Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 5, 2011

@Techni  well maybe sony does not want to open up the option of the pandora battery thing again I do not know. about the hole TV out thing Sony had said nothing on this matter. So anyone can say whatever they want on that matter since all of it becomes subjective.  also sony has said that you can use a ps3 controler for the ps vita. maybe not at launch but you will be able to. again though unless there is a TV out like option why in the world would you want to?

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 31 of 61 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Dec 5, 2011

Wow.. Just wow..

There are versions of the PSP (not including the go) Sony blocked the battery trick on.. Sorry to burst your bubble.. You can NOT go out to the store and buy a PSP today and hack it with the battery trick unless that store is carrying a VERY old version.

Also something I meant to say above..

Anyone that knows anything on how the hacks work would know that storage devices has little to nothing to detour piracy as it's the firmware/os that is compromised which already has access to the storage device decrypted..

The PR reasoning is just that, PR..

Message 32 of 61 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 5, 2011

@JohnRKlein well for someone who does not know what PR really is you sure are acting like you do. PR is half truths. so that when peope look into it they see ah they are telling the truth. so then they leave that alone even though there is more to it then just that.

again Sony is trying to make it as hard as they can for the hackers. the fact is though everything can be hacked there is no hack proof. also you trying to speculate how Sony has made or what kind of security is on the ps vita you have no idea nor do any of us.

also people who know hacks know there are hardware blockers that do exist if it is made into said device. not just firmware.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 33 of 61 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3460 posts

Dec 5, 2011

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

The price of the memory cards is the only thing Sony is messing up with the Vita so far.

My Game Library: Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Little Big Planet, Infamous, Infamous 2, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Blur, Sports Champions. PSN: ScreamAimFire999

And:

-Removing the ability to sync to a cell phone via bluetooth

-Removing the ability to use a PS3 controller via bluetooth

-Not updating bluetooth in any way, ie: to add keyboard support

-Removing TV out

-Removing the standard USB port, and replacing it with a bigger dock connector that doesn't even add any functionality

-Removing the ability to use it as a standard USB harddrive

-Removing the XMB

-Not making the memory card the same shape as the game card so downloaders can have 2 memory cards, or simply by using memorysticks

-Not having multiple profile support like PS3 so you can import PSN content from other regions

-Using only a 0.3 megapixel camera (PSP used 1.3, Xperia Play used 5.0)

-Not making the battery removable

-Not having proper backwards compatibility

-Not enabling RemotePlay on every game

-Not having a PS1 emulator (or other old systems) and in-game web browsing at launch

Incagneto wrote:

@Techni  well maybe sony does not want to open up the option of the pandora battery thing again I do not know.

But that option was already removed. It's gone, blocked. It doesn't work.

also sony has said that you can use a ps3 controler for the ps vita. maybe not at launch but you will be able to.

Link? Cause I've read otherwise, and I loved that feature about PSP Go

again though unless there is a TV out like option why in the world would you want to?

http://sites.google.com/site/programalpha11/home/pspgo_main.jpg

Message 34 of 61 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 5, 2011

@Techni sorry I was wrong on that front I thought I remember reading somewhere you will be able to later on oh well I was wrong sorry.

Q: Can you use a commercially available Bluetooth keyboard / mouse? Can you connect the PS3 wireless controller to the PS Vita like the PSPgo?
A: No. Users cannot use commercially available Bluetooth keyboard / mouse or a PS3 wireless controller on the PS Vita

You can use the ps vita as a ps3 controller though maybe that is where I got mixed up.

Message 35 of 61 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Dec 5, 2011

Techni wrote:

JohnRKlein wrote:

Why did this turn into a piracy thread? 

Ignorance, that's why. Complete and utter ignorance. Piracy is being used as a scape goat by people who simply don't know any better and refuse to learn even when you slap them in the face with facts, month after month. These are the same people who feel the battery isn't removable cause of piracy, when later models of the PSP blocked using the battery for it. These ignorants blame piracy for everything, even the lack of TV out and using a PS3 controller like PSP go did.

Same can be said for anyone that refuses to see things from a different point of view no matter what side of the fence your on. It effects everyone and not just a select few...dont you agree. Ether way we have to live with Sony's choices, not yours or mine but Sony's.

Techni wrote:

The reason they are using a Sony memory card instead of a standard one is for the same reason they did it with the PSP, to make money.. They are quoted saying they did so that everyone has the "same experience" do to transfer speeds, not because of security.. But the reality is that they wanted to say the Vita price is only $249, when it's way over that do to the "required" separate expensive memory card.. It's a PR stunt to make the device look cheaper, face reality people! It's the same stuff MS did with the cheap XBOXs that had no HD.. These same boxes required a expensive MS HD later to play a large number of their games meaning you ended up paying more in the long run!

Exactly.

Also with a new system sony has every right to put other things in place to help prevent some other problems they have encountered in the past. So again its Sony's choices that we the customer have to live with.

Techni wrote:

Naquiel wrote:

Sorry techni but im refusing to argue with you untill you stop taking my FULL SENTENCES OUT OF CONTEXT. As in you butchering what i say.

I butchered nothing. I merely cut your quote down to shorten the length of my post. You can't claim I'm changing the context when your original post is there for everyone to see. Unless you're claiming I'm an admin and editing your posts too. You've been told this before, quit bringing up old arguments. You have enough new arguments to worry about rather than bringing up old ones you lost at.

I responded to your posts exactly how I interpreted you meant them. I didn't change the meaning. You on the other hand are threatening to do so, which is a big difference.

Sorry but you left out the full sentence as in "BTW i still havent seen any proof your claiming to have. If sony hasnt said anything that proves me right or any proof that says your right, it means we are both at a standstill and have to base things off of sonys actions that we already know as fact." You specificly left out the part that says"any proof that says your right" wich means you still havent supplied any proof that says your right ether hence why you still try to play this little game wich i will keep reporting you for it or i can do the same with your posts like last time. So please respond to my sentences in full or not at all. you cutting off part of the sentence totally changed the context of what i was saying.

And if you keep going down this road again i will inturpret your posts the same way. Im not threatning, im just informing that if you can do it so can I.

Techni wrote:

Naquiel wrote:

Techni wrote:

But no, I don't agree. The fact that it's gotten so much outrage that even Sony has been forced to reply to it makes it likely a future revision will have this flaw rectified. While they won't be using the same shape as the game cards, they'd use a standard like SD or heaven forbid, memory stick again. Just cause 1 model is out doesn't mean it's set in stone. PSP got component-out added, then it got composite-out added, then they switched to memory stick micro, and added bluetooth. The past of PSP doesn't support you. But then nothing does.

Sorry techni , provide links or it didnt happen.

Exactly my point. You're making claims and refusing to provide proof, while at the same time demanding I do.

So, thank you for negating your claim about Sony's reason for using a different card than the game card, since you refuse to provide a link.

You can not ask for the very things you refuse to provide. That's called hypocrisy.

As for my claims, what exactly do you want a link to? PSP 2000 getting component out? PSP 3000 getting composite out? PSP go switching to memory stick micro and getting bluetooth? Surely you, a PSP fan wouldn't need proof of the obvious.

Or Sony's admission that there is a lot of outrage over their poor decisions? http://psp.ign.com/articles/121/1213857p1.html

Sorry to say but old psp system hardware is not what we are refering here. We are talking about a new system all together and the choices sony makes with a all new system. If sony choses to make all the game cards and memory cards/sticks seperate fro said security reasons and profit making desisions, then that is their choice to make and for us the customer to choce or not. If we chose not to accept, then that is our choice to find another product. This is how companies work. Sony makes the product and we chose to buy it based on the conditions that sony gives. Its a take or leave situation. Still you have not given any proof that says sony made the game cards seperate because they didnt think of it, but clearly with the new link you posted and other ppl here looking at said link can clearly see that sony was quite clear on making the game cards seperate from the memory sticks/cards for a reason with proves your reasoning wrong...dont you think. So if sony is making prioritized memory cards/sticks and making the games cards different for profit and security reasons says sony did think of the game cards and memory sticks along with all the other hardware in the Vita means all your argument was WRONG. So thanks for the links that just proved you wrong.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 36 of 61 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Dec 5, 2011

So we are really only allowed to use one PSN account on the Vita? Really? Why??? How are me and my brother going to share the Vita?

Message 37 of 61 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Dec 5, 2011

Icestar10 wrote:

So we are really only allowed to use one PSN account on the Vita? Really? Why??? How are me and my brother going to share the Vita?

Easy. both of you share the same account. Each account can have up to 5 handhelds registered to that account and only 2 of those registered accounts can play any download you purchase (this for any new download you purchased after Nov 18th, any purchases before Nov 18th can be downloaded to all 5 handhelds). If you have both vitas registered to the same account then you both will be able to download any content you purchase.

Its a choice you have to make. Ether by the games seperatly for each account or have both vita's registered on one account to get the benifit of sharing a game.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 38 of 61 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

Dec 5, 2011

Icestar10 wrote:

How do you share the PSP? The PSP also has only 1 account limit.

Message 39 of 61 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Dec 5, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

Easy. both of you share the same account. Each account can have up to 5 handhelds registered to that account and only 2 of those registered accounts can play any download you purchase (this for any new download you purchased after Nov 18th, any purchases before Nov 18th can be downloaded to all 5 handhelds). If you have both vitas registered to the same account then you both will be able to download any content you purchase.

Its a choice you have to make. Ether by the games seperatly for each account or have both vita's registered on one account to get the benifit of sharing a game.

Alright, thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

Message 40 of 61 (91 Views)
0 Likes