Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 7, 2013

The Xbox One is not that big. Link

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 71 of 101 (299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 7, 2013
What they are going to do is make is buy the old games we hold dearest. Sony is a company, and their main focus is to make money. They know costumer satisfaction is a major income, but for the few that actually wants backwards compatibility, we make up a small portion of those who care. That's why they won't add it in, because they can easily make money from us to buy these older games; even if we already have them.
Message 72 of 101 (299 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28985 posts

Jun 7, 2013

TheMoonlessNight wrote:
What they are going to do is make is buy the old games we hold dearest. Sony is a company, and their main focus is to make money. They know costumer satisfaction is a major income, but for the few that actually wants backwards compatibility, we make up a small portion of those who care. That's why they won't add it in, because they can easily make money from us to buy these older games; even if we already have them.

You really think they make a ton of money by you buying a ten year old game for ten bucks? Please, the make money when you buy NEW games. The console is a LOSS LEADER. They break even or even lose money on the console, so they can make a profit selling things that go with it, i.e. GAMES. Playing your ten year old games, even the ones they sell for ten bucks on the store, is essentially a LOSS for them.

Why do so many think that there's a veritable goldmine in reselling your back library to you? It's a gamer misconception that has been repeated, and now it's taken on a life of it's own.

Message 73 of 101 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Like they said KEEP YOUR PS3! I've kept every console i've ever bought. Got a stack of PS1s and PS2s still in working order. Also I have multiple BC PS3s. I'll never buy PS3 games re-released on PS4 cause its blatantly illogical. The OP was incorrect in saying Sony failed with not making systems BC. PS2 and PS3 are BC. sorry ewe gots stuck wit da lobotomized PS3s. Smiley Tongue Smiley Wink Kinda like taking a chainsaw to the "Mona Lisa" then saying its better cause it fits in a 4"x4" frame. Lol! But KUDOS to Sony for learning from mistakes. IBM to AMD = good choice! I'll be getting a PS4 but i'm avoiding the launch gen. Ya'll can step on the landmines for ppl like me. Lol! ie launch PS2s and PS3s? 

Message 74 of 101 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Jun 7, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Xbox One isnt backwards compatible.

This right here, kills the argument, nextSmiley Happy

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 75 of 101 (270 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jun 7, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

NO. stop telling me that i can keep my ps3. i know i can

but when i travel, im gona have to take my ps3, AND my ps4 with me? dont you think thats a hassle? taking care of a ps3 is a hassle already while traveling, now i might have to worry about taking TWO consoles with me??!

people can be so uptight.

get a vita, use remote play, call it a day.

Message 76 of 101 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Jun 10, 2013

i too am a bit dissapointed to hear to backwards compactability.  for the hardcore games that constantly play new games and rent and buy everything its prob not a problem, they are a one and done type of gamer and thats how most prob are but when your a more casual gamer and maybe acturally have a favorite game series, your going to go back and play the games from your favorite series again.  and i think their should at least be a higher price version with b/c and if you want it pay for it and if you dont then dont pay for it.

Message 77 of 101 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 10, 2013

I cant play the original C&C on newer PCs...therefore im never upgrading...seems legit.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 78 of 101 (190 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I cant play the original C&C on newer PCs...therefore im never upgrading...seems legit.

I believe it runs on DOSBOX. The PC community has a massive community that makes sure that having a game that won't run at all is a rarity. I don't need to keep a different computer out b/c someone fixed it's problems. I want to play lego island, but it won't run in it's current form. If I wanted to play it badly enough, I could find a way to fix it. I don't get that freedom with a console.

CaptainAlbator wrote:

TheMoonlessNight wrote:

You really think they make a ton of money by you buying a ten year old game for ten bucks? Please, the make money when you buy NEW games. The console is a LOSS LEADER. They break even or even lose money on the console, so they can make a profit selling things that go with it, i.e. GAMES. Playing your ten year old games, even the ones they sell for ten bucks on the store, is essentially a LOSS for them.

Why do so many think that there's a veritable goldmine in reselling your back library to you? It's a gamer misconception that has been repeated, and now it's taken on a life of it's own.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know that this is the case about consoles, but I haven't seen this with PSone classics. Are you telling me that FFVII, which has been on the top sellers many times was sold at a loss? Where did you get this information?

Here is the problem with the "keep your PS3 argument". I am on my 3rd PS3, I wore out the others. I also bought a second Xbox b/c the first one is about to die just from playing BF3. My consoles wear out very quickly, so this is going to be a big problem for me. The share button is enough of a problem for me ( I know it is optional, that doesn't mean it doesn't take resources from the console that could be better used). I wasn't happy when they took out the bc for PS1 and 2. I am afraid to play my old consoles b/c they only have so long to play. I get that they say, "Oh, you will be able to stream your games to your console". No, thanks, I have enough of a problem buying digital games as it is, I am not just going to hop on this like everyone else. It doesn't mean it will fail, it just means that I will have a hard time buying it if I only have a couple of games to play on it for a while.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 79 of 101 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Ya... I remember asking for a PS3 in 1990. You know, to go with mt 3Dtv and my 3d games like black ops and uncharted 3. The guy at store said I was a little early.

But seriously, you should really learn to fully read things and also realize what year certain consoles and games game out. All my PS3 stuff is 1997 or newer, some games barely a year old. PS3 games should absolutely be playable on PS4.

Message 80 of 101 (163 Views)
0 Likes