VP of Gaming
37242 posts

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i still play ps2 games on my ps3 to this day

so why are you guys saying people wont use bc on ps4?

people are still buying ps2 games to play on their ps3 today.

otherwise they wouldnt be releasing hd collections and classics.

some peopel on here are rediculous.

cant you guys see its a money maker. sony made people buy ps2 games as classics. and suddenly they will release a ps4 and wont be able to play those classics on the ps4? are they gona release classic versions for the classic versions?

do research before making stupid comments

It`s still to early to know for sure, they did say PSN purchases won`t transfer over, but it`s still unknown how everything will work, they may allow you to stream the PSN purchases to the PS4 with Gaikai.

exactly people already going crazy over something that we dont even know how it will work.

e3 is next week so maybe we will find something out

Message 21 of 101 (207 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15223 posts

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

cant you guys see its a money maker. sony made people buy ps2 games as classics. and suddenly they will release a ps4 and wont be able to play those classics on the ps4? are they gona release classic versions for the classic versions?

Do some research - the architecture of the PS4 is NOT the same as the PS3.  You cannot simply port a PS3 game over.  It's like trying to run a Mac-based program on a PC - not going to work.  They've come up with a workaround with the Gaikai service - don't understand why that is such a problem and why having backwards compatibility is such an unwavering requirement for some.

I'll be happy having my PS3 alongside my PS4.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 22 of 101 (202 Views)
VP of Gaming
37242 posts

Jun 6, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

you know how rare this probably happens? Out of all my ps3 friends I don't think one of them has played a ps2 in a longgg time, and most of them are already on the store for 5 bucks. 

No it's not a money maker, do research? So you know then, adding backwards would cost $100 to $200 more US dollars to create the ps4, thus raising the price of the ps4 100-150$. This would reduce sales massively and possible ruin the ps4 

See you are wrong they are not 5 bucks. prices vary for those.

just cause none of your "ps3 friends" play ps2 games doesnt mean nobody plays them.

i've seen many peopel asking about bc here on the forums so just think whatever you want.

cant be arguing with someone making false comments like that

Message 23 of 101 (200 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Jun 6, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Do some research - the architecture of the PS4 is NOT the same as the PS3.  You cannot simply port a PS3 game over.  It's like trying to run a Mac-based program on a PC - not going to work.  They've come up with a workaround with the Gaikai service - don't understand why that is such a problem and why having backwards compatibility is such an unwavering requirement for some.

I'll be happy having my PS3 alongside my PS4.

Don't carry on with this argument. 

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 24 of 101 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

you know how rare this probably happens? Out of all my ps3 friends I don't think one of them has played a ps2 in a longgg time, and most of them are already on the store for 5 bucks. 

No it's not a money maker, do research? So you know then, adding backwards would cost $100 to $200 more US dollars to create the ps4, thus raising the price of the ps4 100-150$. This would reduce sales massively and possible ruin the ps4 

just cause none of your "ps3 friends" play ps2 games doesnt mean nobody plays them.

i've seen many peopel asking about bc here on the forums so just think whatever you want.

And you completely ignore the fact would increase the cost of the ps4 significantly 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 25 of 101 (190 Views)
VP of Gaming
37242 posts

Jun 6, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

And you completely ignore the fact would increase the cost of the ps4 significantly 

well if you dont have a job then its your problem not mine.

Message 26 of 101 (187 Views)
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Once again a pointless post, in the end it would hurt the ps4 more then help it, Sony can not afforded another 600 dollar console.  But what ever, in the end the ps4 will not be backwards and the PS4 will move on unaffected by the fact there is no backwards.

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 27 of 101 (178 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37242 posts

Jun 6, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Once again a pointless post, in the end it would hurt the ps4 more then help it, Sony can not afforded another 600 dollar console.  But what ever, in the end the ps4 will not be backwards and the PS4 will move on unaffected by the fact there is no backwards.

yeah whatever if you are so sure then why are you even arguing

again we dont even have all the info about the ps4 and you are already making such statements. based on what?

Message 28 of 101 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 6, 2013
It depends on price, don't get greedy and I may?
Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 29 of 101 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

yeah whatever if you are so sure then why are you even arguing

again we dont even have all the info about the ps4 and you are already making such statements. based on what?

The ps4 has already been confirmed not to play any past generation DISCS, there is however a cloud system that may carry over PS store purchases.  

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 30 of 101 (165 Views)
0 Likes