VP of Gaming
36681 posts

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

basically all the stuff i purchased on psn store will not be playable on ps4? and i cant play my favorite ps3 games then no way im not getting a ps4. sony can take their money making scheme somewhere else

Alright than take your forum account and **bleep** off. No one is forcing you to be here. 

so just because i MIGHT not get a ps4 i should leave the forums? hahaha sweet post

Um yes cause you sound like a giant baby right now. The only reason why you want BC is cause sony is telling you you cant have it. I don't want to go pay more for an already expensive console just cause babies like you want a feature that you're barely going to use 

nobody is forcing you to buy anything first of all.

second of all if you dont like my posts then YOU should leave the forums.

the only reason i want bc is cause i cant have it? what?

so you are saying if we would get bc i wouldnt use it?

AHHAHHAHAHA keep replying its hilarious

Message 11 of 101 (312 Views)
MVP Support
14050 posts

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

Seems a big deal is being made out of backwards compatibility.  There has been talk of streaming older titles through a cloud service - details are skimpy at this time, but E3 may reveal more.

As for me, I rarely go back to games I've played - there are new titles coming out all the time, and my PS3 will not die the day the PS4 comes out, so I'm covered.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 12 of 101 (302 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Well then, it looks like you won't be getting a PS4. Good luck with however method you plan on playing the upcoming generation of games.
Message 13 of 101 (297 Views)
MVP Support
9653 posts

Jun 6, 2013
as already said, the Gaikai service will also be used to stream older games, Sony already said Gaikai will have over 3000 PS3 titles on it. Although exactly how the whole service works is still unknown, and the older titles may not be up at launch, E3 should reveal more.
Message 14 of 101 (293 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36681 posts

Jun 6, 2013

all this missing info and you guys are already jumping to conclusions

Message 15 of 101 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Random person says "Not buying these consoles if they don't allow used games"
Goes and buys a PC

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 16 of 101 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Keep your ps3 and play your ps3 games on that.

The whole idea of backwards compatibility is so dumb to me. most people might use this feature for a month and that's it. It also adds massive amounts of cost to a console. I don't want to pay an extra 100$ so you can play some ps3 game for a week on your ps4 .

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 17 of 101 (279 Views)
VP of Gaming
36681 posts

Jun 6, 2013

i still play ps2 games on my ps3 to this day

so why are you guys saying people wont use bc on ps4?

people are still buying ps2 games to play on their ps3 today.

otherwise they wouldnt be releasing hd collections and classics.

some peopel on here are rediculous.

cant you guys see its a money maker. sony made people buy ps2 games as classics. and suddenly they will release a ps4 and wont be able to play those classics on the ps4? are they gona release classic versions for the classic versions?

do research before making stupid comments

Message 18 of 101 (273 Views)
MVP Support
9653 posts

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

cant you guys see its a money maker. sony made people buy ps2 games as classics. and suddenly they will release a ps4 and wont be able to play those classics on the ps4? are they gona release classic versions for the classic versions?

It`s still to early to know for sure, they did say PSN purchases won`t transfer over, but it`s still unknown how everything will work, they may allow you to stream the PSN purchases to the PS4 with Gaikai.

Message 19 of 101 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

you know how rare this probably happens? Out of all my ps3 friends I don't think one of them has played a ps2 game in a longgg time, and most of them are already on the store for 5 bucks. 

No it's not a money maker, do research? So you know then, adding backwards would cost $100 - $200 more US dollars to create the ps4, thus raising the price of the ps4 100-150$. This would reduce sales massively and could ruin the ps4 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 20 of 101 (262 Views)
0 Likes