Highlighted
Dec 03 2011
By: JohnRKlein Hekseville Citizen 267 posts

Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

60 replies 64 views Edited Dec 3, 2011

My son and I both have separate PSN accounts and buy PS3/PSP games separately.. We also share our PSP.

So we have all his and my games downloaded on our PS3 so we can quickly install games and switch PSN accounts on the PSP. This all worked so awesome.. It literally took a couple minutes to switch accounts and install/delete any games we wanted.. (yes, we have separate memory cards)

Now the "Vita" PS3 4.0 update breaks this capability horribly in multiple ways..

1. All our previously PS3 installed PS1/Mini games no longer have the copy option to push them to the PSP..

2. Installing a PS1/Mini on the PS3 now leaves the installer in the main games list even after you install it.. I guess this is their new way for us to be able to install on the PSP? It's useless!! You can't group the installers to get them out of the way and the PS3 limits to the number of outstanding installers that can be there..

3. A cool hidden feature now gone. You used to be able to download many games at once, then select the power off and put a check mark on auto turn off when download completes.. This would auto install all our games for you even if they were already downloaded.. Not any more, the option isn't even there anymore..

Now it's been confirmed

1. Once again, extremely expensive memory cards.

2. No digital PS1 game support like the PS3/PSP at least at release.

3. The Vita will only allow 1 PSN account. If you need to switch accounts, you have to do a factory reset?????? Really?

I was so looking forward to Vita, but not so much anymore when Sony interferes with my gameplay even before it's released! 

I see more and more why so many people have switched console makers as Sony continues to hinder users..

Updated:

Yes, I mistakely said Vista earlier. Another reason I do not like the name as it's to close to a MS product name! Sorry.. Also, this is the text and translation that I saw.. Maybe the translation is worng? I don't know if linking to other sites is allowed, that's why I didn't put it in here. Google it if wanted.

Q: PSNアカウントは、PSVita本体1つに対して何個まで設定できますか?

A: 1つです。別のPSNアカウントで使用したい場合は、本体の初期化を行ってください。

Q: How many PSN account can be set up on a Vita system?

A: Only 1 account. If you want to to use a different account, you need to format the system to factory settings.

Message 2 of 61 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vista :(

Dec 3, 2011

Vista? really?

Message 1 of 61 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Re: Sony already messing things up with Vita :(

Dec 3, 2011

Sure Vita sounds like Vista, but I'm sure Sony wouldn't name it after a MS product because theres no valid reason for that. As for your problems with moving ps1 classics onto your psp, just use media go. Its a great content manager for psp.

I agree with you 100% when you said the cards are expensive, cause I was planning on getting the 32gb card, now im gonna have to settle for 16gb because of the price. It kinda sucks that there could only be one psn account.

Still, do you really need two psn accounts to share a system with your son? I'm sure you can just download all the games on one account, maybe make different pages on the UI to put all of your son's games and yours.

As for ps1 games, I think sony wants everyone who buys the vita to focus on vita games, and not others for a while so they can get used to it.

Message 3 of 61 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Dec 3, 2011

D-Roy12 wrote:

Sure Vita sounds like Vista, but I'm sure Sony wouldn't name it after a MS product because theres no valid reason for that. As for your problems with moving ps1 classics onto your psp, just use media go. Its a great content manager for psp.

I agree with you 100% when you said the cards are expensive, cause I was planning on getting the 32gb card, now im gonna have to settle for 16gb because of the price. It kinda sucks that there could only be one psn account.

Still, do you really need two psn accounts to share a system with your son? I'm sure you can just download all the games on one account, maybe make different pages on the UI to put all of your son's games and yours.

As for ps1 games, I think sony wants everyone who buys the vita to focus on vita games, and not others for a while so they can get used to it.

Gravity Rush <3

Remember what sony did recently where only 2 out of the 5 registered psp's/vitas can only download content per account. So that means if he has 2 psp's and 2 vitas registered to 1 account only 2 of those handhelds will be able to download any content that was purchased after Nov 18th. So keeping seperate accounts will help, so that both accounts will be able to keep with the 2 registered devices getting downloaded content per account.

I agree the same, the ps1 games might not be available due to getting more ppl interested in the vita games, but then again keeping the older psp's will help pay those games when the vita's are charging. Its the reason why i have 2 psp's, when ones charging i can play the other one. Or that i can play the downloads on my psp go and the umds on my psp 2000. I think you got the idea.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 4 of 61 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Dec 3, 2011

Wait... so I have 2 PSN accounts one for buying my games and one for actual online play. I know on the PSP you can login in your account that you buy crap with, activate the games with it and then log off of it then sign into anouther account. As long as you kept the activation of the other account on your PSP then you can play your games signed in a different user name. If you cant do this with Vita then I'm screwed XD as I don't want to earn trophies on the account I never play with. By the what the translation says I'm screwed =[. I hope they rethink that at least as Im not the only person that uses 2 accounts.

My awesome website .
Message 5 of 61 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 3, 2011

@JohnRKlein how can vista sound like vita. unless you are saying it wrong. vee-tuh=vita  vis-tuh=vista no sorry not similar. if you have a problem with it you may as well call it playstation life. since vita is Latin for life.

why have two accounts on one system? I just do not get it.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 6 of 61 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Dec 3, 2011

I can understand the Vista mistake. Vista can be prononced as Vee-sta too. So the confusion is excusiable.

My awesome website .
Message 7 of 61 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 3, 2011

JohnRKlein is exactly right - Sony IS screwing up the VIta launch, no matter how much the fanbois don't want to admit it o to ping him for calling it "Vista" and not Vita :-).

The VIta is doomed, and Sony has nobody but themselves to blame for their bad business decisions.

Message 8 of 61 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 3, 2011

@hatenchaos what did you expect a perfect system? there are faults in the ps vita there are faults in every system. there are faults in everything that exists. nothing is perfect.  In the end sony is trying to have the ps vita more secure then the psp was. are they doing it the best way with the pricing of the memory cards no.    no one said the memory cards are fairly priced either here so you can yell fanbois/fanboys/fangirls all you want.

also heres the thing how many people do you know that have a psp that is not hacked? almost everyone has  a hacked system and sony knows this so they are using another format for there memory cards to help stop this.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 9 of 61 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 3, 2011

Uggg, Incagneto, stop it. I own and use a launch day PSP that was NEVER hacked  - stop blaming piracy for what amounts to just bad management decision making. See my comments here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3911157?start=15&tstart=0

and my entire thread here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3903812?start=0&tstart=0

Message 10 of 61 (64 Views)
0 Likes