First Son
6 posts

Re: Sony Should Inform Us about Disabling The PSN Server

Apr 23, 2011

@ Cyndro! your about stupid if you swich to xbox! unless you want to pay for it! and when xbox has time down your paying for that time! where PSN is free and they take it down any time they want! you should be happy your not paying for the shit!

Message 31 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Re: Sony Should Inform Us about Disabling The PSN Server

Apr 23, 2011

It's a free service and they are doing 'emergency' maintenance due to an attack that crippled the network.  Since being on this service, I can honestly only remember 1 other outage that lasted only a couple hours tops and that was during the late night/early morning hours.  I'm as frustrated as anyone over this as I just got the new Socom 4 w/ Sharpshooter and Move and after charging the conrtollers and playing the single mode I cannot check out the online features.  Keep in mind for those who want say Eff Sony and move over to Xbox, you HAVE to pay to play, w/ PSN+ thats totally optional.  And if you have wireless? Forget having that included in your system, that's a $100 add-on piece of hardware and they have to schedule regular maintenance because of the nature of Windows servers versus Linux/Unix based servers.... The ones we should be really upset with are the hackers that took down the service, not the ones who were the victims.  I do wish however, that Sony would be more proactive with their updates, the last one I saw was dated 2 days ago.  At least if they updated daily as far as the progress that would make me feel a bit more comfortable about what is going on, but I am confident they are doing the best they can, they don't want to lose fan base!  With that being said, I hope they have the service restored or at least have something to say about it soon, 4 days is long but, if that's what it takes to prevent this from occuring again in the future, I'll take my lumps... Cheers!

Message 32 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes