will and sony wanted to make this clear in the shape of the game cards and the memory cards, they dont want the memory cards in the game card slots on the chace it can cause security issues.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

There is no chance it can cause security issues. You also don't get to say what Sony wants without backing it up, you demanded proof from me, you have to provide it too.

So again the cards are different and will be for the life time of the vita, 
_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Except you can't guarantee that without a time machine. PSP switched from memory stick to micro. 3DS switched from 1 analog stick to 2. 360 switched from bulky external harddrives to smaller internal ones, and from memory cards to USB, and from no internal memory to having some. You're making claims you can't prove for another 6 years!


Sony did think of the game cards and memory cards from the get go. So this says your claims that sony didnt think of it is totalyy and unrefutably WRONG

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Um, no it doesnt. You haven't proven your claim that they have. Which would mean you haven't proven me wrong.

None of the evidence backs your claim, Sony went in depth on anti-piracy measures and they NEVER mentioned using the same shape for both cards.

Here is the link btw http://psp.ign.com/articles/121/1213857p1.html

I would suggest you go back and re-read the artical.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

I would suggest you do. Find where they mention my idea, cause I can't find it.

Again sony doesnt have to talk about the shape unless some news grp asks about it, 
_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

So you're saying you don't have to back up your claims, but I do. No, it's either we both do, or neither do.

but its clear from the many pictures sony has given showing the game cards that they are different for a reason

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

That's not a logical conclusion. In fact, there is a name for what you did: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning you tried that above to.

And if it were, it wouldn't mean it was for any of the reasons you gave. Especially since none of them apply.

None of your reasons applied to the tapwave zodiac which did what I suggested.

you claim they didnt think about it all WRONG.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Which you havent proved. Which makes me right, until you can actually get a statement from Sony saying otherwise.

Message 46 of 61 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/30/2005
Offline
2966 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 6, 2011

Techni wrote:

Naquiel wrote:

So let me ask. Did you even read the artical in the link you provided?

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Yes, it does not say what you claimed. It does not say they considered my idea.

MY OPINION was that sony COULD OF made the cards different because of hacking and piracy problems. The artical proved me right.

And really, like some sony rep is going to stop and take time to say your idea was wrong is not ever going to happen. Im looking at the facts and what sony has done and said. You just asking me for proof that your idea was shot down by sony is at best a search for proof that will never come. All i did was point out from proof you provided where a sony rep stated why the memory cards where made proprietary due to performance issues and security concerns.

Just live with the fact that the game cards and memory sticks/cards will not be the same, end of story, thats it!!! Unless you can pull a artical that says otherwise. So any other argument is done and over and you where wrong and proven by the very link you provided. So what else shall we argue about.

BTW Sony is Sony and will do what Sony does. If sony wanted to do what another company does with their products to deal with hacking and piracy, they would of chose to go that direction. But since there are other ways to deal with specific problems, Sony chose a different way. I keep pointing this out but you just keep ignoring the other options out there. You keep thinking sony needs to chose only one way to deal with something and i keep pointing out many that you refuse to accept as options that sony could chose to use. Sorry but sony is not doing things YOUR way, they do them sonys way.

I just cant believe your asking for exact proof that a sony rep shot down your idea as the only proof that says your wrong. Really, i think this argument is done and over since your asking for specific proof that your never going to get. You provided enough proof for everyone here reading this thread can see your wrong and you going so far to specificly ask for proof that will never come just shows your trying not to lose this argument by any means. So good luck and please admit that your wrong every now and then or better yet, just dont post and let the argument die off into the posts of time.

And again to keep on topic. Sony didnt mess things up totaly with the vita, Just a small part due to past experiances with older products, but try to see the other good things sony has done for the vita to make up for the memory cards being a little pricy.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 47 of 61 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13655 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 6, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

Techni wrote:

Naquiel wrote:

So let me ask. Did you even read the artical in the link you provided?

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Yes, it does not say what you claimed. It does not say they considered my idea.

MY OPINION was that sony COULD OF made the cards different because of hacking and piracy problems. The artical proved me right.

And really, like some sony rep is going to stop and take time to say your idea was wrong is not ever going to happen. Im looking at the facts and what sony has done and said. You just asking me for proof that your idea was shot down by sony is at best a search for proof that will never come. All i did was point out from proof you provided where a sony rep stated why the memory cards where made proprietary due to performance issues and security concerns.

Just live with the fact that the game cards and memory sticks/cards will not be the same, end of story, thats it!!! Unless you can pull a artical that says otherwise. So any other argument is done and over and you where wrong and proven by the very link you provided. So what else shall we argue about.

BTW Sony is Sony and will do what Sony does. If sony wanted to do what another company does with their products to deal with hacking and piracy, they would of chose to go that direction. But since there are other ways to deal with specific problems, Sony chose a different way. I keep pointing this out but you just keep ignoring the other options out there. You keep thinking sony needs to chose only one way to deal with something and i keep pointing out many that you refuse to accept as options that sony could chose to use. Sorry but sony is not doing things YOUR way, they do them sonys way.

I just cant believe your asking for exact proof that a sony rep shot down your idea as the only proof that says your wrong. Really, i think this argument is done and over since your asking for specific proof that your never going to get. You provided enough proof for everyone here reading this thread can see your wrong and you going so far to specificly ask for proof that will never come just shows your trying not to lose this argument by any means. So good luck and please admit that your wrong every now and then or better yet, just dont post and let the argument die off into the posts of time.

And again to keep on topic. Sony didnt mess things up totaly with the vita, Just a small part due to past experiances with older products, but try to see the other good things sony has done for the vita to make up for the memory cards being a little pricy.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Out of interest, what other "good things" did sony do to make up for that fact?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 48 of 61 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/10/2011
Offline
281 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 6, 2011

Out of interest, what other "good things" did sony do to make up for that fact?

Did you really just ask that question. They have added an additional analogue stick to the Vita and made it a powerhouse of a handheld. The thing also has two touchscreens, a launch line up to make me cry with joy and all the other built in features within the UI. THey are selling the machine at a loss anyway so what do you expect. They could make the Vita $400 and the cards $10. Would you buy it then?

I'm tired of the stupid arguements about the Vita's memory cards. They are going to be the way they are so just get on with it. No one can confirm 100% the reason for the decision unless Sony comes out and makes a statement, otherwise it's all speculation.

If you like the Vita then buy it, if you don't like it then move on.

Message 49 of 61 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13655 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 6, 2011

bidbaldwolf86 wrote:

Out of interest, what other "good things" did sony do to make up for that fact?

Did you really just ask that question. They have added an additional analogue stick to the Vita and made it a powerhouse of a handheld. The thing also has two touchscreens, a launch line up to make me cry with joy and all the other built in features within the UI. THey are selling the machine at a loss anyway so what do you expect. They could make the Vita $400 and the cards $10. Would you buy it then?

I'm tired of the stupid arguements about the Vita's memory cards. They are going to be the way they are so just get on with it. No one can confirm 100% the reason for the decision unless Sony comes out and makes a statement, otherwise it's all speculation.

If you like the Vita then buy it, if you don't like it then move on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm not talking about good things in general, I mean the good things they did to make up for high prices for memory. There's a difference, so don't lecture me about the features of the Vita, I know them all. I'm just wondering if he meant Sony did something SPECIFICALLY that helps appease anyone complaining about memory prices. (And if they made the Vita and sold it for $400, they wouldn't be selling at a loss anymore).

And to make a new statement on your last sentence: If you're tired of the stupid arguments about the Vita's memory cards, stop reading them and posting on them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 50 of 61 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes