Jun 06 2013
By: jamesandhisboy First Son 5 posts

Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

100 replies 936 views Edited Jun 6, 2013

So bottom line sony has its good points and bad just like microsoft game consoles However where microsoft has made their system backwards compatible sony is yet again failing to do the same with their system this is their fourth system at they still have not figured out that people want to be able to play their old games as well as the new ones so as much as i am a avid sony playstation fan hate to tell you sony id much rather buy a system that i can play my old games on rather than paying more money for the same game i already own on psn for a digital download wasting my money is not worth your new system..

Message 1 of 101 (936 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34123 posts

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

Xbox One isnt backwards compatible.

Message 2 of 101 (935 Views)
Wastelander
759 posts

Re: Sony PS4 Will not buy Sonys new console if it will not play ps 1 ps2 or ps3 games

Jun 6, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Xbox One isnt backwards compatible.

womp womp

Photobucket
Message 3 of 101 (930 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Good topic to bring up.

I absolutely will refrain from getting into this new generation of consoles if they won't back off of going after used games, either console.  I don't mean this BS of "well, you can play used games, but you have to buy the license to the game to play it which could cost almost as much as the retail version of the game".  Join me in saying a collective, "Uhhhh, what?".  Yeah, I'm gonna totally rush out and buy a used game off Amazon only to turn around and throw down upwards of $50-$60 dollars to unlock the ability to play it.  Please.  Also the nonsense about having to go online at least once a day for updates.  Nah.  I won't do any version of the always online madness.  No thanks.  What if I go up to my mountain cabin for a couple of days and want to keep playing Watchdogs or something?  So you mean if I don't check in, my console becomes unplayable until I do?

Obviously most of that is in regards to the XBoxNone.  If Sony chooses to follow suit with the used games in any way, nope, you don't get my money either.  I'd just have to get my gaming entirely through steam or the Ouya at that point.

Message 4 of 101 (929 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
35314 posts

Jun 6, 2013

i doubt i am gona get a ps4 either looking the way things are. sony might do something stupid at e3.

Message 5 of 101 (915 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13010 posts

Jun 6, 2013
So because you cant play games from 1990 you're not going to buy a new console. Do you remember what era you live in? Who the hell pays $500 to play games from the 90s. Sony shouldn't worry about people like you and worry about people who want to play idk new games
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 6 of 101 (899 Views)
VP of Gaming
35314 posts

Jun 6, 2013

basically all the stuff i purchased on psn store will not be playable on ps4? and i cant play my favorite ps3 games then no way im not getting a ps4. sony can take their money making scheme somewhere else

Message 7 of 101 (895 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13010 posts

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

basically all the stuff i purchased on psn store will not be playable on ps4? and i cant play my favorite ps3 games then no way im not getting a ps4. sony can take their money making scheme somewhere else

Alright than take your forum account and **bleep** off. No one is forcing you to be here. 

Message 8 of 101 (891 Views)
VP of Gaming
35314 posts

Jun 6, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Alright than take your forum account and **bleep** off. No one is forcing you to be here. 

so just because i MIGHT not get a ps4 i should leave the forums? hahaha sweet post

Message 9 of 101 (887 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13010 posts

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

so just because i MIGHT not get a ps4 i should leave the forums? hahaha sweet post

Um yes cause you sound like a giant baby right now. The only reason why you want BC is cause sony is telling you you cant have it. I don't want to go pay more for an already expensive console just cause babies like you want a feature that you're barely going to use 

Message 10 of 101 (884 Views)