Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
37261 posts
 

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i still play ps2 games on my ps3 to this day

so why are you guys saying people wont use bc on ps4?

people are still buying ps2 games to play on their ps3 today.

otherwise they wouldnt be releasing hd collections and classics.

some peopel on here are rediculous.

 

cant you guys see its a money maker. sony made people buy ps2 games as classics. and suddenly they will release a ps4 and wont be able to play those classics on the ps4? are they gona release classic versions for the classic versions?

 

do research before making stupid comments


you know how rare this probably happens? Out of all my ps3 friends I don't think one of them has played a ps2 in a longgg time, and most of them are already on the store for 5 bucks. 

 

No it's not a money maker, do research? So you know then, adding backwards would cost $100 to $200 more US dollars to create the ps4, thus raising the price of the ps4 100-150$. This would reduce sales massively and possible ruin the ps4 


See you are wrong they are not 5 bucks. prices vary for those.

just cause none of your "ps3 friends" play ps2 games doesnt mean nobody plays them.

i've seen many peopel asking about bc here on the forums so just think whatever you want.

cant be arguing with someone making false comments like that


And you completely ignore the fact would increase the cost of the ps4 significantly 


well if you dont have a job then its your problem not mine.


Once again a pointless post, in the end it would hurt the ps4 more then help it, Sony can not afforded another 600 dollar console.  But what ever, in the end the ps4 will not be backwards and the PS4 will move on unaffected by the fact there is no backwards.


yeah whatever if you are so sure then why are you even arguing

again we dont even have all the info about the ps4 and you are already making such statements. based on what?


The ps4 has already been confirmed not to play any past generation DISCS, there is however a cloud system that may carry over PS store purchases.  


may or may not... im not here to speculate on that its a waste of time. gota wait and see thats it you are still going at it


Message 31 of 101 (229 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i doubt i am gona get a ps4 either looking the way things are. sony might do something stupid at e3.


You apparently don't understand the concept of "keep your PS3" do you?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 32 of 101 (221 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

TheDster wrote:
It depends on price, don't get greedy and I may?

Oh, so NOW you're getting a PS4? How many? 5? 10?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 33 of 101 (217 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i still play ps2 games on my ps3 to this day

so why are you guys saying people wont use bc on ps4?

people are still buying ps2 games to play on their ps3 today.

otherwise they wouldnt be releasing hd collections and classics.

some peopel on here are rediculous.

 

cant you guys see its a money maker. sony made people buy ps2 games as classics. and suddenly they will release a ps4 and wont be able to play those classics on the ps4? are they gona release classic versions for the classic versions?

 

do research before making stupid comments


It`s still to early to know for sure, they did say PSN purchases won`t transfer over, but it`s still unknown how everything will work, they may allow you to stream the PSN purchases to the PS4 with Gaikai.


exactly people already going crazy over something that we dont even know how it will work.

e3 is next week so maybe we will find something out


What a relief.... for a moment there I thought you were contradicting yourself

Furiously Chaosing
Message 34 of 101 (216 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/22/2008
Offline
926 posts
 

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i still play ps2 games on my ps3 to this day

so why are you guys saying people wont use bc on ps4?

people are still buying ps2 games to play on their ps3 today.

otherwise they wouldnt be releasing hd collections and classics.

some peopel on here are rediculous.

 

cant you guys see its a money maker. sony made people buy ps2 games as classics. and suddenly they will release a ps4 and wont be able to play those classics on the ps4? are they gona release classic versions for the classic versions?

 

do research before making stupid comments


There is a big difference between the HD Collections and the actual PS2 games.  I have the God of War HD Collection, God of War Origins HD Collection, and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection since they were 1, made available for purchase, 2 look incredibly gorgeous on my HD Setup, and 3 also include trophy support that the PS2 games did not.  Even IF I had a B/C PS3 system and had already bought the same games in their PS2 incarnation for a pittance, I'd have picked up the HD versions for all the benefits they offer.

 

You can continue your argument about the PS2 games and PSN games if you want, but the HD Collection Releases are not a valid point in this argument due to the numerous other benefits they offer.

Message 35 of 101 (215 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
374 posts
 

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013
1. THEY DONT WANT A CRAZY AMOUNT OF PS3 TRADE-INS
2. IT WILL MAKE THE PS4 COST MORE THAN IT SHOULD
3. KEEPS FOCUS ON PS4 GAMES

At this moment price is everything. They dont care if a few people dont buy a PS4 because it doesnt play old games. As long as they show good new games that will launch with the console and a price that is reasonable ($400) THEY WILL SELL OUT FOR THE HOLIDAYS.

If you wont buy a PS4 because it doesnt play PS3 games I feel sorry for you. Now I hope they have a very strong line up at launch but with Warframe and DCUO coming on the PS4, I wont have to buy a game for a while
Message 36 of 101 (211 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
2032 posts
 

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013
im honestly starting to switch to mobile gaming. I love my Ps3, Vita, and i just sold dsi, and am about to get 3ds. I have like 25 PS3 games, and i cant stand playing any of them. They have like no replay value, especially since most of my friends moved to xbox or pc. So i probably won't even consider going to next gen consoles. ill just stick to 3ds and vita once the ps3 no longer is supported with games.
Message 37 of 101 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/15/2008
Offline
1729 posts
 

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013
A) XB1 isn't BC

B) Ps3 WAS fully BC when it first came out but then that feature was removed (as well as some others) to appease unsatisfied consumers who wanted a cheaper sku. I have a fully BC ps3 that I've played Rouge Galaxy, Odin Sphere, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Killer 7, Manhunt 2, and Resident Evil Code Veronica on.
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."


Message 38 of 101 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
37261 posts
 

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i doubt i am gona get a ps4 either looking the way things are. sony might do something stupid at e3.


You apparently don't understand the concept of "keep your PS3" do you?


if im not gona get a ps4 why wouldnt i keep my ps3??


the lack of logic on these forums is astonishing


Message 39 of 101 (177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15343 posts
 

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i doubt i am gona get a ps4 either looking the way things are. sony might do something stupid at e3.


You apparently don't understand the concept of "keep your PS3" do you?


if im not gona get a ps4 why wouldnt i keep my ps3??


the lack of logic on these forums is astonishing


You're one of those people that purchased a VHS/DVD combo, aren't you?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 40 of 101 (173 Views)