Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/09/2010
Offline
2090 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 4, 2011

@hatenchaos then what do you call putting homebrew on the psp was not legal. call it what you will but they hacked the system to get it on there.  or should i just call it as a script kiddy made a script to use illegal software for the system. I know nobody who used there system legaly they all used homebrew witch is illegal. I have also known people who got the games in a way so they would not have to pay for them.

try try again. sorry if your angry you have to support the system like some of us have. You should also know I already posted in your thread long ago.

____________________________________________________________
Want a option to buy avatar's on the ps vita's psn store. Then vote on the link by copying it to your web browser.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 11 of 61 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13577 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 4, 2011

Well then you know some pretty "bad" people.

All the people I know, support games, and used their PSP legally (including myself).

And the new format for memory may not be enough, since plugging the Vita in via USB would allow the same access as an SD card would or some other format. The only difference is that you can't insert a pre-made hacked card into the Vita (yet).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 61 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/30/2005
Offline
2966 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 4, 2011

glaciusx25 wrote:

Well then you know some pretty "bad" people.

All the people I know, support games, and used their PSP legally (including myself).

And the new format for memory may not be enough, since plugging the Vita in via USB would allow the same access as an SD card would or some other format. The only difference is that you can't insert a pre-made hacked card into the Vita (yet).

Also this is why Sony made the games cards diferent from the memory cards/sticks so ppl would not accidently put them in the memory card/stick slot for copyhacking. I wouldnt put it past sony for having a few things in place to stop ppl from hacking the vita or the ability to try and pirate the games. This might be why some things regarding the ps3 are the way they are. BTW i never used cfw on any of my psp's ether (launch psp 1000, psp 2000, psp go).

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 13 of 61 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/12/2010
Offline
6439 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 5, 2011

The price of the memory cards is the only thing Sony is messing up with the Vita so far.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 14 of 61 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/10/2011
Offline
281 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 5, 2011

They haven't messed up the Vita at all. They have great 3rd party support and the launch games look amazing. The price of the machine is about right considering how powerful it is. The only thing that seems expensive is the memory cards as ScreamAimFire999 said but I will just get a 4gb for now and get a bigger one when the price comes down.

The whole one PSN account doesn't bother me as I only have 1 account and I'm the only one that will be using it. PS1 titles will be available with a firmware update but they obviously want people buying Vita games first. They don't want a repeat of the PS3 where people bought it and just played all their old PS2 games. The software sales for the PS3 weren't as good because of this.

A lot of people did in fact hack their PSPs. Just put a search in Youtube to find the ridiculous amount of how to videos or Google it and you will see blogs everywhere. People did it and got round the system and you can't argue with that. People manipulated the system for purposes not intended and now Sony wants to to protect themselves with this memory card. Maybe it will get hacked at some point but they are trying to make money which is what a business does. Microsoft have been doing the same thing for years. The 360 has it's own memory and do you think that HDD will fit in your phone or camera? No of course not but it hasn't stopped people buying them.

I think Sony have learned a lot from the PSP days and yes the memory card thing sucks but the rest I don't care about. 1 machine = 1 account. Get over it.

Message 15 of 61 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/22/2004
Offline
3460 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 5, 2011

Also this is why Sony made the games cards diferent from the memory cards/sticks so ppl would not accidently put them in the memory card/stick slot for copyhacking.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Thats not it, you're making things up. Sony NEVER said that.

Making them the same would mean it wouldnt matter what slot they were in, and they'd still be proprietary so it'd have no effect on hacking.

The Tapwave Zodiac used 2 identical slots for it's games. They were shaped like SD cards. So it let you have either 2 games, 2 SD cards or 1 of each.

If you put the games in an SD card reader, it wouldn't see the game. The system wouldn't let you copy games either.

You could put games in either slot.

Changing the SHAPE of the card won't affect piracy at all. What will, is pissing off hackers by making the memory cards horribly expensive or repeating the mistakes of PSP go by making it hard to get UMDs on to it.

Please don't mislead people with things like that. I told you months ago how wrong that was, so I don't know why you keep claiming that.

The only possible reason I can think of is if you're purpously trying to mislead people as a joke or something

Message 16 of 61 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/22/2004
Offline
3460 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 5, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

Really, then give me proof that says different.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

I did. Many many many MANY times. You simply keep ignoring it. I asked you to prove your statements and you never do

The Tapwave Zodiac used 2 identical slots for it's games. They were shaped like SD cards. So it let you have either 2 games, 2 SD cards or 1 of each.

If you put the games in an SD card reader, it wouldn't see the game. The system wouldn't let you copy games either.

You could put games in either slot.

Changing the SHAPE of the card won't affect piracy at all. We've had tech that uses 2 identical slots and it did nothing of what you claim, the real world disagrees with you. Technology I own disagrees with you.

Then answer me this, WHY DID THEY MAKE THE GAME CARDS DIFFERENT? If your answer is going to be "that sony didnt think about it", that is a really stupid answer.
_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Jumping straight to insults as usual. That says a lot about the purpose of your post

To claim it's to stop piracy is a really stupid answer. Also a lie, since you cant find a quote from Sony saying that.

I also have answered that question repeatedly. Asking again wont get you another answer.

Sorry to say its a form of physical drm to make sure the game cards are not in any way linked with the memory card slot for accidental hacking by the average joe since it seems that the memory card slot is the only slot that will be accessed by a PC.
_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

That made absolutely no sense. You can't even put Vita cards in a PC, and you can't accidentally hack anything. Your claims are ridiculously false. No one in their right mind would think that, which leads me to believe you are joking, as if to get a rise out of the smarter people who know better.

Sony is making it clear they do not want customers to have direct access to the game card slot.
_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

They don't have access to Vita cards either, so that wouldn't change anything.

So really who is missleading who
_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

You are, for example, this statement:

you want both slots to be the same for hacking purposes.
_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

I never said that. Nor would it have ANY affect on hacking. It wouldn't make it easier or harder. It'd still be a proprietary format unreadable on PC.

Also, quit lying about me.

I wanted them the same so like the tapwave zodiac, people who download games from PSN (ie: you) who would have no use for the game slot, could get 2 memory cards and hold twice the games. THAT IS THE ONLY AFFECT THIS WOULD HAVE.

Well that and people who don't download could have 2 games in it too.

Sony will not change the format halfway through due to the problem of angry customers wanting game exchanges if any changes are made. So pretty much live with the fact that the cards are different because of piracy concerns.

That argument is irrelevant here, the only point of bringing that up seems to confirm my previous impression that the only reason you're saying these things is as a joke.

And Techni i would like a full detailed reasoning from you that says different. As in why sony chose to make them different that is not because of piracy or hacking, Prove me wrong

You have to prove your statement is right before anyone has to prove it wrong. Though I already did prove it wrong

And posting a 1 sentance line saying that sony didnt think of it is not what im looking for.

Just cause you don't like something doesn't mean it's not the truth.

You have to prove they did think of it, if you don't like that answer. And nothing I've seen suggests they did.

Message 17 of 61 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/30/2005
Offline
2966 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 5, 2011

Techni wrote:

Naquiel wrote:

Also this is why Sony made the games cards diferent from the memory cards/sticks so ppl would not accidently put them in the memory card/stick slot for copyhacking.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Thats not it, you're making things up.

Making them the same would mean it wouldnt matter what slot they were in, and they'd still be proprietary so it'd have no effect on hacking.

Please don't mislead people with things like that. I told you months ago how wrong that was.

Really, then give me proof that says different. Then answer me this, WHY DID THEY MAKE THE GAME CARDS DIFFERENT? If your answer is going to be "that sony didnt think about it", that is a really stupid answer. Sony thinks of their product and the decisions on the many parts of the system even the game cards. Sorry to say its a form of physical drm to make sure the game cards are not in any way linked with the memory card slot for accidental hacking by the average joe since it seems that the memory card slot is the only slot that will be accessed by a PC. Sony is making it clear they do not want customers to have direct access to the game card slot.

So really who is missleading who, you want both slots to be the same for hacking purposes. and just like i said months ago your opinion on sony just not thinking about it is and will always be your opinion and not a form of proof.

And BTW since the game cards and memory sticks/card slots are different and seperate from the get go means it will not be changing for the life time of the ps vita. Sony will not change the format halfway through due to the problem of angry customers wanting game exchanges if any changes are made. So pretty much live with the fact that the cards are different because of piracy, hacking and any other problematic concerns.

So really, did you even think things through. So tell me, is there a possability that sony made the cards different to NOT help keep piracy/hacking from happening? What if a game card was the same memory card/stick and put in the memory card/stick slot. Would that say the game could be accessed by a PC and easily hacked or copied or easily corrupted. Lets just say sony wanted the game cards to be different so the game cards cannot be easily put in any other device and to cut down on other problems like hacking, piracy, accidental eracing and other problems from the game card being put in the memory card/stick slot. Or better yet having a hacked memory card being put in the game card slot. Game cards will be different and will be for the life time of the vita, so get use to it.

And Techni i would like a full detailed reasoning from you that says different. As in why sony chose to make them different that is not because of piracy or hacking, Prove me wrong. Explain to me why sony chose to make them different. And posting a 1 sentance line saying that sony didnt think of it is not what im looking for. Show me how smart you are and give me a very good reason on why the game cards are different from the memory sticks/cards.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 18 of 61 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/30/2005
Offline
2966 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 5, 2011

Well Techni your answer is still the same as it was from months ago and still doesnt say why sony chose to make the cards seperate. More to the point your specificly not telling why the cards are seperate and trying to point out why the slots should be the same. Im not asking for an answer on why the slots need to be the same im asking why are they different. BTW i still havent seen any proof your claiming to have. If sony hasnt said anything that proves me right or any proof that says your right, it means we are both at a standstill and have to base things off of sonys actions that we already know as fact. as in the fact that the game cards are seperate from te memory sticks/cards tells us alot, your opinion is different from mine. Ether way the fact still remains that we have to live with sonys decisions.

I say just get use to the cards being seperate for the life time the vita is in production. Sony doesnt say why they chose to do some things with their products due to security concerns and I feel they did this for the reasons i posted. Sorry that you feel sony should of went a different route, but the fact remains that the game cards and memory sticks/cards will be different and will be that way for the whole life of the vita. So the argument is irrelivant dont you think since its set in stone by sony and both you and i will have to live with what is sold to us. Dont you agree?

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 19 of 61 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/22/2004
Offline
3460 posts
 

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 5, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

Well Techni your answer is still the same as it was from months ago

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

And it will always be the same since you haven't bothered to prove it wrong. I have absolutely no reason to change the answer. You not liking it isn't a good reason. I know of 2 other possibilities, but till you get past the first reason, they don't matter. But hacking is not even remotely a possibility.

BTW i still havent seen any proof your claiming to have If sony hasnt said anything that proves me right

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Thank you for admitting you have no proof that proves you right. That's the biggest step towards excepting the truth that I've ever seen you make. I'm impressed.

it means we are both at a standstill

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Not really, reality has disproven your claims. Thank you Tapwave Zodiac.

It's more like, I'm at the finish line (the truth), where you're still somewhere else on the track saying you want to agree to disagree. It doesn't really matter at this point.

Sony doesnt say why they chose to do some things with their products due to security concerns and I feel they did this for the reasons i posted.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Thank you for admitting you have no evidence and are only basing it on opinions, even though the facts/existing technology (Tapwave Zodiac) disagrees with you.

and have to base things off of sonys actions that we already know as fact

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

My statement that they didn't think of it, is based on their actions.

I say just get use to the cards being seperate for the life time the vita is in production.

Sorry that you feel sony should of went a different route, but the fact remains that the game cards and meory sticks/cards will be different and will be that way for the whole life of the vita. So the argument is irrelivant dont you think since its set in stone by sony and both you and i will have to live with what is sold to us. Dont you agree?

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

The fact that you keep bringing that up despite it having nothing to do with the conversations says a lot about the purpose of your post.

But no, I don't agree. The fact that it's gotten so much outrage that even Sony has been forced to reply to it makes it likely a future revision will have this flaw rectified. While they won't be using the same shape as the game cards, they'd use a standard like SD or heaven forbid, memory stick again. Just cause 1 model is out doesn't mean it's set in stone. PSP got component-out added, then it got composite-out added, then they switched to memory stick micro, and added bluetooth. The past of PSP doesn't support you. But then nothing does.

Message 20 of 61 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes