Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 5, 2011

@JohnRKlein Sony has said it is for security and so everyone is using the same standard.  this would only matter is if you had to format your system to get a factory restart.it does not say you need to do this so the problem is mute. link below about the security of the memory card.

http://andriasang.com/comz65/vita_developer_interview/

on a side note the psp was easy to get a factory restart either not use it for a long time or just restart it. it never formatted the memory card inside when you did a factory restart. so again how is this one account thing a problem? since you can still change accounts when you do a factory restart. it is only a annoyance lets me honest here.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 21 of 61 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Dec 5, 2011

Why did this turn into a piracy thread?

To claim the PSP didn't do well was do to piracy is ignorant.. The DS is much easier to run pirated games then the PSP. On the DS, you just buy a simple 20 dollar device that holds all the "DS" games you want on any flavor of DS (including the 3DS).

The reason they are using a Sony memory card instead of a standard one is for the same reason they did it with the PSP, to make money.. They are quoted saying they did so that everyone has the "same experience" do to transfer speeds, not because of security.. But the reality is that they wanted to say the Vita price is only $249, when it's way over that do to the "required" separate expensive memory card.. It's a PR stunt to make the device look cheaper, face reality people! It's the same stuff MS did with the cheap XBOXs that had no HD.. These same boxes required a expensive MS HD later to play a large number of their games meaning you ended up paying more in the long run!

Back to the Topic.

It's amazing how many here say, it doesn't effect them, therefore it's not an issue.. But when it becomes your issue, I'm sure the same people will be crying why nobody cares able their problem..

Some asked why not just use one account.. One, because my son will not always live with me and he would like to take his games with him when he moves out.. Two, because when playing online, we would like to be able to access our own stats and online friends..   Can't understand why this isn't obvious to everyone and Sony..

The Vita is all about online connectivity, then they break it horrible for families.. I think a big reason is because Japan just doesn't get Western Social Gaming.. Which is obvious why the PS3 still doesn't have unified Multiple User Login, XGame Chat, Game Ranking, and Party System built into the console/network like XBox does..

Message 22 of 61 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Dec 5, 2011

Sorry techni but im refusing to argue with you untill you stop taking my FULL SENTENCES OUT OF CONTEXT. As in you butchering what i say. My FULL sentences are ment to be Full sentences, Because if you want to play this game i can do the same.

Since you have not given proof i say your not right ether. So like i said, good luck and enjoy the game cards and memory sticks/cards being seperate.

And to be on topic, I really think sony doesnt want the vita being like the psp. They want many thing to be in place to really thwart the hackers as much as they can and any kind of piracy. I wouldnt be surprized if the game cards will be locked to the ps vita it will be first played on. Wont know till the vita launches and ppl try to swap game cards. Remember the game cards can store game save and other information. Whats to say it wont lock the game to the vita its first played on or that its locked to the specific vita as long as it has game saves stored on it. Something to see when the vita launches.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 23 of 61 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Dec 5, 2011

JohnRKlein wrote:

My son and I both have separate PSN accounts and buy PS3/PSP games separately.. We also share our PSP.

So we have all his and my games downloaded on our PS3 so we can quickly install games and switch PSN accounts on the PSP. This all worked so awesome.. It literally took a couple minutes to switch accounts and install/delete any games we wanted.. (yes, we have separate memory cards)

Now the "Vita" PS3 4.0 update breaks this capability horribly in multiple ways..

1. All our previously PS3 installed PS1/Mini games no longer have the copy option to push them to the PSP..

2. Installing a PS1/Mini on the PS3 now leaves the installer in the main games list even after you install it.. I guess this is their new way for us to be able to install on the PSP? It's useless!! You can't group the installers to get them out of the way and the PS3 limits to the number of outstanding installers that can be there..

3. A cool hidden feature now gone. You used to be able to download many games at once, then select the power off and put a check mark on auto turn off when download completes.. This would auto install all our games for you even if they were already downloaded.. Not any more, the option isn't even there anymore..

Now it's been confirmed

1. Once again, extremely expensive memory cards.

2. No digital PS1 game support like the PS3/PSP at least at release.

3. The Vita will only allow 1 PSN account. If you need to switch accounts, you have to do a factory reset?????? Really?

I was so looking forward to Vita, but not so much anymore when Sony interferes with my gameplay even before it's released! 

I see more and more why so many people have switched console makers as Sony continues to hinder users..

Updated:

Yes, I mistakely said Vista earlier. Another reason I do not like the name as it's to close to a MS product name! Sorry.. Also, this is the text and translation that I saw.. Maybe the translation is worng? I don't know if linking to other sites is allowed, that's why I didn't put it in here. Google it if wanted.

Q: PSNアカウントは、PSVita本体1つに対して何個まで設定できますか?

A: 1つです。別のPSNアカウントで使用したい場合は、本体の初期化を行ってください。

Q: How many PSN account can be set up on a Vita system?

A: Only 1 account. If you want to to use a different account, you need to format the system to factory settings.

You could keep the original PSP and keep your PSN account on it and let your son use the PSPVita for his account, or the other way around, and just have the Vita for yourself and let the son use the PSP.

Photobucket
Message 24 of 61 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Dec 5, 2011

Techni wrote:

But no, I don't agree. The fact that it's gotten so much outrage that even Sony has been forced to reply to it makes it likely a future revision will have this flaw rectified. While they won't be using the same shape as the game cards, they'd use a standard like SD or heaven forbid, memory stick again. Just cause 1 model is out doesn't mean it's set in stone. PSP got component-out added, then it got composite-out added, then they switched to memory stick micro, and added bluetooth. The past of PSP doesn't support you. But then nothing does.

Sorry techni , provide links or it didnt happen.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 25 of 61 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 5, 2011

@JohnRKlein so did Nintendo with there home consoles so did Microsoft so did Sega.I cant take a mircosoft memory from my xbox to my ps2 or my game cube to my xbox. (sorry do not own a Sega console)

if you want to go by PR speak then you do need to realize PR speak is half truths.  so what he saying is yes they did it so everyone on the same level feild and scrurity.shhh we also did it to make are money back off the ps vita.

since sony has always sold there systems at a loss and they also have said they will sell the ps vita at a loss but they did say not as much as a loss they did with the ps3.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 26 of 61 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Dec 5, 2011

That's the first time I saw that quote, but it sure is vague on what it means by that..

It still doesn't break anything I said above.

You can take a simple USB stick and encrypt it and get the same "security" you would with a propriety device.. You format it with a propriety filesystem and encrypt the data.. Shrink Wrap.. That's is exactly what they did with the PS3.. The PS3 console itself may be hacked, but the secure file system on a generic HD is not.. You still can not take a PS3 harddrive and read it on a PC..

Anyway, if you really believe they are using this memory format instead of a SD card for security and level field of speed, then I will never be able to convince you.. But I think you haven't paid attention to them over the years to see through the PR..

The PS, PS2, and PSP all did this same thing, special Sony Memory Cards except with Zero security on them.. They have done everything they could to stop 3rd party devs from making generic versions of them because it cuts into their profit.  The Vita is just an extreme example of what they have been doing since day one as if you wanted to be completely digital with this thing, you are going to need to fork out $130+ on top of their PR cheap $249 price!

Message 27 of 61 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3460 posts

Dec 5, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

@Techni the battery thing was a fact since there was a hack that you could use the phantom battery.  there was another hack about using the battery too not sure what that one did though.

Yes it was a fact. I didn't deny that. The problem is, it no longer is a fact.

Sony blocked the pandora battery in later models of the 2000, and all models of the 3000 and the Go.

The battery hack stopped working years ago. It is no longer a contributing factor.

Message 28 of 61 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 5, 2011

@Techni the battery thing was a fact since there was a hack that you could use the phantom battery.  there was another hack about using the battery too not sure what that one did though.

Message 29 of 61 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3460 posts

Dec 5, 2011

JohnRKlein wrote:

Why did this turn into a piracy thread? 

Ignorance, that's why. Complete and utter ignorance. Piracy is being used as a scape goat by people who simply don't know any better and refuse to learn even when you slap them in the face with facts, month after month. These are the same people who feel the battery isn't removable cause of piracy, when later models of the PSP blocked using the battery for it. These ignorants blame piracy for everything, even the lack of TV out and using a PS3 controller like PSP go did.

The reason they are using a Sony memory card instead of a standard one is for the same reason they did it with the PSP, to make money.. They are quoted saying they did so that everyone has the "same experience" do to transfer speeds, not because of security.. But the reality is that they wanted to say the Vita price is only $249, when it's way over that do to the "required" separate expensive memory card.. It's a PR stunt to make the device look cheaper, face reality people! It's the same stuff MS did with the cheap XBOXs that had no HD.. These same boxes required a expensive MS HD later to play a large number of their games meaning you ended up paying more in the long run! 

Exactly.

Naquiel wrote:

Sorry techni but im refusing to argue with you untill you stop taking my FULL SENTENCES OUT OF CONTEXT. As in you butchering what i say.

I butchered nothing. I merely cut your quote down to shorten the length of my post. You can't claim I'm changing the context when your original post is there for everyone to see. Unless you're claiming I'm an admin and editing your posts too. You've been told this before, quit bringing up old arguments. You have enough new arguments to worry about rather than bringing up old ones you lost at.

I responded to your posts exactly how I interpreted you meant them. I didn't change the meaning. You on the other hand are threatening to do so, which is a big difference.

You've also promised to stop arguing before, and never actually stopped. You then changed your promise to "only if you stop replying" which isn't you promising to stop arguing, it's you telling me to promise it. I will reply to any statement directed to me. And if you make the same statement as you do often, I will reply the same way.

Naquiel wrote:

Techni wrote:

But no, I don't agree. The fact that it's gotten so much outrage that even Sony has been forced to reply to it makes it likely a future revision will have this flaw rectified. While they won't be using the same shape as the game cards, they'd use a standard like SD or heaven forbid, memory stick again. Just cause 1 model is out doesn't mean it's set in stone. PSP got component-out added, then it got composite-out added, then they switched to memory stick micro, and added bluetooth. The past of PSP doesn't support you. But then nothing does.

Sorry techni , provide links or it didnt happen.

Exactly my point. You're making claims and refusing to provide proof, while at the same time demanding I do.

So, thank you for negating your claim about Sony's reason for using a different card than the game card, since you refuse to provide a link.

You can not ask for the very things you refuse to provide. That's called hypocrisy.

As for my claims, what exactly do you want a link to? PSP 2000 getting component out? PSP 3000 getting composite out? PSP go switching to memory stick micro and getting bluetooth? Surely you, a PSP fan wouldn't need proof of the obvious.

Or Sony's admission that there is a lot of outrage over their poor decisions? http://psp.ign.com/articles/121/1213857p1.html

Message 30 of 61 (7 Views)
0 Likes