Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Re: Sony Ngp.....thoughts???

Mar 9, 2011

Wakefulness wrote:

for those that did follow the progress of the PSP succesor, no one could have guessed it would ever be so powerful. Two quad-core processors, (atleast) 512MB and, such a large OLED display where out of the question for many people yet, Sony have delivered and they have already hinted about it's retail price friendliness. Sony still have not confirmed the price, launch date, etc however, it is easy to see Sony taking these things very seriously as they recognize the mobile market as a very competitive space.

And I said it at the bottom of the post...I hope the NGP doesn't evolve 3 times and then on the third time not even two years out release a new Sony Portable Game\Media Device

Two quad-core processors....does that not make 8 cores all together...it's just I'm thinking I have fouled up how I perceive this Quote from This web site about the PS3's processor.....

"The Cell Broadband Engine has up to eight Synergistic Processor Units  (SPUs) or "cores" to help balance the processor workload thus making it  more powerful and more efficient than traditional "single-core"  processors."

And the NGP has 2 Quad-Cor es ....I'm lost how the NGP has less processing power if it has 8 cores as well..please drop some knowledge on my dumb self.

I've pre ordered my NGP from my small town GameStop $50 down and they told me it will cost $300...for what ever thats worth....

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 31 of 43 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 9, 2011

I'm really looking forward to SCEA releasing PS,PS2 and all PSP UMD titles.......

I have Mortal Kombat Trilogy the PS disc...and I put it in my PS3 just so I can play MKT on my PSP Go via remote play......

I hope the NGP is capable of playing PS2 titles cause yes I will buy my top 100 all over again...especially if they have a online feature and I mean 3G online not just AD-HOC LAN what have you not...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 32 of 43 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11800 posts

Mar 9, 2011

Looking forward to it. I think it will be cool but being dubbed as having near PS3 graphics...I think you might be disappointed. They should have added two analog sticks to the first gen PSP. I don't know why they didn't. The bottom line is that I think I might get it.

Message 33 of 43 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Mar 9, 2011

Im for sure getting it. Dual analog sticks was enough to win me over. But its also nice to see some other upgrades aswell.

Message 34 of 43 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Mar 9, 2011

Wakefulness wrote:

Hopefully. The GUI would look and feel awesome on the NGP.

DJ MAX portable 3 for the PSN is in Korean only than?

The PSN version of DMP3 is available on the US PSN, but it's quite buggy and the leveling system is unfairly balanced.

The Korean PSN and Korean UMD version (which I have) got patched on Late January, however for North America, only the UMD version has been patched. The bug-ridden North American PSN version is unpatched but still playable to completion.

Message 35 of 43 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Mar 9, 2011

StuByph wrote:

Wakefulness wrote:

for those that did follow the progress of the PSP succesor, no one could have guessed it would ever be so powerful. Two quad-core processors, (atleast) 512MB and, such a large OLED display where out of the question for many people yet, Sony have delivered and they have already hinted about it's retail price friendliness. Sony still have not confirmed the price, launch date, etc however, it is easy to see Sony taking these things very seriously as they recognize the mobile market as a very competitive space.

And I said it at the bottom of the post...I hope the NGP doesn't evolve 3 times and then on the third time not even two years out release a new Sony Portable Game\Media Device

Two quad-core processors....does that not make 8 cores all together...it's just I'm thinking I have fouled up how I perceive this Quote from This web site about the PS3's processor.....

"The Cell Broadband Engine has up to eight Synergistic Processor Units  (SPUs) or "cores" to help balance the processor workload thus making it  more powerful and more efficient than traditional "single-core"  processors."

And the NGP has 2 Quad-Cor es ....I'm lost how the NGP has less processing power if it has 8 cores as well..please drop some knowledge on my dumb self.

I've pre ordered my NGP from my small town GameStop $50 down and they told me it will cost $300...for what ever thats worth....

- There is a chance Sony should do something every year or so just to keep the NGP relevant. Nothing big but, maybe just making it thinner and lighter.

- It is difficult to explain but, the cell cpu is more powerful of a CPU compared to any and all mobile CPU's when it comes to graphics rendering in a parrelel way. The Cell is just meant to handle 3D graphics and do it very effectively compared to most. That said, the NGP is still more powerful than any mobile proccesor architecture to date. The specs are on the playstation blog somewhere.   

- It is going to be tough when Sony announce the price and launch date, more shops will open up pre-oders. Gamestop and Amazon are the two bigger names when it comes to reserving orders. Both are slightly different. Gamestop might cost more than Amazon but, it's there to pick up. Amazon it takes time but, there's no worry about waiting in lines to get it.

Message 36 of 43 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 10, 2011

shoot I'ma be standing in line playing my PSP Go....LOL

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 37 of 43 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 10, 2011

the other thing about that huggs is have you played Mortal Kombat 1,2, & 3 on a PSP....and just seen the amazing clarity in those older games from the PSP screen......they look like as if they came out on the PS2...but I do know that is all in the aspect ratio of the PSP's screens

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 38 of 43 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 12, 2011

StuByph wrote:

the other thing about that huggs is have you played Mortal Kombat 1,2, & 3 on a PSP....and just seen the amazing clarity in those older games from the PSP screen......they look like as if they came out on the PS2...but I do know that is all in the aspect ratio of the PSP's screens

No I have not played those games, but of course any PSOne game will appear better on a PSP screen, you are going from the fuzziness of a composite TV signal to the clarity of a direct pixel representation of the graphics on a smaller resolution screen. Also you do not have to play PSOne games stretched width wise to fit your PSP screen, you can select to view it in the old 4x3 format if you wish.

I would expect PSP games to look slightly improved on an NGP, but not by much, the frame rate would be better and smoother, and less pop up in games like GTA.

Message 39 of 43 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 12, 2011

I got'cha but mortal kombat 1, 2, & 3 were released on SNES first...it wasn't until the year trilogy was released that past MK's  were released on PS....

Never the less it would be nice to have Trilogy re-uped with an online feature and sold on PSN it its Glory of that classic MK Trilogy....

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 40 of 43 (17 Views)
0 Likes