Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Re: Sony, You just lost a loyal (14+ Years) customer from 1999. This is why:

Jan 14, 2013
Oh and for the record, xbox is just worse. Don't even get me started.
But for anyone who didn't read throughout my post, I am not advocating against ps3 for xbox.
But If this where the case I would say everyone switch to nintendo.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 32 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Jan 14, 2013

You don't HAVE to pay Sony to fix your out of warranty PS3. There are places you can go to that will repair your PS3 much cheaper. Here it's $80 compared to $140 at an electronics shop.

If you have fixed 15 PS3's yourself then why do you care about Sony charging money for repairs? You must have extremely bad luck to have 3 systems die on you, especially since you treat them so well.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 32 (166 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 32 (157 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

You don't HAVE to pay Sony to fix your out of warranty PS3. There are places you can go to that will repair your PS3 much cheaper. Here it's $80 compared to $140 at an electronics shop.

If you have fixed 15 PS3's yourself then why do you care about Sony charging money for repairs? You must have extremely bad luck to have 3 systems die on you, especially since you treat them so well.

Well I MUST have bad luck then. I don't have a hidden agenda here.
You know what? Let me explain what put me over the deep end.

Back story: 

• my first system was the families witch got ylod, sent in for repairs for free cause it was only 5 months old.
  • The second was a new one for myself witch broke, out of warrantee, so I fixed it to save 140$ and gave it to my little brother. (still works fine.)
  • The third I bought used cause at this point, I figure Id save $80 getting used since it will probably get ylod anyway. -It did.

That's just me, I wont mention everyone else. 

Fast forward to today:

I have had my friends ps3 for a year now, its my most recent system.

It is a cecha01, the original the best ps3 they made, he gave it to me as a wedding gift and it has never been opened up to repair or broken

Yesterday my cousin bought a slim cause she doesn't like the fat she got for Christmas this year (spoiled), and gave the fat to me yesterday to give to my wife so I can stop complaining about taking turns (jokingly).

So my wife is excited to play skyrim, and I install the game on her new ps3:

• install freezes at 18% -can't tell if its ps3 side or disk side.
  • Repaired the database -still freezes
  • restored file structure -still freezes
  • restored ps3 system -still freezes

Really annoyed at this point so I say screw it, I will do a data transfer from my ps3 to hers so the game dat will all ready be installed.

I turn both systems on, and just as I turn away to look up online instructions,(always like to be sure) then *CLICK* BEEEEeeepp*

My heart stopped, and I slowly turned around to see witch **bleep** ps3 just got ylod:

It was mine.

1. So now I got my wife's ps3 witch can't install skyrim,
  2. and my original discontinued ps3 that JUST got ylod randomly,

But now I can't repair it because

RAN OUT OF ARCTIC SILVER WITH THE LAST REPAIR I MADE ONLY A WEEK AGO ON A FRIENDS PS3.  Seriously... 

but it's not over:

That third ps3 I had?

Yeah it works, accept for the disk drive motor wont feed a disk. (- that just randomly happened a wile back when I repaired its ylod)

so Ill just take the one out of my awesome ps3 that now has ylod, and put it in the one that's been collecting dust cause im too lazy to fix the disk drive that is currently in there.

Thank god I have a ps3 graveyard huh???

So yeah, Im a little fed up with sony now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 32 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

How can people blame you for YLOD Sony said it themselves its not the consumers fault its a random thing and il have you know your not alone in that my friend repaired his PS3 twice and it didnt fix **bleep**.

I feel sorry for you going through these issues and YES YLOD should be fixed for free all PS3s are suicidal reguardless on how you treat it

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

HomeStuck "Main" - PlushyPillow "PS PLUS ONLY"
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 32 (127 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7923 posts

Jan 14, 2013

TheWhiteShadow- wrote:

Are you delusional?

OFCORSE I want it fixed for free if the problem was caused by them in the first place!!!

Except that the problem wasn't caused by Sony.  It was caused by the fact that electronic devices wear out after a few years.  Yeah, there are some old Atari and Nintendo systems that still work after 20+ years, but that is because they are not nearly as complicated, have zero moving parts and operate at a much, much cooler temperature.

The PS3 is basically a computer (CPU, GPU, Memory, Optical Drive, Hard Disc Drive, etc) crammed into a case the size of a large shoe box.  It is very susceptible to overheating, especially when you throw in years of dust build up, and many, many hundred heating/cooling cycles.  The average desktop computer has been replaced two or three times since 2006.  Modern electronics are not designed to last forever.  They are designed to be replaced every few years.  And while the PS3 is a gaming console, that does not make it exempt from the laws of physics.

I would guess the vast majority of original 2006 PS3 models that still operate perfectly have been maintained at a much higher level than simply 'taking good care of it'.  They've been opened up, reflowed, reballed, thermal paste replaced, solder replaced, etc, etc.  I suspect most of them are on at least their 2nd Blu-ray drive and 4th or 5th Hard disk drive.  Electronics fail.  Eventually, you will learn that.

And let me ask you, what sort of problem did your Chevy blazer have? Was It an accident caused by yourself? Or a flaw from the factory?

Maybe Chevy and Sony should work together!

They can make a ps6 car that gets ylod after 3 years after it looses warranty.

But hey, since we are all such responsible adults, lets break into our savings and pay up to repair THEIR flawed product cause "That's the price of ownership"

Yeah I understand you man, I was a sheep once.

But eventually you will come around after you suddenly discover the pattern.

My Blazer is 13 years old, therefore, it has many parts that are at the end of their functional lives.  The parts that were beginning to fail in this case were an axle bearing and an engine damper.  Both are parts that require replacement every 100,000 miles or so.  My Blazer currently has 120,000 miles on it, so I imagine I will be spending more money on keeping my Blazer running for more than a few more years.  As I stated in my original post, it is the cost of ownership.  I was quoted $2100, but since I've used that particular shop in the past, they waived most of the labor costs as a courtesy to me as a repeat customer.

I was probably one of the biggest fan boys, I love playstation and I take care of my personal belongings VERY well.

I go bat **bleep** crazy if I see someone shut off a system the wrong way, or lay a disc outside of its case.

My ps3 would fall in love with me if it could I treat it so well,

and it gets ylod. -Just randomly, hey Im broken now, but no warrantee so pay up because **bleep** you. 

You cant possibly tell me this is how it should be.

Its disgusting , Its offensive, and I REFUSE to pay more money for this.

You know what I want?

For sony to send me 3 perfectly brand new ps3's to make up for what they cheated me for.

Then I would say, well fine, I will continue to support this company since they make up for it, DESPITE the fact that their products randomly break. But no that will never happen. 

I may have had warrantee, but sometimes my systems have been bought used at a reputable seller (bestbuy-gamestop)

and those are not covered most of the time.

If you buy a used PS3, in most cases, you get what you pay for.  I know for a fact that Gamestop offers a 90 day replacement warranty on the used systems they sell.  In any case, when you buy used, Sony sees exactly $0 from you on those purchases.  You cheated Sony first.  In those cases it is Gamestop/Best Buy that you should be complaining to, not Sony.  When you buy a used system from Gamestop or Best Buy, it is up to them to make sure they are selling you a working system.

A brand new PS3 carries a one year Sony warranty.  You can purchase the extended warranty that covers you for 2 additional years (for a total of 3 years) for $60 (the price of a single game).  Perhaps you should consider buying new and actually support Sony, rather than buying used and supporting Gamestop.

The sony ps3 is the ONLY electronic device I have ever owned that breaks by it self, no matter how much tender love and care it gets. 

Sounds like you are having issues with used systems, not new ones.  Generally, there's a reason that old model PS3s are available used.  I know for a fact that I traded in my original fat (motorstorm bundle) PS3 when I started sensing issues with it (mainly freezing during certain games).  I still own my 2nd and have since bought a 3rd PS3, and have had zero real issues with any of them.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 32 (120 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

HomeStuck_ wrote:

First of im not a true gamer i play when ever i feel like it and that percentage is down right low and this is based on a issue in reality that sony cant do anything right.

I dont get that much joy out of PS3 even if it worked right instead its just random issues.

And a True Gamer WOULD complain because everything that was explained here and there is a valid point only PlayStation Fanboys "YOU" are so blinded and dont give a care about how broke this thing is.

And as for Joys in life do you even know what real joy in life is? i know for sure i dont get my joy of video games i get it by living and being with friends and family not wasting precious time on a gaming console the best reason for me to play is to either kill time when im waiting to go somewere bored and got nothing to do or friends are out of town or of course if i feel like watching a movie.

Like it matters your point is not even valid

My point is hidden with the deep understated text man you should be thankfull about what Sony has done. Joy is not an absolute anything. Joy does not have a single definition, Everyone gets joy in many different ways, for you its flaming on forums, and for me its gaming!

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 32 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Support sony? this guy has had enough of flawed PS3s and YLODs can also be caused by poor manufacturing from Sony its a hardware related issue no matter how well you mother the little gremlin

Just cause he buys Gamestop PS3s dont mean a thing a tird is still a tird "PS3"

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 32 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 14, 2013

FiveFourteen

I take you play 24/7 FINE thats your business

But if PS3 fans dont address the fact there PS3s do break it will just continue making money for this criminal called Sony 

Dont deny its not faulty IT IS just cause it havent happen to you doesnt mean it wont happen to you IT WILL

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 32 (97 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jan 14, 2013

That is the new way that eletronics are going. Not the old. I have a 4 year old sony blueray that is fine, a 4 year old sony tv that is still great a 5 year old laptop that works good, a 6 year old laptop that does good, a 10 year old desktop that is slow but still uesable, a at lest 11 year old sd tv that still plays every day. and a 1989 olds with 262 thousand miles on it that has had less trouble than my wifes 96 taurus. And a ps3 that did not even last 3 years. Replaced with one different than the one I bought. They ues to make things better to last longer. I am a mechanic and dabble in eletronics and I have seen it going this way for a while now. The reasion they get away with making things not last as long is people complain but they still buy it any way. It is the new way of selling more at a faster rate. 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 32 (92 Views)
0 Likes